Showing a "A" mini in a "B" class???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't clip the mane!!!! You can still tell what is mane and what is body hair, just feel the fresh bridle path vs bodyclipped parts.

You won't fool anybody.
When we accidently buzzed Maddie back, we were told, by the steward, that he had to measure her at the last hair, which happened to be higher up since we had cut off about an inch. He did not measure her at the end of the roached mane, but at the last hair.

From AMHR Rulebook:

B. Miniature Horse

1. In measuring a miniature horse, position as above

the head is to be in a normal position. Measure

the vertical distance from the base of the last hair

on the mane to the measuring surface. The crosspiece,

arm or bar must have firm contact with the

animal but no additional pressure may be applied.

Measurements are to be recorded to the nearest

1⁄4”, unless over the required measurement for that

division.

I am speaking from my AMHA BOD experience, many discussions on this, but now that I think about it, it was more about the "fake" last hairs that are really body hair. Some people get pretty artistic.

I disagree Sf. I have done this on accident a few times and the measure where the hair was. Even when I had extra body hair there the would measure at the end of it. I would always leave extra as to not ruin the mane, however when my true B mare started measuring to small o had to change that

So when do your change the papers?

When I registered my gelding for his permanent papers I measured him while holding him (trying to do both jobs at once) and I measured him at 35" and slapped that on his papers. I did my measurement on the concrete floor of my barn which is level, his feet however may have been due for trimming, I don't know what the timing was on farrier visit vs measuring.

I took him to a show and he measured 33 3/4, 34, 33 3/4. This made him an under and I went and changed all his classes accordingly; but his papers say over.

I planned on waiting until the first show of the year this year and measuring him again before I made any registration paper changes. Also I received permanent measurement cards on my other two horses but not this one, I assume that is because of the conflict between papers and stewards measurements. I really don't care which division he shows in over or under I just want it to be correct. Anyone have any insight into this?

Secondly what does a permanent measurement card acutally do for you? You have to remeasure every year anyway correct.

Latest posts

Back