Show question...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deaming of Minis

Reaction score
I am going to a show and competing in halter. My question is should I tuck my gelding’s forelock under his halter to the side or leave it in the middle? (His forelock is not thin nor extremely thick.) I have seen both but does putting it to the side tucked have a more appealing look? Appreciate some opinion.

Thanks

A horse with an extremely attractive head should have the forelock pulled to the side (the mane side) and tucked in the halter to show off the head. Otherwise, can be left down the middle of the face. I heard one person say mares got their forelocks tucked and stallions didn't!

I don't like fussing with it and slicking it down every time my horses shake their heads, so I always tuck!

Andrea

um it depends on your horses face. my mare has a western show halter , i put hers infront. it would prob help if u put a picture up, i think u would get a better reply

here are some shots

100_1940.jpg

100_1936.jpg

100_1932.jpg

sorry for the red eye

Just a couple suggestions. Do you have a different halter for him? The reason Im sking is , he has a cute little head that seems overwhelmed by that halter. the nose band portion is a bit too wide from side to side and those straps under his chin make his head look thicker. the cheek pieces should ideally com from just behind the tear bone below his eyes , if that makes any sense..... he has a nice little dish so I would say to the side is best and I would still gel it so it lays flatter. Same with his mane since his neck is already a little thick you dont want too fluffy a mane. He is a cute little gelding.

Lyn

Latest posts

Back