Sick mini foal!! UPDATED WITH PICS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow that looks bad!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
I sure hope she recovers 100%. Never dealt with rattlesnake bites.

Oh that poor baby, hope she is still inproving.

I'm so glad we don't get rattle snakes here in the UK... i'm bad enough when i see an adder.... and only ever seem one of them once! lol

default_new_shocked.gif
Ow! Poor little girl!
default_sad.png

I am glad she is feeling better and improving though. Many wishes for a fast and complete recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see that she is improving.
default_smile.png
It will take awhile for all the swelling to go down and her face will be normal again. She is an adorable little gal!
default_smile.png

Snake bites scare the tar out of me. I don't ever want to see one of mine again with one. They always look so bad. So far this year we haven't seen one rattler. Knock on wood!
default_smile.png

Again I am so glad that she is doing good. Give her a hug for me.

Joyce

Sorry, I don't have any new pics here with me, but she looks soooo much better already!

The swelling over her nose has gone down drastically! Her bottom lip and under her jawline is still a little swollen, but at least now she is able to eat normally!

I am glad things went well for you little filly.
default_aktion033.gif
Ive heard that horses can survive rattlesnake bites, and it looks as if yours is living proof.

I just wanted to share that a filly I sold last year was bit a few months ago on the nose in her stall by very large rattle snake.

The vet gave her the anti-venom shot for it and she died shortly after it..

Ive heard that the anti-venom can be as dangerous as the bite itself for the little ones, and in our case I think it was.

Latest posts

Back