Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok cassie who's babys daddy?
default_smile.png

I could be wrong but if we assume he is bay then that won't make it clear which stallion was the sire?

The options where a bay pinto or a taffy/silver bay like Suzie wasn't it? So a bay could come from either combination.

Looking at the cam now, yes, I would be putting in a call to the vet before it gets too late in the evening.

So yes, IMO now is the time to call for some help???
That was my problem with my last foal, she foaled in the evening and the vet said it wasn't necessary so by the time it was obvious that she was in pain he had to return and it was nearly midnight. He wasn't happy about coming back and I had to insist.

new_shocked.gif
wow baby has gone blue
new_rofl.gif
Love the pj's Cassie

default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
:wub I can see the love buzzing around that stable already..what an amazing feeling eh
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Argh, I have to go and do that whole sleeping thing. Can't have me sleeping through Twinky's birth
default_new_rofl.gif

Can't wait to check in tomorrow but before I run off I will once again shamlessly plug my name suggestion:

"In Conclusion" with the paddock name of Connor
default_biggrin.png

Yes I have no shame
default_laugh.png
Night all!

" THAT HORSE IN AUSTRALIA HAD HER BABY" ...that was my husband screaming at me a few minutes ago...waking me up!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
after i tripped over the dog...there was Cassie, Suzi and her new colt!! I wasnt sure if Cassie was nursing or the colt LOL

Hes Beautiful Cassie..Mega Congratulations to you!!! He looks very dark! I've only read a few posts but it sounds like he saw the movie Fast and Furious!! and all was text book
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
. Will now have to wait for the video. I'll be back, just need to read the other posts.

Hugs to you all!!
default_wub.png

Congradulations Cassie, hes a great little man. Of course I missed the birth, she had him toooo early, I wasn't up yet. Hope everything is ok with mom and son. He is beautiful. I'm watching on cam now.

I do hope there is a photographer busy there somewhere..
default_yes.gif
best layed plans and all certainly do go to pot when it actually happenes no time to remember anything
default_rolleyes.gif
they both look so much better now I certainly wouldnt be worried about either..was a bit of a slow start but
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
both mum and baby are doing just fine now
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

default_saludando.gif
iam i bit worried bub hasnt had a good drink yet

i asked a friend and she said it might be a dummy foal or need a tranfusion
default_no.gif

has anyone heard of that before

Congrats Cassie and Suzie. What a handsome little boy. I missed it too, but excited to see what happened during the night. We had a seasoned mare foal that fast this year too and they we both just fine. We have never given pain after birth before this year, but one mare had to be checked by vet next day cuz she was still uncomfy and not wanting baby to nurse. She was great after getting some pain meds. So we had pain meds on hand for the last foal to arrive.

Cant wait to see pics of the little guy.

Marsha

Yes jenny I have seen a few but i realy don't think suzie's baby has anything wrong, some boys are just slow. The last dummy foal born here wouldn't stand and could hardely lift his head, he was put to sleep after 3 days.

HI everyone
default_saludando.gif
LOL sorry couldn't get myself away now trying to type this throught half closed eyes LOL

he is GORGEOUS I love him so much already n so does Suzie, they nicker at each other the whole time so MEGA cute!!!! he is slow to drink, and hasn't got the milk bar situation handled without my help but he has had quite a bit to drink now, so I am going to get some sleep for prob an hour then go back out n get him to drink again, if any of you see him drinking can you let me know please?

Suzie has really settled down now, thankyou Renee and Karen for the help!!

I was worried Suzie would need pain meds for a while as she did keep lying down, but him drinking ( I did express a little with the syringes I had on hand ) just to get him started she has really settled down... gave her some mash which she loved and the ivermectin... going to let them rest for a little while and will check on them again... let me know if you see anything wrong or you are concerned,

really glad Suzie has settled as I was going to call the vet but she is doing heaps better so I am happy for now
default_yes.gif

Thankyou all for watching and I'll definitley have to take a peek at the birth SO GLAD some one recorded it!! was so awesome helping her deliver him, was so quick, especially compared to cows LOL

right off for some sleeping LOL he was shivering so I put the rug on LOL he has a little bit of room to grow into it LOL
default_wub.png

more name suggestions please!!! love Conner... anyone else??

Congratulations on your feisty new colt!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I missed the live birth but so glad someone recorded it! I knew I needed to check Suzie's cam as soon and I woke up and there was Cassie and the little boy in Suzie's stall! I cannot WAIT for pictures!

new_multi.gif
risa8.gif
Suzie has her baby!!!
risa8.gif
new_multi.gif

WOW!! What a difference a half hour can make! Just had to pop out to do my boys and I come back to see Suzie happily looking more comfortable and small son busy butting around at the milk bar. All looking very peaceful and domesticated!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Love his little rug Cassie, think you were wise to put it on with a possible cold night in front of him, especially as he is getting his first drinkies.
default_yes.gif

Dont worry if he looks a bit tired when you next take a peek at them, he's had a very busy life in his first few short hours, and as long as he is taking plenty of little drinks, he will be fine!

Again, many many congratulations my friend, I am absolutely thrilled for you.
default_wub.png

have some Welsh names for you

Dylan.. Brecon.. Dai

Tudor.. Bowen.. but I think he looks like a Roo as the kangaroos certain showed the stork the way to go
default_yes.gif

well gave it directions anyway
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to add, that if all seems well at your next check - see if you can spot if he has passed his first poo - then I would give the clever Suzie another small feed and a load of hay, and return to your bed for a few hours sleep - that's if you can tear yourself away LOL!!

Can you get out of work tomorrow??? I think you deserve a day with your wonderful Momma Suz and cute little CONNER at the very least!!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back