spider picture

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JO~*

Reaction score
We have these guys all over the place. I don't think they hurt anything so I just let them be.

This one happens to be a really big one :new_shocked: so I took its picture to show you guys.

I can just hear some of you right now saying eek yuck :lol:

spider004.jpg

Holy Moly!!!! That's one big sucker!!!! :new_shocked: It's body is just as big as my fist!!!! :lol:

That's a beautiful picture. She's so pretty. I do love spiders
default_smile.png

Andrea

:eek: I hate spiders, snakes, and in general anything that is creepy and/or crawley!!! But this is a wonderful picture. I think it's absolutely beautiful!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

That is just gross. I don't like spiders or snakes... Don't let Leena from the forum see it.

I am sure it would gross her out too. Or my poor Mom. We just got back today from the

doctor with her. She was on her way home from work last Thursday, and her left leg

started really hurting her. We had to go out of town Friday to a wedding. Then Monday

was back to work for her. Yesterday she came in and her leg was swelling bad. So I made

her doctor's apt. Took her today. Doctor says its a spider bite. And a bad one. She has

an infection setting in. She should have went sooner. Doctor put her on Antibotics and told

her to use a heating pad. If it gets worse to go to the hospital. So watch out. We don't know

what got her. It had to bite her at work. And she works in a Day Care. Mom informed them

right away to check that room and spray it. So be careful. And if you can say an extra

prayer for her.

Vicky

Whether or not you like spiders..........anyone who appreciates nature HAS to admit, she is beautiful!

Great Shot! (And my 9 year old agrees!)

MA

I am one of those people who carries spiders outside rather than kills them (we have nothing poisonous here) so they don't bother me. I prefer them around to eat all the annoying bugs!

That is a great photo!

Ew! I would have been looking for a BIG stick to smash it with.

Hee Hee I know that picture would get a mix of responces :lol:

Vicky-I hope your Mom is getting better from her spider bite, I know they can be bad.

Friend almost lost her horse from a recluse bite, and another friend got bit by a spider and like your Mom she has no idea when or how but she got pretty sick from it.

Jo

That is a beautiful spider! All creatures have a purpose. Thank you for sharing it with us.
default_wub.png
:
That is what I grew up being taught. I simply will never understand the kill it just because it is there mentality.

I have heard of the brown recluse though, and how they are common even in houses. If we got them here, I would feel very differently about those I am sure, but I try to leave any creature that is not harming anything alone. Many of the creatures that make people cringe, are actually beneficial and do more good than harm.

That is a beautiful picture. It's an orb weaver and is a very common garden spider and quite harmless. They are extremely beneficial to the environment and people who kill them are just plain ignorant.

Last edited:
I do run from spiders but had too look, Oh my goodness.

I couldn't help but shiver what a big big big Spider, Glad it's there and not here.

But yes, I must admit great Shot :new_shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will admit it is pretty picture but I am not fond of spiders. Just last Sunday night, of course my husband had just left for work for the week 4 hours away
default_rolleyes.gif
:, I went into the bathroom before bed to take a shower and lo and behold, a nice big, black spider was hanging under my bathroom cabinet! As soon as I moved something out of the way it ran up its web and into the little bitty space behind the cabinet. Uh, not going to bed knowing this big, black scary thing was hanging out just waiting for me to close my eyes and go to sleep before its attack. So...I grabbed the closest thing I had, freaking out the entire time....Raid! I sprayed half a can on the thing and it finally fell from behind the cabinet so I scooped it up into a glass without touching it. I was getting ready to throw it outside (ok, I have a bit of a soft spot that creeps in once in a while
default_yes.gif
default_smile.png
when it opened up and I saw the red hourglass on her belly! A black widow! My first and hopefully my last. I knew we had them here but I have never seen one and definitely not in my new house! Needless to say Terminix was out the next morning bright and early, for the second time in two weeks, and he actually told me that ALL spiders are poisonous, especially the "daddy longleg" spiders but they just can't get their mouth around us. Nice, comforting thought huh? Sleep tight!
default_wink.png
:

he actually told me that ALL spiders are poisonous, especially the "daddy longleg" spiders but they just can't get their mouth around us. Nice, comforting thought huh? Sleep tight!
default_wink.png
:
Well I sure wouldn't want to play with the Black Widow either, YIKES!! :new_shocked:

All spiders have venom, this is how they immobilize their prey, but when I say poisonous, I mean deadly. I have let daddy long legs crawl all over my hands ever since I was a child, and I still rescue them from inside our screen porch all summer long, I love them!
default_smile.png

edited to add: The insect I have always known as a daddy long legs, and what everyone I knew called a daddy long legs, (the ones with the wee circular rather than elongated body in the centre of all the legs) is not actually a daddy long legs, nor a true spider, it has six legs not eight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hee Hee I know that picture would get a mix of responces :lol:

Vicky-I hope your Mom is getting better from her spider bite, I know they can be bad.

Friend almost lost her horse from a recluse bite, and another friend got bit by a spider and like your Mom she has no idea when or how but she got pretty sick from it.

Jo
Jo

Thanks, her leg is still giving her a lot of troubles. Still taking the antibotic's. Praying it heals. If

she gets worse, she goes to the hospital. So we will be watching it closly this weekend.

Vicky

Jo...what a beautiful picture.
default_yes.gif
:

I had an Orb Weaver just like that outside my kitchen window

It was like a pet I gazed at every day...then one morning it was gone
default_sad.png

I am sure a a bird nabbed her...she was a beauty...her body was easily the size of a dime.

I was raised with the 8 legged friends...Tarantulas

I am the only one in the family now that does NOT have one.

However I did have a Mexican Red Leg for over 15 years
default_wink.png
:

Gosh Vicky, do they know what type of spider would cause this reaction? I am sure more than one but maybe you have a particular one native to your area. Just curious. And I sure hope she recovers soon.

Latest posts

Back