Take a look at my shelters

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Reaction score
I know yall will probably think I am nuts but I just had some time so,Here is a project I have been working on just decided to dress up my little shelters the offer shade in summer and for winter they have blinds that pull down and anchor at bottom to keep the little weanlings warm. LOL I have 4 so far all are different colors.LOL
Cnv0433.jpg

Cnv0439.jpg

Cnv0440.jpg

Cnv0438.jpg

hehe there cute!

My minis would think the coverings a toy and pull at it and eat it!
default_biggrin.png

There adorable, but how the heck do you keep your minis from playing with the colorful covering? Mine would have it destroyed in a matter of hours...if I was lucky
default_biggrin.png
, or they would probably be un-decorating it as I was trying to decorate it
default_yes.gif

LOL they are not finished yet I plan on putting up new white fence around paddocks and also something different for ground cover. They are made of very heavy material actually they are bill board tarps used for advertising they don't seem to bother them maybe they are just glad to have shelters. LOL

Will add more pictures when they are finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok this might sound dumb..but is the roof made out of a satelite dish? LOL

I love it! Now they need one of those triangular banner flags on top! Love the roof and your design too.
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

ok this might sound dumb..but is the roof made out of a satelite dish? LOL
Yes the top is satellite dish I have them given to me all the time I plan on putting some plain ones in some of my pastures that don't have enough shade also good to put feeders under them so grain doesn't get wet when it rains.

Have had one up for over a month now and none of the minis are bothering them . I think it is because the canvas is so heavy it would be impossible for them to tear it.

that's really inventive! I've made several shelters out of truck caps with pallets on the bottom to hold the up. those work well too. I've never thought about the Satelite tops though! maybe i should look around for some.. there are freebee's all the time in the local publications because they are so out of date.... awesome idea!

Nancy, I love them!! Im going to have to come visit soon. They look great, I love your place.

Will

that's really inventive! I've made several shelters out of truck caps with pallets on the bottom to hold the up. those work well too. I've never thought about the Satelite tops though! maybe i should look around for some.. there are freebee's all the time in the local publications because they are so out of date.... awesome idea!
Thanks I also have a lime green one , a red/ yellow and a tan/rust one that isn't finished yet. I like the dishes because they will be cool in the summer and give shade and for winter the sides roll down to keep out the night chill.

This has really been fun to build them I plan on filling in around the bottoms and all around the outside will put fine gravel so water will drain away from them.

Nancy, I love them!! Im going to have to come visit soon. They look great, I love your place.

Will
Thanks Will I am planning on putting a cluster of them in the small yearling pasture for shelter and also so they can have there grain feeders under them.

You are MY hero!

I love a good recycle anytime.

You'd have a blast here in Tennessee. I could fill you up with those dishes till they were coming out your ears.

You are MY hero!

I love a good recycle anytime.

You'd have a blast here in Tennessee. I could fill you up with those dishes till they were coming out your ears.
I love recycling too. I have a lot of those canvas tarps they are 20X40.Our next project is new fencing we cleared a large wooded area for pasture so naturally I had to recycle the trees had them cut into 1X6"X20' so will have them treated and build new fences.

I have seen the TV dishes used for lots of things some make gazebos they drill a few holes along the rim and put hanging baskets there when it rains the plants get the water have also seen them turned upside down and used for fish ponds.

Latest posts

Back