SOS Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise

Reaction score
Would like to know the results of the SOS Miniature sale today. I know it is early but thought i would post anyway. It is always exciting to see how things sold .

Thanks

Louise

I don't know the results except for Viki who just posted bought a nice little appy mare!
default_smile.png

I know a couple of people that were there today, but they must not be home yet. Hopefully they will update us tomorrow after they get some rest.

This is what I found out.

There were about 60 horses that went thru. The Sunrae horses didn't show up, so the Buckeroo son was not there.

Good crowd, low prices. Well bred horses sold cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought lot #22. If she is/was an indication of the prices....they did go cheap! I feel like I got a real steal! I'm really curious what others went for. I heard ND got a BIG snow and some horses didnt make it in from there.

Viki

Yes several states got dumped on with snow up to 10 inches right before the sale. I know we got it here in MN on Thursday. Nebraska got it on Friday. I am sure it kept some people from traveling.

I am pretty sure that forum member icspots was there, and I know one more was there but not sure of his forum name. Hopefully when they get caught up they will jump on and fill us in.

Doesn't look like prices for selling horses at sales are going to improve around here this year. One of the sales that usually takes place in the sping and fall here has decided not to even have a spring sale. I am talking minis, big horses are even a bigger issue.

I was at the sale and worked the sale and sold on the sale!! I think the crowd was down a bit because of the weather, I think there were a lot of new mini buyers there which affected what sold better/worse, and the amount they were willing to pay. Typical for newbies, size, color and pedigree were a bigger "draw" than the actual horse. But all in all, in that prices weren't high, they were pretty much on par for last year and certainly better than the sale in Webster City IA was last year. I think with all the gloom and doom over the economy in the news, we can be encouraged that prices are at least holding steady and not completely dropping out of site like they have with the full sized horses.
default_unsure.png

Please tell us I didnt have the high selling mare! I feel like I got a great deal, as a buyer! If I'd been the seller I would have been sick though!

Viki

Just bumping this back up hoping that someone that went to the sale will post prices.

While I would like to see prices, I can understand the sellers not wanting them to be posted if they were low. Auctions can be a great chance for buyers to get a good deal, but I don't think any breeder wants to give potential customers the impression that they are happy to accept those prices on a regular basis.

This is Lonnie with the SOS sale. Prices were not dirt cheap and not way high. LOTS of new potental buyers out there.

Remember your Wall Street stock is only as good as the day you sell it!

IF you plan on staying in the horse market, plan ahead. There are a lot of AFFORDABLE pedigree horses out there right NOW for sale.

If yours are not the quality you want, TRADE UP NOW at these prices. STOP whining and take advantage.

Lonnie Sharping.

Well said Lonnie, I have taken advantage of the market, and got some great deals! Hope to get more, and improve my herd, so when the market improves, my stock will be improved!
default_rolleyes.gif

Got some great prices on some great horses, and LOVIN IT!!

I didn't go to this sale but I agree NOW is the time to buy and IMPROVE your herd!
default_wink.png

So Lonnie (sharplook), anyone going to give a list of what the horses sold for?

Hey guys.....I'm back! Here are the prices from the sale:

1) SVF Desperados Shadow Dancer - $335

2) Misty Marie - $350

3) Hear About Windstorms Raven Beauty - $300

4) RCW's Little Diego - $110

5) Longman's Spencer Saylor - $260

6) Longman's Champ Cadence - $175

7) Sonny Jewels SOS - $320

8) RCW's Packin Heat - $200

9) On Application - no show

10) On Application - no show

11) On Application - no show

12) On Application - no show

13) On Application - no show

14) RCW's Little Red Sportster - $100

15) On Application - no show

16) On Application - no show

17) On Application - no show

18) On Application - no show

19) Axtman Prairie Reba Mae - no show

20) Trilogy's Bahku - No SALE (wanted $800)

21) LFF's Chrystal Blue Brook - $350

22) KW Little Stormie - $500

23) Squires Amy Lynn - $275

24) Trilogy's Eternal Vision - $500

25) RCW's Action Jack - no sure on this one

26) Trilogy's Medea - $400

27) South Dakotas Buckskin Diamond - $325

28) Trilogy's VooDoo - NO SALE

29) Trilogys' Lady Phase - $300

30) Trilogys' ? - NO SALE

31) RCW Prairie Prince - $110

32) Fancy Fortune S - $375

33) On Application - $195

34) On Application - NO SALE

35) KNW Illusive Reality - $375

36) Seahorse Orion One STormy Nite - not sure on this one

37) Wild Dun Dancer SOS - not sure on this one

38) Dakota McQ's Redwing - not sure on this one

39) High Flyer S - $275

40) Fly HIgh S - $250

41) RCW's Dakotah Domino - $250

42) Mongoose Laurie - $275

43) Darkstars Midnight Mystique - $750

44) Simple Twist of Fate SOS - $425

45) I Spotaloosa SOS - $300

46) Toxic Trophy SOS - $310

47) Mocha Coca Cowgirls SOS - $275

48) Blonde Thoughts SOS - $225

LOT's 49-67 - NO SHOW DUE TO WEATHER

68) Angels Pretty Daisy May - $240

69) On Application - $140

70) On Application - $250

71) Axtmans Prairie Cream Puff - $500

72) Axtman Prairie T Dream Reflection - $260

73) Axtman Prairie Dakota Reflection - $135

74) Axtman Prairie First Edition - $175

75)Lucky Stars Patriot - $225

76) Moon Latch S - $200

77) Lowery's Holy Smoke - NO SALE (Wanted $500)

78) Philco's Pretty Distraction - NO SALE

79) Philco's Ninfa - $500

80) On Application - $175

81) On Application - NO SALE

82) On Application - $185

The Sunrae horses were unable to make it due to the weather.

Hope this helps guys - I can try to answer more questions if anyone has questions. Email me directly please.

WOW I never realized prices on the quality horses were that low. It's a good thing I don't go to sales, my hubby would kill me, I tend to be a "bargain hunter"

I am the proud new owner of Lot #22. She arrived today and I think she's going to be a real asset here!
default_wub.png

Viki

Wow and did I read on this thread those were not considered dirt cheap prices? :DOH!

Latest posts

Back