STALLION OWNERS!! - I want to see your boys

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrymini

Reaction score
hey all

couple of months ago I aquired this colt/stallion (2.5yrs), who does have good movement, but can't really see his conformation properly as he is a fluffball atm. Previous owner only had fluff photos of him and he's never been clipped. I had planned on breeding him but since I can't see him under his snow gear I'm just wondering if he's good enough.

Anyways, I'm opening this post up for owners to post photos of their breeding stallions in all their winter glory

This is my little man...

"wazza"

New Beginnings Little Warrior, 31"

He has good breeding behind him and also has US bloodlines (grandaddy was imported)

Surviving a paralasys tick at 3 weeks old is his only accomplishment to date lol

/monthly_06_2012/post-44615-0-49895400-1339029226_thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread!!! ... except I don't have pictures of them in their winter glory! I like sleek photos when it comes to such a big part of our program.

These are our three stallions. We are mighty proud and very in love with each of them. They are each such loving and fun horses to have in our lives!

Erica's Echos of My Destiny HOF... Destiny is 33" and smokey silver black. He is a grandson of both Alvadar's Double Destiny and Buck Echo. Destiny's career wins include National Champion, Res. National Grand Champion, and Hall of Fame titles. He has sired some nice foals for us the past few years (all fillies):

Destiny%20Pictures%20By%20Shannon%20--%20June%202007%20--%20002.jpg

Destiny-----2008-Nationals-Driving-----Smallest.jpg

Erica's Gone and DunIT... "DunIT" is 31" and smokey grey grullo. He is a grandson of both BTU and Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and a great grandson of Egyptian King. DunIT showed very limitely but racked up National Top 10, AMHA Honor Roll and Grand Champion bragging rights. He is a very sharp mover to boot. We just love him, and he is one of the most entertaining horses I've ever known. His offspring all have gotten his gorgeous head and his sense of humor!

DunIT%201.jpg

DunIT%204.jpg

Erica's Can't Take My Eyes Off You... "Squirt" is under 30" as a senior stallion and is solid black. His breeding is Rowdy with a dash of Buckeroo. To date, he has accumulated 3 National Champion halter titles (Open, Ammy and Futurity), a number of National Top 3 wins, and Championships. We are excited to see what he can produce with our Buckeroo and Rowdy mares.

Squirt-Nationals--2011--2--stallions.jpg

SQUIRT,%20aka%20Erica%27s%20Can%27t%20Take%20My%20Eyes%20Off%20You,%20on%20September%2020,%202011%20%20%2811%29.jpg

Heres my 2!

The 1st boy is not considered top quality BUT I still use him on outstanding mares that do a great job cleaning up his foals!

The 2nd boy is my pride n joy! He is very much next to perfect in my eyes!

Heres both winter fuzzy pics and summer pics!

101_0028.jpg

DSC02786_cropped_6x4_2nd_set_sm.jpg

lk sentra.jpg

sentra_2009_3.jpg

Here's one of our stallions, Alvadars FIrst Lieutenant, in his winter fuzzies and sleek and fit at a show. Handsome boy with a true 'look at me' attitude!

Moose2011013123.jpg

0092.jpg

And this is our grullo stallion, Dusty Lane Vegas Bet a Buck. I don't have any fuzzy pictures of him, but these pics are straight from the pasture, not brushed or clipped. He his a sweet boy and seems to stamp is get with his beautiful color and disposition.

photo5b.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

I dont have fuzzy pics of all of our stallions but here are a couple:

The bay pintaloosa is Maple Hollows Little Bit of Magic

The silver bay pintaloosa is Arions Magnium PI

The black near leopard is Bissel Mounds Monte Carlo

DSCF5796edit.JPG

scan0072.jpg

DSCF6216.JPG

DSC_2458_web.jpg

DSCF4082edit.JPG

DSCF2367edit.JPG

Shawnee%20Halter%20Monte%20Web%20Site%20Copy-medium.jpg

Here is our boy.nostalgias double jeopardy chilling at 17 yrs young..he will have a home for life.

IMG_20120611_175521.jpg

IMG_20120606_195656-1.jpg

Here are my boys...

Ericas Rock My World

rock3.jpg

And Sundance LB Assured (although these pictures do him NO justice...he's SO much more refined in person than these pictures reflect!).

sun1.jpg

sun2.jpg

I love both of my boys...they're so sweet but full of it at the same time
default_smile.png

Tracy

Sorry, I don't have any winter fuzzy pics either. I do need to get busy taking some more photos and loading into photobucket. This first guy is "Lucky Four Sugar Boys Sundowner, her is an AMHA REserve Ch. and AMHR Ch. plus Ch. of Ch. His first two foals were fillies and both are Ch. Working on the others. His pedigree includes three crosses to Gold Melodie Boy, Roan Ranger, NFC Sugar Boy, Boones Buckaroo and my personal fav. Little Kings Blk. VElvet.

scan0002.jpg

This one is River Rose Prince Charming, he is the sire of my driving foals, he carries Dell Terra on both sides and is a stock type but always gives me long legged foals with great hips and shoulders.

100_1104.jpg

Fuzzy photo of SRF Buckshot (when he was learning to drive) and also one of him in the summer for comparison.

ETA: Anyone else notice a lot of the fuzzy photos are driving or ground driving. I think that is super!

BS11_25_07_1.jpg

Buckshot_08_1.jpg

Wont be letting my mares near the computer, all your handome men will send then into a fit of fainting lol

There are a couple of furrys there that seem to be as hairy as my guy and they look pretty good when clipped so there's hope yet! I should just buy a pair of clippers and put myself out of my mysery haha.

My little guy is 31" and he's a bit of a fatty atm. If you look at him from above he has a barrell belly going on.

Some things you might consider short of clipping. Not sure how cold it is where you are, but a good soaking rain (or hose) can wet down the hair and give a good idea of how they will look clipped. It is raining here today and our wet, un-clipped foals look pretty good!

The other thing you can do is take a photo of the furry mini and draw a box around the legs, topline and ground, leaving out the head and neck. I have found that this shape will be close to the shape when the mini is clipped, although for a really short mini, that topline may be a bit inaccurate. If you use our 30" stallion Buckshot above, you can see that this "box" would be close to a square in either the winter or the summer photo. (Ignore the leg he has raised). I want this shape to be a square, or very close to it, rather than a rectangle. And I admit that I love that fuzzy photo of him - he looks like a stuffed toy to me!

here is one of my stud Laurel Acres Double Vision Sire Laurel Acres Hello Fire grandsire NFCS Fice & Ice

"Elvis"

double20vision.jpg.w300h2401.jpg

dsc019821.jpg

I love seeing all your beautiful guys everyone

Our 1st stallion is Triple K Boogies Bow Tie-28.5" Smutty Buckskin (Triple Buckeroo bred)Buckeroo Grandson

IMG_0060yu.gif

not hairy

bowtie-3.jpg

Little Kings Buckeroo Buzz- 31" Palomino Buckeroo Son - World Top Ten Sr stallion

Fuzzy

testdepth019-1.jpg

clipped and show ready

image001-1.jpg

Here are my boys! Ten L's Spirits Afterglow and Ravenwood Medalions Marvelous Secret.

*Spirits photo courtesy of star ridge acres*

finchwood_miniatures005012.jpg

cretahills002035.jpg

Fuzzy photo of SRF Buckshot (when he was learning to drive) and also one of him in the summer for comparison.

ETA: Anyone else notice a lot of the fuzzy photos are driving or ground driving. I think that is super!
FUZZY
default_wub.png

384583_10150402716201883_726550960_n.jpg

This was the only winter time picture I could find of Valdez! This is this past December. I like the icicles on his whiskers. hehe

599656_450817698264405_788334747_n.jpg

And the last time he was at a show, 2 years ago - Grand Champion Senior Stallion & Judges Choice at 21 years young!

Here is one of my boy Birchwood UK Arabian Sunset in the fuzzies

AbbyandSunnyfirstclip18thMarch2011002.jpg

And a little later in the Summer

Sunny4edit.jpg

Sunny3edit.jpg

Latest posts

Back