Anxious pacing stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopersgirl3

Reaction score
So we recently got a new little stud mini named Little Man. He is about 13 years old and for the last 10 years of his life he has lived on a dairy farm with little to no contact with other equine only cows and goats. We brought him home about four days ago, and he was ecstatic to meet our other two full sized horses which are geldings. He stayed excited all day and ran around and made a fool of himself every time he nosed them. Starting on his first night here after the horses lost interest and left the side of his paddock he began to pace back-and-forth along the fence line, he paced all night long I’m pretty sure, and fast forward to four days later he has continued to pace back-and-forth along that Fenceline until he is tired and goes and takes a little break and then goes back to his pacing until the other horses come back and stand by him if they’re interested enough. He’s eating and drinking but his incessant pacing kind of worries me what can I do to help this little guy out? I know he just wants to be by the other horses but I don’t think it would be safe to put him in with my other boys. I’m planning on probably gilding him in the future as he is quite study and I am not planning to breed, maybe this will help a little? We’ll see how it goes with more time but advice from experience mini owners would be appreciated

Sorry just realize that I have put this in the wrong forum...But I can’t figure out how to delete it and move it

Last edited:
So we recently got a new little stud mini named Little Man. He is about 13 years old and for the last 10 years of his life he has lived on a dairy farm with little to no contact with other equine only cows and goats. We brought him home about four days ago, and he was ecstatic to meet our other two full sized horses which are geldings. He stayed excited all day and ran around and made a fool of himself every time he nosed them. Starting on his first night here after the horses lost interest and left the side of his paddock he began to pace back-and-forth along the fence line, he paced all night long I’m pretty sure, and fast forward to four days later he has continued to pace back-and-forth along that Fenceline until he is tired and goes and takes a little break and then goes back to his pacing until the other horses come back and stand by him if they’re interested enough. He’s eating and drinking but his incessant pacing kind of worries me what can I do to help this little guy out? I know he just wants to be by the other horses but I don’t think it would be safe to put him in with my other boys. I’m planning on probably gilding him in the future as he is quite study and I am not planning to breed, maybe this will help a little? We’ll see how it goes with more time but advice from experience mini owners would be appreciated

Sorry just realize that I have put this in the wrong forum...But I can’t figure out how to delete it and move it
Hi. I don't know if you moved this thread to another forum or not. I had/have a mini stallion. He was dumped on me quite literally, with his friend, a very old and sickly gelding. The gelding died about a year later. My mini was devastated. He had lots of company, but no other minis. So I got him a friend (oh, and two others as well because I have trouble saying no!) I couldn't get another male. I wasn't sure if he would even accept a mini gelding. So, with plans to geld before the pandemic I found a beautiful mare and her friends. Two are probably pregnant from previous owner's stud and one is an elderly mare. He was so enthralled I couldn't get him to eat for two days! He pranced around and showed off for them. He was lowest in the herd. Now he has a friendship with all of them individually and is very fond of my elderly girl and they hang out together a lot. I would like a baby from him but in no hurry. He will then probably be gelded or I will be flooded with babies! I think your little one needs a friend (or three!). I have never seen mine so happy.

Latest posts

Back