Talking Bird named Einstein

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, shoot, guess my bird's name must be MUTE as he has yet to say one word. Maybe I need to send him to bird talking school :lol: :new_shocked:

WOW what a neat little bird, love them
default_yes.gif
:

:aktion033:

That was fantastic!! I just love african greys, I have an eclectus which is noted to be able to talk just as clear and as pronounced as an african grey, however my girl is much more reserved. She LOVES to talk about herself, and when SHE wants to lol...never when I ask her to!

I love Einstien! Thanks for sharing!

My girl, Kiki:

Kiki.jpg

We raise African Greys and several other types of parrots. The greys are not shy at all about expressing themselves. Even though we don't handle the breeders they are constantly telling me to "Hurry up I'm hungry!" or when I check the nest box one of the males yells at me "Get out!" We have so much fun with them.

My gray (timneh) has a pretty good vocabulary but never on command, and never when strangers are in the house. He calls the dogs, blows a very snotty nose, says sh&&&TTTTT, sighs, phew, bye bye, hello, etc. Lots of fun.

We took him along with us to the very first AMHA regional show in Springfield, MA and in the camper, he just said, I'm going to Big Bear (grocery store now defunct). Never said it again.

One good thing was he says his name which was helpful at first because I kept forgetting it. His name is Degay which I was told is an african word for bird.

[SIZE=10pt]MiniHoofBeats - your Kiki is beautiful!![/SIZE]

I have always loved birds. I have had my ub2 for going on close to thirty years now I think. I bought him when he was about five years old and at the time a wild import. He is now super tame - but that is a famous trait of these birds - they are just so super loving. The next parrot is a timneh grey - the smaller version of the African grey which is the topic of this thread. " Echo at last count says well over sixty phrases. He is also I suspect a wild import - I bought him from Corinne of Meadowridge. She had rescued him and a bunch of others. We love this little guy - he is a hoot! Here are some pictures taken this afternoon. The first is Francious ( Franny ) - my ub2.

HPIM0277.jpg

And here is Echo - my timneh grey.

HPIM0278.jpg

Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
Grays are really some intellegant birds. I had one but sold it to Luvmycritters. She really does love Echo. Here in my house..my loudmouth, and I swear this bird NEVER knows when to not talk--is my Severa McCaw. He can amaze anyone who is over her with his talking and mimmicking ability. But, when you really WANT him to do it-he looks at me and will cock his head and say WHAT??? My Mealy Amazon, is more of a quiet bird, just saying a very few words. The 2 big McCaws (blue &gold, and a Harlequin) talk very good and clear too, and another Molluccan Cockatoo I had never did talk very clear--but would sound like a scanner, only said about 12 words really good. Here is a pic of the mccaws. Corinne
BoogieandMccall.jpg

The 2 big McCaws (blue &gold, and a Harlequin) talk very good and clear too, and another Molluccan Cockatoo I had never did talk very clear--but would sound like a scanner, only said about 12 words really good. Here is a pic of the mccaws. Corinne
[SIZE=10pt]Do you have your sisters Mcaw's now Corinne??[/SIZE]

Lori

yes--but I keep telling her she needs to come and get them. I really dont want 2 more big birds, because of Bob's health, Corinne

Latest posts

Back