small dogs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,.....I think you guys would do great with a POM!!!
default_yes.gif
:

This is my little girl BOO!
default_wub.png
:

She is a VERY big dog in a little dogs body,...all 4 pounds of her,.....

Most defintly NOT a foo-foo dog!

She is the boss in our household!
default_wacko.png
:
default_smile.png

She doesent shed a whole lot either,.....except for when you groom her,.....I have NEVER noticed hair on our furniture by her,...now ,..the cats on the other hand!! LOL
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Here is my little baby,..and they get the cutest expressions on their faces,......the smallest,..*guarddog* in the world!
default_yes.gif
:

colorfulboo.jpg

here's me with my two "little" dogs....

2bigdogsandkweb.jpg

Akin is the white, and Stuart the lemon pinto - both Anatolians.

Really, we have Fizzy (7 lb Pommie) and Bean (4 lb Pommie) in the house!

XmasMorning2005web.jpg

Terriers rule - the rest drool.... :bgrin

Left is Fig - a Smooth Fox Terrier..... and right is Tug, a Border Terrier...

BBLLN-IMGP0039.JPG

Fig enjoying Flyball....

RFXIZ-IMGP0158.JPG

Tug lounging around...

HBMLK-IMGP0028.JPG

These are my babies! Koney is the black dog and he weighs abot 20-25 lbs. He's a(terrier mix) mutt! And just the best dog ever! I'd take 4 more just like him!
default_wub.png
: The next two pics are Buddy. My hubby found him in the middle of the road last summer and no one claimed him after many ads so he became ours. I'm not sure what he is but he also weighs about 25 lbs. I really like this size dog! You can take them any where!

DSC00944-1.jpg

DSC01000-1.jpg

DSC00740-1.jpg

DSC00937-1.jpg

I just wanted to add, the big girl in the last pic is Lucy my Airedale. She's super sweet but has a very intimadating bark! She needs a hair do really bad! LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Samantha! She was at a mini horse sale and the people that had her were taking her to the dog pound. I took one look at Sammy and said, I will take her (like we REALLY needed another dog.)

She joins 3 German Shepherds and a sheltie!

She has stolen my heart and I wouldn't trade her for the world!!

Samantha.jpg

We have several smaller dogs.. we raise miniature schnauzers and have recently started with papillons as well and just love them!!

Here is Annie our female schnauzer she is 15lbs roughly

img_0083.jpg

This is Angus our male schnauzer he is probably close to 10lbs

IMG_0085.jpg

This is Chloe my female papillon she won't get but 8lbs maybe

IMG_0118.jpg

This is Gracie my daughters female papillon she may get to be 10lbs

IMG_0117.jpg

We also have a beagle mix that we have had since she was about 6 mths old, found her on the side of the road and she is a doll.. can't find my pic of her though

I have a new Cairn puppy. Smart as can be, great with children, no shedding, very little grooming and very hearty little dogs.

Pictured at 10 weeks and 13 weeks (and talking back to me already!)
I love your Cairns Carol! Cairns are my all time favorite dogs and I've had many different breeds of small dogs but I think Cairns are my favorite. Very smart, clean and no problems with potty training like some little breed dogs. Plus they are big dogs in little bodies and much more mellow than other terriers. I adore Cairns!

Here's my brindle boy Dillon clipped, cool stripes huh?
stripes.jpg

and Chloe and Dillon in full coats and couch potato mode
HPIM0407.jpg

I love your Cairns Carol! Cairns are my all time favorite dogs and I've had many different breeds of small dogs but I think Cairns are my favorite. Very smart, clean and no problems with potty training like some little breed dogs. Plus they are big dogs in little bodies and much more mellow than other terriers. I adore Cairns!
I agree Shirley. I too have had MANY small breeds thru the years and Cairns are the best and the most trouble free.

Your dogs are precious. I just lost my 12 year old brindle last month. Although losing any dog tears me apart, this little dog and her mother were/are so special.........her mother is the little wheaten I posted a picture of. I am about to lose her too. :no: She is 14 and this dog and the one we lost last month are the most incredible little dogs I have ever owned.

Carol

Here is our pom. Muffin. She is two years old and has a great personality. I am a big dog person so she i snot my choice, but my daughter just adores her and Muffin is completely her dog. Seh is beautiful, I just like a dog that dosn't seem so fragiel, she isn't mind you, but she seems like she is.

MuffinFeb2005.jpg

I really like all the breeds mentioned, and really wanted a Pom, but got a Chi....Well really...

I also Had a small dog, but my dad Stole Him! The meanie!! Boogie was meant to be my horse show dog, as my large dog Cannot travel without becoming a chewing/hotspot freak, he's very anxious. So I bought Boogie from fellow mini horse person Gale Ray, and Just Loved him. I came back home from horse showing and went over to my fathers who promptly poopooed the "rat" and said what a mistake he was... Well the little fink just took right too my dad, as they ended up spending alot of time together when I had to go off on business, and now he's my pop's dog. He's lowered his blood pressue, and all over, just made him a happy human, it was meant to be. He's a very good boy, though he was a pain to housebreak, but s super smart and loving. He plays fetch, does lots of tricks, and is just an all over love bug... Plus he's really good about getting dressed up...
default_smile.png
Boogie005.jpg
a pic from when he was just a puppy....
IMG_1683.jpg

and a more recent one of him in his Santa suit with me for one of our Holiday parties. Very Very big dog in a very small package!

We have miniature Dachshunds and absolutely love them. I don't have any pictures I can post, but you can see their pictures at Our Family if you'd like. They are very loveable and are also real characters.

Thanks everyone for the pics - so hard to decide as they all seem to have qualities I like. When we are ready, I think I will first go to the pound and see if I can find something there that needs a home. I want it to be a little older anyhow since I work and can't have a 8wk old puppy home all day by himself. If I can't find anything there that will suit us, I'm most leaning towards the Cairn terrier or a mixture.

Thanks for all the pics! :bgrin

Very cute dogs everyone, here is one of mine

cutedogs.jpg

[L to R] Maddie and CC

Maddie is about 17lbs. and I am not sure about CC, we had to sell him. They were(sp?) just puppys in the photo, Maddie will be 3 in July.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is Tooter. We just got her from a rescue sanctuary in November. She is 2 years old and weighs 8 or 9 pounds. We know she is half Chihuahua, and we are pretty darn sure her other half is Wire Haired Jack Russell. She has both the personalities and we couldn't ask for more, she is wonderful!!!

29150tootjan.jpg

29150tooter.jpg

Thanks everyone for the pics - so hard to decide as they all seem to have qualities I like. When we are ready, I think I will first go to the pound and see if I can find something there that needs a home. I want it to be a little older anyhow since I work and can't have a 8wk old puppy home all day by himself. If I can't find anything there that will suit us, I'm most leaning towards the Cairn terrier or a mixture.

Thanks for all the pics! :bgrin
Sonya, Here is a link that might interest you. http://www.cairnrescue.com/ I think there are a few other rescues on the net too but they might be able to find you just the right dog. Many are young adults and they potty train and do basic obedience before they release them from foster care to new homes. They even have Cairn mixes from time to time. Hope you find your perfect doggy. Shirley

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back