Summer, Annie, Flower, maybe in foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She really looks pointy bellied in the more recent pics from the side, I'd guess pregnant. But I agree I don't know when you should expect her to be due. Keep an eye out and hopefully you don't miss the big event if she does foal!

Yes, her belly has changed a lot! My friend told me to also measure her belly to see if she is growing. In 5 days her belly grew one inch!

Jessie, Post the picture that you showed me last night...
default_yes.gif

Here it is holly! This is the right one isn't it holly?

Baby belly??? : D

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes she has a changed belly and is growing nicely, but the 'v' will come once she moves that baby forward-of-center when you see her from the side. That's why we ask for a side and back picture, so we can "see" baby line up spine to spine, and watch baby move forward of center so we know it's in the proper position. Then we're looking for the elongation and the vulva changing from pink to red. And if they are VERY nice, they grow an udder for us to watch, as well.

She's changing nicely, so keep the pictures coming. Remember, all we can do is see the changes in pictures as we can't put our hands on her, and we all know these girls are sneaky and do things their 'own way' -- some are nice enough to 'read the book' but others don't and surprise us.

Good picture and another one in a couple of days will be great. Maybe you can add a picture from the back so we can see her tummy sticking out her sides.

She's looking in great shape!

Yes to me that photo make it look like a baby belly.....
default_smile.png
I dont know what else could cause THAT shape!

Amanda, Im already going nutty thinking I'm going to miss the birth! I know it's early but I'm out there checking all the time lol

Thank you Diane for all the info and comments! I will get the pics you asked for today and post them! : )

Rebecca, she does look like maiden in her tummy, she has only had one foal and kept her belly very tight and never got very wide lol maybe she is a mare that tries to hide it lol

Holly I'm getting more and more convinced she is in foal, udder seems a little bigger each time I look and she is soooooooo moody!!! Lol she is just bossing the other girls around and looks irritated all the time lol

Ok Today's pics! Tummy doesn't seen to be as low today : /

What do you all think?

And how much longer would you guess??

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

hmmmmmmmm she's a tricky one, I really cant tell how far off she is, have you felt any foal movement while she is eating dinner ?

Moody Mares - "Gotta love em"
default_smile.png

4-8 weeks right now is my guess... Until we see changes that help us guess better!!

Pictures look like belly is moving forward, and she seems slightly elongated. All looks positive to me with some slight udder development, maybe. in a few days we'll look again and see what has changed!

Yes Ryan she is tricky! And I do love her very much! Even when she is moody ; D I think I might have felt something move but it's wasn't good enought for me to say for sure it was a baby. But I keep trying to feel for one.

4 weeks would be great Holly! The sooner the better : )

Diane, so if her belly is moving forward does that mean we are getting pretty close, or could it still be about a month away? I'm so glad you all are here! Thanks so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to wait for another set of pictures before making a guess, so we can compare her elongation, how baby is riding from the back and then from the side. should know more in another couple of days, I hope. Nothing imminent, so sleep well.

She is doing fabulously. In the second picture baby looks a bit forward of center, and seems to be lined up. udder moving ahead nicely, and I'd be watching her closely now. Have you checked the color inside her vulva. It will change from pink to more red as she nears delivery.

Ok ahh I'm getting nervous! I checked the color other day and took a pic... I don't have one from today and I don't think it changed.

Here is the pic from about 3 days ago...

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back