Show results : Share yours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocklone Miniature Horses

past member -I gotta get a life...
Reaction score
This year has been amazing for me and i had my last show today. I'm so blessed to have been allowed these beautiful horses to show.

5x Champions

1x reserve champion

10x firsts

467.jpg

472.jpg

506.jpg

So happy to have been given the opportunity to show these amazing horses. I hope some day one i bring on myself gets such good results.

Wow! Getting asked to brag! LOL!!!
default_firstprize.gif

We only showed about 3 times this year and basically just 3 horses. My husband's boy "Jag" had a nice year. Doing very well in driving in particular. His best win was probably his first at the County Fair in Open Mini Pleasure driving (all "types"-he's a country pleasure horse) where there were 37 entries (3 splits to work the class). And his 3rd at the Area show in Versatility-his first time showing in that. And our grandniece showing him at the Area show (her first sanctioned show) to a first in Jumper-0ver, 3rd in Hunter-0ver, etc. etc.

And our other gray, "Tux"s win at the County Fair being Gr. CH. Halter gelding for minis.

And my Mom's (she's 85) win at the County Fair in the 50 and over class.
default_488.gif

Drat! It kept saying my file photos were too big to upload! (their off our phones????).

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your placings!

We have had a pretty good year here too although havent been able to make it to near as many shows as normal.

My boy Maple Hollows Magics Hocus Pocus has done very well this year with several firsts and seconds, Jr champions and reserves, and Res Grands. He had a bit of a rough summer so not looking quite as good as I normally like to see him but he had an infected tooth that had to be extracted and lost a lot of condition so I am pretty thrilled with how he is doing considering!

Maple Hollows Montes Black Gold was pulled from pasture at last minute to go to a couple shows and I was beyond thrilled with her results never placing lower than second and was Unanimous Jr Champion and Unanimous Grand Champion at her second show!

Nationals is our next stop so hopefully will have more to report later :D Hocus is the pally pictured and Gold is the black one

11800380_897069370363806_6594658517239631653_n.jpg

11836888_897069353697141_5637306677524496093_n.jpg

Wow! Getting asked to brag! LOL!!!
default_firstprize.gif

We only showed about 3 times this year and basically just 3 horses. My husband's boy "Jag" had a nice year. Doing very well in driving in particular. His best win was probably his first at the County Fair in Open Mini Pleasure driving (all "types"-he's a country pleasure horse) where there were 37 entries (3 splits to work the class). And his 3rd at the Area show in Versatility-his first time showing in that. And our grandniece showing him at the Area show (her first sanctioned show) to a first in Jumper-0ver, 3rd in Hunter-0ver, etc. etc.

And our other gray, "Tux"s win at the County Fair being Gr. CH. Halter gelding for minis.

And my Mom's (she's 85) win at the County Fair in the 50 and over class.
default_488.gif

Drat! It kept saying my file photos were too big to upload! (their off our phones????).
Wow well done!! 37 entires is unbelievable haha

I use photobucket to upload pics.

Congrats on your placings!

We have had a pretty good year here too although havent been able to make it to near as many shows as normal.

My boy Maple Hollows Magics Hocus Pocus has done very well this year with several firsts and seconds, Jr champions and reserves, and Res Grands. He had a bit of a rough summer so not looking quite as good as I normally like to see him but he had an infected tooth that had to be extracted and lost a lot of condition so I am pretty thrilled with how he is doing considering!

Maple Hollows Montes Black Gold was pulled from pasture at last minute to go to a couple shows and I was beyond thrilled with her results never placing lower than second and was Unanimous Jr Champion and Unanimous Grand Champion at her second show!

Nationals is our next stop so hopefully will have more to report later :D Hocus is the pally pictured and Gold is the black one
Wow they are stunning! I wish I could get mine that slim lol. Next year! Well done
default_smile.png

Please feel free to share your open and unrated show results as well.

I think many people forget that local shows are where many Big Name Trainers started, all those years ago before they were big name trainers. In my heart of hearts, I know that this is where our industry needs to focus, acknowledge and celebrate wins. It takes just as much work to condition and present your horse at a small open show as it does to prepare for a rated show. If folks start there, get bit by the competitive bug there, strive to do better there, and we celebrate their successes with them, then they'll be motivated to move up to rated shows and our industry as a whole can survive...perhaps even thrive.

So share those ribbons, pictures and stories so that we can all celebrate with you!!

Julie in NC

Our show season in Australia is only just starting. I have only been showing one horse, a homebred filly by the name of Cherry Wood Love letters aka Hermione.

So far she has from 6 shows:

2X champion filly/Mare
3X Res. Champion filly/mare
3X best colours
and I have 1 Champion Handler.

11891040_10152879681391534_3641254166519118913_n.jpg

11846649_10152879665066534_2904131199191535002_n.jpg

Please feel free to share your open and unrated show results as well.

I think many people forget that local shows are where many Big Name Trainers started, all those years ago before they were big name trainers. In my heart of hearts, I know that this is where our industry needs to focus, acknowledge and celebrate wins. It takes just as much work to condition and present your horse at a small open show as it does to prepare for a rated show. If folks start there, get bit by the competitive bug there, strive to do better there, and we celebrate their successes with them, then they'll be motivated to move up to rated shows and our industry as a whole can survive...perhaps even thrive.

So share those ribbons, pictures and stories so that we can all celebrate with you!!

Julie in NC
Yes I quite agree! I've just had a bit of a rant about minis never getting any recognition in anything. They are everywhere but not actually that popular so anything that gets new people showing is great. I've had two or three new people out this year that I have been really encouraging to show (but as everyone knows you rarely win at the start) it's great seeing new faces.

Next year I'll be offering my gelding to show as I show my stallion.

I did a lot of shows this year so I cant tell you how many 1st etc I got with my two boys. But the horses big accomplishments are: my gelding place Reserve Champion Amateur Gelding (halter) twice at two different AMHA shows and placed in the top 2 every time with the youth that showed him in halter. Pleasure driving classes at unrated shows he placed 2nd, 4th, 2nd, 3rd.

My stallion didn't do any rated classes to be able to get into any of the bigger ones, but he did debut in the stock class and placed in the top 2 every time and first time in his driving classes rated he placed every time 4th or 5th and at in the pleasure driving classes at unrated shows he placed, 1st, 1st, 3rd.

We had lots of fun this year at shows in Canada and the US. Took 2, 2 year old mares and showed in halter. Our best win was a Supreme and our worse was okay too as we had a lots of fun and no show based drama at all.

Good times and cannot wait for next year. It will give me something to dream about all winter. And Canada winters can be long. lol

Back