Somthing my farrier said

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's a lot better then options when you are out boating
pm me, we have a nifty pee container I can tell you about...lol...not a poo one though!

No toilet, no running water, no electric- I surely do not bag any of this up
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

So........unless the loo was outside I think I might do the same as your farrier- after all a lot of people do not like muddy boots in the house and a LOT of people do not like "strangers" in their houses, let alone using their loos.

It is a barn after all.....yup been there done that. :
default_biggrin.png

OK I learned my lesson a few years back when I was in a snowsuit and when I "went" I soon realized I had peed into my snowmobile suit hood!

So guess we've all done it although I'd invite her to go int he woods here as I like to try to keep stalls dry and horses are bad enough.

Maixne

OK I learned my lesson a few years back when I was in a snowsuit and when I "went" I soon realized I had peed into my snowmobile suit hood!

Maixne
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Now THAT"S funny !!!!

When the lady that bought my last 4 horses came up to gather them from my neighbors pasture she and her husband and 2 grandchildren were the only ones there besides me. Neighbor was gone. I was at the back of the trailer, it's a little chilly so she asks her husband where the napkins were at... I thought to blow her nose.

Ok.. so I stay standing there and the next thing I know she says "BOY I feel better" so I turn around to see her speaking only to see her instead wiping, tossing the napkin, and tugging her pants up to return her baggage to it's proper compartments !!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_shutup.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_shutup.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Ok.. so keep in mind, she was behind a very very small woodpile (about 1 and a half feet hight) but she stood up and spoke to me BEFORE she was properly tucked back in !!! We were only about 50 feet from the very highly travelled road and the woodpile was between me and her, not her and the road. Anyone going by could have seen her watering the grass out there.

I spun around VERY quickly and told her she might want to be careful doing that, there was a 4 year old stallion running in that pasture and several 2 legged stallions in the field right next to us setting up deer camp and they were on the same side of the woodpile that she was on !!!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

MY BABY SITTER WATCHED MY VET ON MY FOAL CAM USE THE BATHROOM IN ONE OF MY STALLS!
default_yes.gif
AT FIRST I WAS A LITTLE AGRAVATED BUT NOW I THINK IT WAS PRETTY FUNNY, MY SITTER TOLD ME SHE MAY WANT TO LOOK INTO TANNING BECAUSE THAT WAS ONE WHITE DARIAR ON THE SCREEN
default_yes.gif
STILL WOULD HAVE PREFFERED HER TO COME INSIDE!

Yep, been there done that. When ya gotta go ya gotta go.
default_wink.png

I've even used a trailer while waiting to start a ride in a parade. Mine is a stock trailer so I used a (friends) enclosed trailer. Maxine I sure can sympathisize....many years ago I was in such a hurry I didn't pull the pants forward enough :DOH! and wet pants are NOT fun to pull up and wear even if it isn't very far to the house!
default_new_shocked.gif

oh well, I guess I am just weird!!!
default_wacko.png

I loved the peeing in the snow suit hood story and the vet peeing on camera... too funneeeee!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Jesper said:
many do feel uncomfortable about going into other peoples houses because they are often a lot cleaner then the barn is ;) and a farrier might sprinkle dirt around if entering the neat house, I would feel bad if that happened to me.
What? Your house is cleaner than your barn? Deviant! LOL
default_new_rofl.gif
My barn is spotless but the house...well...that's another story.
default_unsure.png

RobinRTrueJoy said:
I have enough pee to clean up beside a human peeing in my barn. /quote]
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
You pee in it, you clean it! I worked hard to clean that barn.

RobinRTrueJoy said:
One time I found a construction guy that was building my barn, peeing on my hay in the hay barn. This is after I go out several times a day bringing iced tea and cookies and telling them that they can use my bathroom anytime. I was VERY angry.
I think I would have asked him how he'd like it if I peed in HIS snack next time!
default_new_shocked.gif
:DOH! Jeesh. Some people think anything baled must be straw.

I was shocked the first time a 4-H friend's mom mentioned peeing in her stock trailer. I thought it was gross then and I've got to admit I still do now. We invented self-cleaning toilets for a reason. Sanitation, anyone?
default_xkngt.gif
Bleah.

Leia

Edited to try and fix the quotes

Last edited by a moderator:
I remembered peeing in my old trainer's barn and trailer better but thinking now, I have peed in my barns and run ins here MANY times when I've been too lazy to come all the way back inside. I can only imagine how much more outdoor peeing I'd do if I didn't have to pull down my britches and squat
default_biggrin.png

What a hilarious thread! I don't think I've met a horse person yet who hasn't used the barn or a trailer as a place to pee in an emergency. We don't make a habit of it but when you gotta go you gotta go.
default_rolleyes.gif

I'd prefer to do it outside when I'm covered in mud horse poo and shavings than to go in and track that all over someone's bathroom although there are plently of places that yes the barn is definately cleaner than the house. I that case I'd still chance being caught with my drawers down in a stall than use a filthy human toilet. All I can say is I can't believe how some people live.
default_wacko.png

Nope my barn is people pee proof. They have to take "it" outside.

I have cameras hooked to a video recorder in every stall.

However I should post a warning "SMILE YOUR ON CANDID CAMERA".

I believe if that ever happened they would get a very "personal" video for Christmas.

lol one word of advice from hard lesson learned! lol be careful about peeing in a trailer with a flakey horse! lol i had to pee at a show and my friend was like "go into diana's stall and pee " ..now diana is in there..and clearly not thinking straight she's a bit flakey/flinchy/spooky..well i get my pants down and am squatting..i can't remember what happend but she started to flake out..LOL almost knocked me over in mid stream! It's not like you can just stand up and stop peeing once you start! lol i'm sitting there yelling "whoa... stand... whoa..easy" lol

OK I have a solution for all you folks that don't want people using your stalls for a potty........
default_no.gif
...... For about $20 + you can buy a portable toilet at Wal Mart.. It is round & has a seat that lifts up to remove the bucket when necessary... All you have to do is put a trash bag in the bucket & put a bit of your stall bedding in the trash bag. When it needs changing, lift the seat, take out the trash bag & toss it in the garbage.
default_yes.gif
This is what I keep in our horse trailer even now that we have a potty in our new trailer. Sometimes it is not worth the trouble setting up the potty for a brief period of time.. You can also put it in your show tack stall when you are far away from a potty or the show only has those smelly portable out houses.

Back