Spook'tacular Event in Roseville, CA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowriseMinis

Reaction score
We're thinking about going, but it's a 3 or so hour drive for us. Worth the trip? Anyone else going? It would be neat to meet some other forum members up there!

Can I have details please I have not heard of this. Is it a show for the minis or is it just a place to meet up for mini lovers.

Can I have details please I have not heard of this. Is it a show for the minis or is it just a place to meet up for mini lovers.
It is a Miniature Horse Sale and Expo.

http://www.petiteequine.com

http://www.petiteequine.com/uploads/Flyer2007.doc

You both really aught to go. If you wait for mini events to happen in our area you will wait for ever. A 3 hour drive for a mini event for us is not all that far.

I am not going because I just returned from a 7,200 cross country trip in my motorhome half of which I was pulling my horse trailer. I have no real desire to do any driving now that I don't have to do. It also conflicts with a dog show Specialty that I am considering going to in the Bay Area.

I don't blame you Neil, you've been busy lately!

It sounds like a fun event, I just didn't want to get there and find out there were only five other people there. That would be my luck!

I don't mind the drive...we drove from here to Kansas one year to show rabbits, so that part's not an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like a fun event, I just didn't want to get there and find out there were only five other people there. That would be my luck!
Trust me when I tell you that this organization doesn't rent a fairgrounds for a weekend for five people to show up. There will be lots of people and horses there. This is their fourth year of putting this event on and it has been very sucessfull or they wouldn't be continuint to put it on.

are there going to be minis for sale? If so I would maybe talk to my mom about it. I am gonna check it out and see what she thinks.

Hi,

I've been going to it for several years. It is a lot of fun and usually there are quite a few horses for sale, and they also have a raffle, costume parade, a wonderful lunch and last year Jim Curry was there with his Tack Trailer..

I know several people that will be bringing horses. I haven't decided yet if I'm taking anyone...probably not, I think I'll just go and have a good time visiting.

(you MUST bring your van !!! LOL
default_yes.gif
: )

There should be plenty of Mini people to chat with and get to know.

Sue
default_smile.png

I must do no such thing! I have very little capital to my name at the moment!

...we are, however, in need of a few harnesses.

Oh I think I may have to go to this!!! It's about a 2 and a half to 3 hour drive for me as well but sounds like fun
default_yes.gif
:

Hello Lowrise:

Although we have not attended the Spooktacular ourselves. Our stallion Legend was shown there with Kriss Calao last year. Kriss would be a wonderful person for you to look up and talk to if she will be attending this year along with looking at some lovely horses.

Dawn :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going, and I'll even be bringing horses to it. Which reminds me, I need to get my paperwork turned in!

Thanks for the heads up Dawn! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for her and introduce myself!

For those who have gone in the past...what is the sale like? Are the horses generally good quality? How about prices? It is an auction or are there just horses available?

Yes, there have been really nice horses, and it sounds like there will be again this year.

The way it's been done is the horses are pre-entered, and there is a Sales catalog available with information on the horses, the horses are presented in the arena one at a time while the information is being read, and usually a price is quoted. Some horses are presented Halter class style, some do a Liberty demo, some are driven.

All sales are private with the owner of the horse. Prices are also posted on the horse stalls.

Most people decorate the stalls with Halloween decorations, lots of candy.......

There is also a Stallion Parade. It is done the same way as the Sale horses.

Sue
default_smile.png

I have also been and it is really worth the drive. Great horses, lots of fun stuff for kids to do, sale horses and usually they have a speaker or two as well. Very worth while.

Definitely would recommend going as it is a fun event and worth the drive! The more support the mini events get the more they can plan to offer. It is a good place to see a variety of minis for sale, have fun and enjoy yourself.

Petite Equine, the group that puts this on, does a nice job and it really does help promote minis. I generally advertise in their catalog, but totally forgot about it this year - too many PC issues and lost emails!!

I don't know if we'll make it - October is a 'family' month here with birthday's spread throughout the month and events that I don't plan usually conflicting, but if we're free I do plan on going this year.

There is also a schooling show sponsored by Valley Sierra on (I believe) October 27th in Wallace (great Sacramento area) for minis/ponies under 40-something inches. If anyone is interested email me and I'll dig out the contact info - just received the flyer last week.

It is only about 1-1/2 hours from me. I might try to go. I have almost got my brother talked into buying a horse so his wife can learn to drive and what not. Actually, I have to make a call about a mare tonight. I hope he gets her. But, I think they would really like to see something like this. They haven't gone to a show yet. He is an ex-Bull rider and thinks the little horses aren't manly. We used to drive to Stockton once a month for rabbit shows so, Maybe he will go for this event. If he doesn't like it then we can go to Denios auction anyway so the trip wouldn't be a loss at all. LOL

I am going this year! I thought I went last year, but it must have been the year before. I didn't see legand there and I can spot him anywhere!LOL! The year I went I was looking for appys too and couldn't find any there. It was lots of fun! I hope Jim Curry will be there, he was the last time I went. I need stuff! I hope I get a chance to meet all of you who are going!

Shelia :saludando:

It looks like Ill be going but without the wife as shes still healing from our accdent last may. Im trying to get a friend to go along tho. we missed this last year. every one that went said it was a good event. the flyer says its indoor. see you all their. DR.

Latest posts

Back