Suspended

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlearab

Reaction score
I have been flooded with e-mails and phone calls in the last few days. And being that it looks like everyone wants to know what happened I decided to just put in on here there is no way I can sit all day and answer every e-mail.

To make a long story short last winter I purchused 2 mares . The person owned 5 miniature, 3 stallions and 2 mares. The one mare was 3 and from a breeding of two of the other horses.

The gal had done NO paperwrok on any of the horses, 3 were registered with AMHR and one was also but she did not have his papers. The 3 year old filly had had nothing done at all.

I asked the person to help me get the papers on the 3 year old and hopfuly on the foals they were due with come spring. I was told the sire was the black one, but had not way of knowing other then the person word..

I paid for all the updating and paperwork. Back stallion reports, updating ect.

Only one mare foaled, I sent n all the paperwork at once, all came back no problems.

In OCT the person placed an add on LP saying the stallions wouls make nice geldings because they "had never sired a foal." I saw the add and just blew it off, I see adds all the time I know are full of it. And I knew she was reallly needing to sell the stallions.

Then in late NOV I get a letter from AMHR stating there were ?s on the 2006 fillies paperwork.

I had sold her as a pet, due to her teeth being odd. I told AMHR I would do what ever they wanted to set everything right and contacted the gal I sold the horse to. I refunded her 1/2 her purchuse price of $350 and she sent the papers back to me and then sent them back to AMHR. So she really only paid $200 for the filly.

Our thinking was "why have the registery spend the time and money to prove the filly papers were OK when they were not needed any way?"

When I got the first letter the day after thanks giving , I tried to call AMHR like the letter said to let them know I got it ect. After 6 days I did get ahold of someone, Zona was not going to be in for weeks, so was told to call aboard member. I did and he said no big deal just send the papers back.

I did. I heard nothing for 4 weeks and then get a letter stating there was going to be a hearing in March.

March is calving time. I'm dairy farmer, we have 200 head of beef and 50 dairy cows no way could I go. I agian called AMHR and was told no problem.Was told she would just show them the letter explaining everything. And being the papers were back for some time there would be no problems.

Then I heard nothing agian until the end of March and recive the letter stating I have been suspended for 5years.

Needless to say I have not taken this well.. I've been sick over this whole thing from the start in NOV.

I have always been honest in every way and there is no way I would cook papers.. why would any one do that on a PET QUALITY FOAL.... It cost me money to put papers on her.. I did not make a dime. she would of sold for the same price with out them in the first place.

As I and many others see it I was suspended for buying a berd mare, and going by what I was told by the person I got the mares from. It could happen to any one.

So for now on I will be using WCMHR on my horses. I do not know if after the 5 years I will even go back to AMHR.

I use to read the names of others suspened from AMHR in the Journal and wonder what on earth they could of done to get that punishment. Now I know in some cases most likly nothing..

And the sad part in all this the only real losers are my 2006 foals.

They may not get thier AMHR papers ,but they are still quality foals... nothing can change that...

If this all sounds like sour grapes. I guess it is....

I was offered by many to letters and calls to AMHR about how they too were offered the same mares the same deal. That the paperwork on the 2006 filly was not made up and my honesty ect.

But being I was told "there would be no problems" And I knew I did nothing wrong. I just trusted what I was told.

My advice to everyone. Never buy a bred mares.And if you ever get a letter from AMHR you better pray and hope when they say no problems they are not just giving you lip service.

If that's really what happened, it sounds ridiculously harsh.

I know of one person who was "suspended" from both registries and she just got a partner to buy and sell horses and sells them "on application" etc. etc.

The person being punished should likely be the one that made the wrong claims as to stallion parentage, i.e., the original seller, not you.

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Liz M.

oh wow. that sucks. Hopefully you can get things situated though and not have problems. I agree with the other poster it was harsh and doesn't seem right.

I think, although i know it's expensive, I would have contacted a lawyer about this. sounds like things were handled very inappropriately and needs to be "re looked" at if this is how it happend. As you said..that could happen to anyone. you never know what your getting with paperwork..heck i'm sure there's alot of paperwork out there that isn't even truly for the horses it's sold with ect.

Why can't the foal be PQ'd to prove who the sire is? Also, has the previous owner been suspended? Weren't they the owner of both horses- the stallion and dam of the 06 foal when the mare was bred? They would have had to have signed the stallion report, etc... stating that the information was TRUE, even though it may have been your $ that paid for it.

How many stallions did they have on the place? I do not understand why you would be suspended when it was the previous owner giving erronious info, and signing to that fact.

Yep, I think I would be hiring an attorney, and having some DNA tests done. Were you suspended because you couldnt show up for the hearing? Something seems to be missing....

Latest posts

Back