AMHR Futurity Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2010 was a banner year for futurity payouts. 431 horses competed for a total purse of $63,476.24 ($56,897.46 in the standard futurity + $6,654.70 in the Super G). Of these, owners of 130 horses received a check from their entry's placing in the National Futurity classes offered in Tulsa last September. Payouts ranged from $189.47 to $1001.65. Not a bad return on an initial investment of $5.00 mare nomination fee + $25.00 stallion nomination fee!

Participation in the futurity is not restricted to foals of the current year. Futurity horses can, and must, be sustained in the program to participate through the age of 3, as the potential for ever increasing paybacks exists. The average weanling futurity halter champion earned approximately $400 for his/her first place finish while the average three year old halter champion's check was around $900. In addition, those three year olds are eligible to participate in both halter and driving classes, thereby doubling your chance of winning.

Good stallions make fantastic geldings! Gelding your futurity horse affords yet another opportunity to compete - in the Super G Program. Geldings may compete as three year olds in either halter or driving classes.

Nominating your foals increases their marketability. Participating in the national futurity does not require traveling to Tulsa with your weanling and showing that first year of eligibility. As long as that foal is sustained in the program, it may be shown as a weanling, yearling, two or three year old - four years of potential income from that one little horse! This is your program......you decide when to show that futurity foal.

Stallion,Earnings,Owner

* D.M. Starbuck Sonny

$3195.80

Don Maas

* Rhapsody's Reign Man

$2610.86

Lorie Selden or Rene Bush

* Cross Country Take My Breath Away

$1964.50

Erica Killion

* Kewpie's Paposo of Arenosa

$1901.54

Les or Getitia Matheny

* Graham's Classic Entertainer

$1750.41

Arlene Foulk

*Michigan's Silver Streak

$1727.23

Madison Mack or Heidi Minihkeim

* Michigan's Heir to the Throne

$1527.09

Edward McCarthy II

* Alliance Firing Line

$1386.08

William Thurman

* Willowlawn's Foxxy Kid

$1358.67

Marilyn Aldrich or Jamie Aldrich-Jones

* B&L's Rock E Red Alert

$1354.84

Mike or Lisa Strassle

A new feature this year is naming the top producing Futurity Farm for 2010, with that honor going to Buckeye Walnut Creek Farm owned by Les and Getitia Matheny of Ohio. (The top producing Futurity Farm is based upon the total winnings by horses bred at that farm.) Feel free to contact Bruce Abbott 315-963-7373 or e mail [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif

Wow this is great to see all the results for the stallions! Keep nominating the mares and stallions
default_saludando.gif

Heidi

Home of Michigans Silver Streak, producing multi national champions

Last edited by a moderator:
While I am pretty new to the Futurity part of breeding/showing, when ever I had in the past read how someone thought it was "too expensive" to nominate/sustain their horses, it has always bothered me. The cost is so minimal...and even if you (the breeder) do not plan on ever showing that Futurity horse, if you sell that horse, it is always a PLUS to the buyer if that horse has been sustained in case they would like to show in the Futurity.

Thanks for posting all those results for us to see!

I have 2 Futurity horses nominated/sustained for 2011 and this is such an exciting part of Nationals for me!
default_aktion033.gif

I agree with Linda! We've started nominating all of our foals to the AMHR National Futurity, and sustaining them each year too. So far we've only shown one in it, but she won nearly $900, so it was more than worth it.
default_yes.gif

Back