Somthing my farrier said

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoey829

Reaction score
Ok I really like my farrier, a lot. But I have to share this. I was getting the next horse to be trimmed. The farrier hollered, I have to go to the bathroom, I am going to use one of your stalls. She wsa serious, too. I was like
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
oh no, no please come inside. Please tell me I am not alone on this one

What's the big deal?
default_smile.png
I guess she could have asked first instead of making an announcement...
default_wink.png

No, you aren't alone LOL. Very common I think.....although most of my farriers have been men and well, it's a little easier for them.
default_biggrin.png

We put a potty in our new barn, greatest thing in the world (next to having hot water there).

Jan

Added - actually who hasn't done the same....sometimes it's just more convenient!

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the big deal?
default_smile.png
I guess she could have asked first instead of making an announcement...
default_wink.png
LOL work in enough barns or make enough road trips and you will get more used to stalls and trailers being used that way.

Of course that IS THE ONLY TIME I REPEAT THE ONLY MOMENT IN TIME that I think being a man might not be so bad.. of course once I am done ummm going pee pee... I am sure once again without a shadow of a doubt that being a woman IS MUCH BETTER!
default_yes.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Yep that is the one time when being a "dude" sure would be easier
default_rolleyes.gif
yep I too have used stalls, trailers....hey when ya gotta go
default_wink.png

I live with 1 man and 2 manchilds and they have it easy when working out of doors any tree will do :DOH!

I have no problem going when you have to go. But when thier is a house right thier, wouldn that more comfortable?? Besides maybe the person doesnt want to clean up your uhhmm urine. I have enough to do
default_wink.png

LOL Just clean it up with the rest of the ****. Some people do not feel comfortable going into someone's home if it's not absolutely necessary.

This reminds me of the neighbors new roof incident. When the roof was finished the owner went up to check it out & what did he see
default_nono.gif
default_no.gif
a pile of poop on the roof!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Caught my farrier a few times zipping up his jeans
default_biggrin.png
, and hey...when you got to go...YOU GOT TO GO, any stall or trailer will work just fine, at least you have some privacy there. Guys just have it way to easy..they can stand alongside there tires and pretend they are checking them, on any side road, no one would no any differant..other then a wet spot.
default_biggrin.png
Corinne

As long as it's not #2, anyone can #1 in any of my stalls. They're mucked out twice/day, so I don't care
default_wink.png

As long as it's not #2, anyone can #1 in any of my stalls.
yep, I think myself and all of my friends use to use my stalls to pee more than they used my bathroom in my house! Heck, why walk all the way to the house!

#2 would not be good though!

Yep, I've used a stall before when absolutely needed. I gotta say, it's a lot better then options when you are out boating. . .

As long as the stall or trailer is bedded..........no prob! (Been there, done that!)
default_yes.gif

MA

[quote Some people do not feel comfortable going into someone's home if it's not absolutely necessary.

That just struck me as funny--I'll p**s in your stall but I'd feel weird about going into your house!!
default_wacko.png

Yeah, my former trainer would have people do the same. Once she even told me to pee in the horse trailer
default_biggrin.png

lol been there, done that as long as it is only number 1

many do feel uncomfortable about going into other peoples houses because they are often a lot cleaner then the barn is ;) and a farrier might sprinkle dirt around if entering the neat house, I would feel bad if that happened to me.

and number 2, well you can hold on for QUITE some time if you have to ;)

I have to tell you, Zoey, I am with you on this. The house is right there, let her use it. I have enough pee to clean up beside a human peeing in my barn. AND usually by the time my blacksmith gets there I have just cleaned the stalls so they are fresh.

PLUS I would rather clean up horse pee than HUMAN PEE, human body fluids contain stuff that I CAN CATCH! That is a FACT! Why do you think they make us nurses wear gloves handling human body fluids?? Because of Hepatitis, AIDS and all sorts of sick stuff! SCAREY!!!

One time I found a construction guy that was building my barn, peeing on my hay in the hay barn. This is after I go out several times a day bringing iced tea and cookies and telling them that they can use my bathroom anytime. I was VERY angry.

Nope, This is not a camp ground or the wild woods, use my bathroom!

Robin

Other than a strong "EWWWWHHH!" about Cathy H's story(now,the guy who did THAT was GROSS!!), AND about RobinRTrueJoy's(peeing on your HAY? UGH! One big reason I won't have any male DOGS is that I don't want them peeing on everything in sight, LIKE MY HORSES' HAY!!-so I SURE wouldn't want some person peeing on it, either!!)--I have to say that otherwise, the idea doesn't bother me(as others have said, no. 1, NOT no 2!)

Would I want some stranger 'going' in my barn? No, but I am getting older(and those of you who aren't there yet, you will be, and you will know what I mean....), and it is a long walk to my barn back to my house...my stalls have a good sized shavings spot(over dirt, not over the mats), and I have made use of that many times, actually, in the past 27+ years--as has the occasional female friend, while here to go driving-though of course they are PERFECTLY welcome to come to the house to the 'official' bathroom!

I actually imagine the farrier was trying to be thoughtful; farriery is not clean work, and she might have been trying to avoid the possibility of dirtying up your house and bathroom....

Margo

Latest posts

Back