The Biggies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniaturePrincess429

Reaction score
So basically this forum is deadicated to the littlies. But what about the big horses in your life? Share them with us. Pics stroy, etc

My big horse died in '89-just got minies Dec07......maybe a big horse in the Spring??

[SIZE=12pt]This is great
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

I have 3 Giants
default_wub.png

Genesis 2005 MFT Filly had since Birth

l_43371bd8d2143127ec62341479f92996.jpg

Foxy APHA Filly had since she was 5 months old

l_2a42328dcf127129a33bb0ff217fbf6b.jpg

Japheth AQHA 22 Year old Gelding Bought last year

l_80e21dd0ed2758c4645acd01d7a14d1e.jpg

Here are my Babies!

000_0029-3.jpg

coronasideshot.jpg

coronaandbud.jpg

000_0018-1.jpg

Here is Corona after a long night of barrel racing! I won a belt buckle with him that night!

000_0001-1.jpg

Here's our three biggies:

First is my main man Zip
default_wub.png
He's a Zippo Pine Bar and Hotrodder's Jet Set grandson.. His sire is IMA Flashy Hotrod who is a full brother to the gorgeous stallion Radical Rodder
default_wub.png
This guy is quite the character and craves attention, and while he can be a brat at times I still love him..
default_smile.png
Need to finish out his training but with being on campus throughout the week I haven't had the time, hopefully this spring I can put some time on him or get him into a trainer to finish
default_biggrin.png

100_0710.jpg

100_0716.jpg

100_0708.jpg

The mare behind him in the above picture is my first ever horse.. She's in her mid teens and been my trail mare for 8 years

102_0991.jpg

And last but not least is my sister's big soggy grade QH gelding Paco:

100_0771.jpg

All Three:

100_0767.jpg

My Biggie (well, the kids) .... 16.1 and a true gentle giant

S7300706.jpg

S7300483.jpg

and he smiles for apple wafers

S7300513.jpg

Mendy

Here are a few pics of my first horse, Descente "Fletch" a 16.2hh thoroughbred. Such a sweetheart. I'll have to find pics of my jumper too.

RAWF.jpg

Fletch.jpg

We have about 15 "biggies" here - Arabians and half-Arabs, mostly (a token Icelandic, too...) Here's our main man, our Khemosabi++++?? son Khornerstone KpM:

KAREN-07A-084beauweb1.jpg

db_Jjbo5b1.jpg

And here's his favorite girl, dam of his National winning daughter...

TA Sarrinade!

KAREN-07B-050sarriweb1.jpg

I currently do not offically own my own biggen, but my husband has a very nice black Hispano-Arabe (registered Arab X Andalusian) gelding and my son has a haflinger filly. Well, I don't really know if she qualifys or not, but she is bigger then our minis! I am in the market for a nice gaited quiet family trail horse however.
default_xreiter.gif

CJ is hubbys horse and Catalina is Loren's "horse".

beachride_jan05012.jpg

arenacj2037copy.jpg

ababies015.jpg

Catalina:

belgumnot013.jpg

catasept07005.jpg

_ajuly307026.jpg

All together while a fence was being fixed:

10_07ponies006.jpg

CJ, Catalina, Rocky:

10_07ponies001.jpg

Fun thread!!

Here are our biggies that we sold when we

got much more involved with minis then we ever expected

We were very thankful to find wonderful homes

for all 3. where we can still hear how they are doing

We were just interested in trail riding then not showing

My Arabian mare Sadi (my first show ya can tell I didn't have a clue what to wear)

scan0005-1.jpg

my husband quarter horse Nick

scan0003.jpg

and my spotted saddlebred Redman

who is the reason we got our first mini to learn to drive better

scan0001RedmanLoriGeorgiaLearningto.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We briefly tested the waters breeding Quarter Horses and ultimately decided the minis were as much as we could handle, but we still have a few biggies as pasture ornaments.

This is my very spoiled Arab, SIR, pictured at 15 years young. He has been out showing again the past two seasons with a junior rider:

sirtoward82.jpg
sir82.jpg

And our two retired broodmares Sunny, a champagne QH, and Chic, an Appendix and ex-racehorse:

sonnychic2.jpg
sonnychic.jpg

Here is my dads "Biggies". I am starting to convert him to miniatures, he still likes his riding horses more however. He really enjoys the Modern shetlands, he will not admit it, but i know he has a thing for the Moderns. He grew up in Kentucky so he likes his gaited horses, he does things "his" way. He has had big horse from since i could remember. He use to have a few thoroughbreds, an arabian gelding, a buckskin, a few mules back in the day, and a couple other horses.

Right now he just has two gaited Geldings.

I know dad looks silly in his overalls and tennis shoes and i know, no helmet. You can take the hillbilly from the hills, but you cant take the hills from the hillbilly. Straight out of the Kentucky Mountains
default_rolleyes.gif

Rosco ~ 14.3HH Gelding, i believe he is either 9 or 11 years old.

100_1411.jpg

100_1397.jpg

100_1405.jpg

100_1421.jpg

Dallas ~ Saddlebred X Tennessee Walker cross Gelding, 7 years old, 15HH

(One of my guy friends riding him, obviously not my father)
default_smile.png

DallasStanding.jpg

DallasPat.jpg

fe08c663.jpg

Big horses are not my thing, i've found my breed and they happen to be under 46"
default_smile.png
. I had a paint horse filly until she was two years old but the minis just really took over.

Leeana

Here's my big 'un!
default_biggrin.png

Anoki - 16.3hh PMU Pinto. I think he is 9 this year....

anoki206.jpg

anoki06.jpg

anoki306.jpg

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we make it to a few dressage shows in Michigan this year!!!
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

~kathryn

Oh .... What a fun thread. I'll share my Biggie.

Meet Azara. She is half Arab / Quarter Horse. I've owned her since she was a yearling and she is now 24 years old. Where does the time go ????? Seems like it was yesterday when I brought her home. We've been through alot over the years. The picture was taken about a week ago. Bless her heart.

WinterBarnPictures014-1.jpg

Great thread! My "big" is 15 hand Target - yes the Target of Targetsmom and On Target Miniatures. I found him in 1994 when shopping for an Arab, started showing him in Pinto shows in 1996 and then he had colic surgery in 1998. Then another colic surgery - much worse - in 2001, total of 30 feet of small intestines removed, but he is still going strong. He is, of course, the reason we have minis, and PINTO minis. My favorite classes with Target were showmanship and trail and I figured I can do those with minis!

Photo taken a few months after his second colic surgery. He is ridden western, English and dressage.

Target_SFEC1.jpg

Our two big horses. Both are QH's.

19 year old sorrel mare...

Hope to Surprise ya. I've known her since she was 2. Bought her when she was 5. We've shown and won in English and Western classes. She's got big movement for a 15 hand horse.

DSC00378.jpg

And

3 year old Captive Moxie--- By The Last Captive(Last Detail) out of a Mr. Moxie Man mare. Dreamed of owning a Last Captive colt and wasn't sure it was going to happen since he was gelded early due to health reasons. Was very fortunate to find Moxie. He's our resident big baby at 16 hands and growing. Moxie is supposed to leave for training in April... if I can let him go.

DSC_0024.jpg

Moxie5.jpg

Moxie1.jpg

This is my dad's 16 hh 16 year old trail morgan. Mongo.

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00308-1.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

This is my 4 year old quarter horse mare Spot.

saraspics221.jpg

saraspics218-1.jpg

saraspics262-1.jpg

DSC00216-2.jpg

saraspics223.jpg

This is my mom's 6 year old quarter horse mare, that is Spot's full sister.

saraspics213.jpg

DSC00462-1.jpg

DSC00481-1.jpg

DSC00474-1.jpg

DSC00382-1.jpg

Thanks for letting me share, I know there are a lot of pictures! :D

Latest posts

Back