Stakes Classes at the 2006 AMHA Nationals!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horses mouth

Reaction score

The AMHA is entering a new era. The 2006 World show will debut “aged†driving classes for both Three-year-old and Four-year-old Country Pleasure Stakes and Three-year-old and Four-year-old Single Pleasure Stakes. This is an interim plan approved unanimously by the Board of Directors, to bridge the gap between the expiring existing performance futurity classes and the all new Performance Futurity. 2006 will be the first time in AMHA history that a first year driving horse will have an “Open†class to compete in free from having to show against returning National and World Champion and Grand Champion horses!

These classes will be held during the “Open†portion of the show, under the “Open†judges. They are open to ANY AMHA registered horse of the appropriate age (no futurity nomination or point qualification required). The Nomination fee will be $300.00 per horse with all nomination money plus additional added money paid back to the top ten placing contestants. The Performance Committee has been gathering donations for this program since the start of the year and is still actively seeking donations with the hope of making the pay-out for this program the largest in AMHA history! Nominations close August first so don’t miss out! This program is online at the AMHA’s web site: stakes infoThe performance portion of the existing futurity will end in 2009 with this year being the last year that $15.00 of your $150.00 nomination fees applying to the performance classes. Starting in 2007 there will be separate nomination forms available and separate funds for the 2010 Performance Futurity.

For additional information regarding the new futurity program or for more info on the 2006 stakes classes, contact Gary Barnes, Performance Committee Chair at: [email protected].

The AMHA is entering a new era. The 2006 World show will debut “aged†driving classes for both Three-year-old and Four-year-old Country Pleasure Stakes and Three-year-old and Four-year-old Single Pleasure Stakes. This is an interim plan approved unanimously by the Board of Directors, to bridge the gap between the expiring existing performance futurity classes and the all new Performance Futurity. 2006 will be the first time in AMHA history that a first year driving horse will have an “Open†class to compete in free from having to show against returning National and World Champion and Grand Champion horses!

These classes will be held during the “Open†portion of the show, under the “Open†judges. They are open to ANY AMHA registered horse of the appropriate age (no futurity nomination or point qualification required). The Nomination fee will be $300.00 per horse with all nomination money plus additional added money paid back to the top ten placing contestants. The Performance Committee has been gathering donations for this program since the start of the year and is still actively seeking donations with the hope of making the pay-out for this program the largest in AMHA history! Nominations close August first so don’t miss out! This program is online at the AMHA’s web site: http://www.amha.org/index.asp?KeyName=224]stakes info[/url]The performance portion of the existing futurity will end in 2009 with this year being the last year that $15.00 of your $150.00 nomination fees applying to the performance classes. Starting in 2007 there will be separate nomination forms available and separate funds for the 2010 Performance Futurity.

For additional information regarding the new futurity program or for more info on the 2006 stakes classes, contact Gary Barnes, Performance Committee Chair at: [email protected].

BTT

As I read this, there will be 2 separate stakes, one for 3 year oldsa and one for 4 year-olds. (actually 4, 2 each for country and single pleasure) My question is, can a horse which competes in this as a 3 year old come back & doit again as a 4 year old? Would another nomination fee be paid the second year? Also, how will they know which 4 year olds are "new" driving horses?

From what I understand, that the nomination fee is for that year so the horse that shows as a three year old pays $300 for that year, and then $300 for the 4 year old year. There was also discussion of an entry fee on top of that nomination fee, but I am not totally sure of that. You can email Gary Barnes for clarification on that.

I am not sure yet what the payback schedule will be, but the paybacks will be very, very nice.

As I read this, there will be 2 separate stakes, one for 3 year oldsa and one for 4 year-olds. (actually 4, 2 each for country and single pleasure) You are correct, there will be 4 classes My question is, can a horse which competes in this as a 3 year old come back & doit again as a 4 year old? Yes "ANY" horse can compete in the stakes as long as it is the correct age and "in good standing" with AMHA Would another nomination fee be paid the second year? Yes, these are separate stakes classes. This is an "interim" program for 2006 and if successful will continue through 2009. Starting in 2007 there will be separate nominations for the Perfomance Futurity, which will pay out in 2010 Also, how will they know which 4 year olds are "new" driving horses? I'm not sure what you mean here by "new" but I would be more than happy to clarify this further. Just email or call me at your convenience: [email protected] or (254) 835-4534....THANKS! Gary

From what I understand, that the nomination fee is for that year so the horse that shows as a three year old pays $300 for that year, and then $300 for the 4 year old year. This is correct There was also discussion of an entry fee on top of that nomination fee, but I am not totally sure of that. There will be a Class entry fee as this is an "Open" class (although there will also be an entry fee for the existing futurity classes). This entry fee is the only payment that will be made to AMHA and will cover all costs. You can email Gary Barnes for clarification on that. [email protected] I am not sure yet what the payback schedule will be, but the paybacks will be very, very nice. It is the Performance Committee's goal to seek as much "added money" for these classes as possible. At this time I have approximately $10,000.00 in pledges which will be added to the entry monies. If everyone interested in Driving and the perpetuation of our breed and registry were to "get on board", imagine what we could do!

YEAH!!! For those of you already active with performance here is the action we have all been waiting for!

Then for those of you who are currently not into performance. well you sure are loosing out on this special opportunity! This gives you a chance to get your horses out in the ring for your farm promition, while have fun at the same time. Plus if for some reason your horse wasnt nominated as a foal in the futurity program that we have currently and you always had regrets, this is your option to get back in to win some $$$!

Now isnt about time we show off the versitility of our breed??? Havent we always wanted to win back some $$$??? HERE is your CHANCE!!!

For sure I am going to add my stallion to compete in the stakes class!

THIS IS A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Yeah! Way to go Chandler............

Thanks for the nice bump!

For all of you interested, don't forget, nominations have to be post marked before 08-01-2006.

Latest posts

Back