Sunny's Pregnancy and Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Tortoise shape' springs to mind! LOL!! She looks very contented and happy Mommas have happy babies.
default_yes.gif

Well still no baby, there were some internet problems the past week so it finally got fixed today so here's an update....

Still no huge changes in the udder department, but her belly keeps dropping lower and lower.

Here's some pictures from yesterday.......

IMG_9507.jpg

IMG_9546.jpg

IMG_9582.jpg

IMG_9583.jpg

IMG_9640.jpg

IMG_9647.jpg

IMG_9660.jpg

wow she is looking really good
default_smile.png

you could stil have about a month... depends on that udder... and the baby LOL

its so hard to know, she is looking close though! have you noticed any loosening up behind?

Everytime I see Sunny, I think that she is such a pretty mare.
default_wub.png

She's looking good too - certainly a wide load!

Would still think she has a while to go judging on her udder, but who knows, she could bag up very fast, although it would be good if she could hang on until that snow disappears for the sake of her baby.

Hope all is well with you - do keep us updated.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, she's hanging in there. Baby sure is a active little one, uses Sunny as a punching bag.

Sunny's doing well today, only thing different is she had some softer/runny stool this morning/afternoon. Her bag is still the same.

Just keep a good eye on her if she is getting some loose poos - you never know!

I know you have plenty of snow there but are you still able to take her out for walks - soft snow and no icy patches would be great, and I know some folks wont agree, but it is so important for her to keep moving around, especially this close to foaling, and as long as she can walk on a fair depth of soft snow with a grass surface underneath, then there is little chance of her slipping up.

Any more change in her udder yet?

I also think that horses should go out daily what ever the weather for at least a few hours or a nice walk. There is nothing wrong with going out in the snow in my opinion, mine are out this morning and we had about 3 inches last night and it it still snowing now. Anna you have seen the pics of me riding my Haflinger in the snow haven't you? She loved to gallop up and down hills in the deep snow
default_smile.png

Never seen those pictures Renee - can you post them again somewhere, would love to see them....please.

These were a few years back before I sold my big ones for the minis

horses081.jpg

Eva playing in the snow!

she is gorgeous Renee! I always have loved Haflingers! and she would have to be a favourite! she is lovely!

are you watching for a while? I want to get a shower
default_smile.png

Well she has no problem with the snow does she, bless her! Thanks for the pictures Renee, she's such a lovely mare. Did you sell her when you got into minis?

Cassie, Penny is just being her normal self right now - walking or grazing.

I bought my first mini to keep her company cos she was the only one I kept but they hated each other
laughter01.gif
So I found a good home for her where she still is today. Then of course I HAD to buy another mini to keep the first one company and the rest is history
default_smile.png

Beautiful mare, Renee!

I can't wait to move and have more minis and have my big horse with us. I don't like him being at a different barn. I want to see him and work with him every day. That time will come though. And once that time comes I am SURE more minis will come. We are going to be maxed out here with Ricky, Laney, and her foal. I just love them all and would like a few more
default_biggrin.png

Sunny is a pretty mare too.. I just love Palominos. She is looking good!

Latest posts

Back