Show off your SO!! We did show and tell with ourselves

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
philtony2.JPG

Only picture I have on a website that I can post... this is my dear boyfriend Phil. He's not near as crazy about horses as I am but he knows his way around a horse and can be either bribed into the show ring or tempted by the lure of competition on occasion. Mostly he just shows up to show me his support, and will warm the horses up for me (like in this picture will my OTHER man, Tony...)

I think it's important to have an understanding S.O. My last one finally had an ultimatum... HIM or the HORSES, because he wanted to spend more time with me and didn't really like horses or being outside much. Obviously I chose the horses
default_smile.png

Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww see this is Neat to see everyone's guys! I agree Jill, all of us are pretty darn lucky!!

Jimmy's getting into the horses, he loves being around them, and is getting to be a decent rider. I'm looking at getting him a western for christmas as he wants to show, but won't wear the "girl pants!"
default_rolleyes.gif
: Just for that I'm finding the most glitzed up silver set I can! HA! :bgrin He likes my big comfy dressage saddle, but all the western saddles I have here are girls small barrel saddles.

(Can't really imangin him in tailored sportsmens anyways, heck I even hate 'em!)

Here is my squeeze, Darrin. He's great with the animals and even better to me. I'm a lucky girl. Oh, and he can grow a mean punkin too. Here's one of us from our Christmas card last year (gotta love a man in a Stetson), and one of him and the other old creaky woman in his life.

100_0647.jpg

100_0882.jpg

Right now, he's in the living room wrapping the chain saw he got for my dad for Christmas. What a guy.
default_wub.png
: I really do need to get him in an Elvis outfit though. :bgrin

Men who marry/put up with horse women all have one thing in common, from what I can see in all of these pics. They just look like all around nice guys. I think we're all pretty lucky.

Here is a pic taken in September of me and my partner, Tracy (she's the "blonde"). We will be celebrating 1 year together on Monday!
default_wub.png
:

34887887Ffp67ot232695537XROQDF23235.jpg

This is my husband and best friend, Brent. He loves horses and is one of the best trainers I know. His gentle way of breaking a horse is so sexy to me!

This is us on our wedding day...

Wedding005.jpg

And here he is riding with our son, Hall. This was a proud moment for both of them because it was Hall's first time out where he actually had control of his own horse (after many many hours of training...lol) Brent is on my Appaloosa, Rebel.

Pets402.jpg

He is such a great husband and a wonderful father too! Thanks for letting me share! Shannon

Here's a pic of my guy, Rusty, and me last spring in the bluebonnets. He wasn't really into the horses at first, but in the last year has really jumped in. He has his own mare that he bought, he helps more with the training and grooming (even clipping!!), and has even been showing a little bit more.

He puts up with a lot of BS from me and has to carry a pretty heavy load around the farm when I'm gone (which is a lot right now). I'm pretty lucky to have him!

rustyandcarin.jpg

Wow, ok everyone looks great, here is my sugar daddy of 14 years. His name is Bill, he is mans man!! The only part he has to do with the horses is paying for them and fixing stuff for them! Hey im taking it. Here he is a few of the pics, some have my son Jacob in them also. Heck he even looks good in hunter orange.

Bill008-1.jpg

Bill011.jpg

This is him and I at a Christmas party last year.

christmas05006.jpg

and one more!

Bill003.jpg

Jennifer, you forgot to mention that you are also MARRIED to your hot-looking "Sugar Daddy", lol!!
default_smile.png

I only have one pic of my sweet Superman, (on the web) and it of course has a horse in it.
default_wink.png
:

This is my husband Ray and I. We have two grown daughters, a grandson, and a granddaughter due in April.
a_loriray_f.jpg
I LOVE this man!
default_wub.png
:

Here's my boyfriend of six months, Jeremy. We met at work and had the biggets crush on each other but never talked to each other. My oh so wise friend invited him to my 21st bday party and well lets just say we hit it off. We started dating a week after my birthday. He's my best friend.
default_wub.png
:

Here we are all dressed up

DSC02014.jpg

He loves all of my animals but his "son" Simba is his favorite

DSC02077.jpg

He even spends all weekend with me out at the farm. Here is him and his buddy Gold Bar

DSC01995.jpg

And here he is sweet talking my mare Star. He's always kissing them and telling them how beautiful they are.

jstar.jpg

We had a wedding at my house not to long ago, and I got Jimmy to get into his uniform, (though it was a tight fit I might add!) and thought I would share.
default_smile.png

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

I felt a little fat but hopefully you can't tell!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

We also did the whole double turkey day between the familes, but while we were up at my uncle's place for my family's, he got to drive my uncle's Huge bulldozer thing. He's got about 200 acres up in deland that he just plays with. Jimmy said it was all his 8 year old dreams come true!
default_wub.png
:
IMG_1249.jpg

Come on ppl, show of your SO!
dang girl you are a total HOT CHICK...............................and your SO isn't bad either
default_wink.png
:

I wont post myself or mine as that would just be cruelty :new_shocked: :bgrin :bgrin
default_wink.png
:

I have just realized my Husband is camera shy!!!! I have no recent pics of him, but did find a few older ones.

His hair is now to the middle of his back when braided - no more mullet!!!

This was on our wedding day in '99. We had both been previously married and had a small wedding this time around.

wedding.jpg

(Yes, when I was a single mom I had pink walls, carpet and pink rose drapes - he politely asked if we could change it.)

I hate this pic of me, but my excuse is jet lag (17 hours in a plane and no smoking). This is the day after we arrived in Manila at an open air restaurant which is out in Manila Bay.

manila.jpg

This man is my life!! From the second I met him I knew this is where I am meant to be. Even though I was adamant I would not date a younger guy (he is) and would never marry anyone with children because I have three daughters (he has three daughters also) YIKES :new_shocked:

211880413.jpg

THIS IS MY HUBBY ONE OF THE FEW TIMES I COULD GET HIM ON A HORSE
default_smile.png

211880420.jpg

THIS IS HIM IN AFRICA A COUPLE YEARS AGO :bgrin

I DIDN'T REALIZE I NEVER TAKE PICTURES OF HIM :no: I WILL NOW HAVE TO START!
default_smile.png
NIKKI

Here's pic's of my hubby Paul. He does not like his picture taken, so these are from a while ago.. He helps me with my two when I need him..

work xmas party 1990? something 98 or 99

xmasparty.png

Family Pic in 2000. Me, Hubby, our son and our dog, Shania..

Project7.png

Xmas last year..

Projectourxmas2006.png

And finally this past summer with the kids and mini's...

ProjectFaithridding.png

He's my hubby of 15 yrs...
default_wub.png
:

Here's a picture of my husband, Dan and me taken in December, 2002 at the Braden River Fire Department Christmas Party while we still lived in Florida.

TamandDan2.jpg

Here's a more recent picture of Dan getting a kiss from our new stallion, Alliance Star Wars:
BullDanKiss.jpg

Dan and three of our babies consoling him after he sprained his wrist on duty at a house fire:

DanBabies.jpg

HERE IS A PIC OF MY HUSBAND LINDSEY ON OUR 31 YR. OLD BELGIAN LEWI!! MY HUSBAND LIKES THE BELGIANS AND I LIKE THE MINIS. THIS POOR OLD GUY WAS FROM A FARM IN NEW HOLLAND AND HAS BEEN WORKED VERY HARD AS YOU CAN TELL HE HAS THE SCARS TO PROOVE IT. HE IS A VERY GOOD HUSBAND HORSE! :bgrin

94464944311_0_ALB.jpg

my husband only does the horse thing because he married into it but boy, did he get into it. he built his own saddle (first pic) a McClellan reproduction with an original horn he got on e-bay and he also built a pack saddle. the saddle he is sitting on is one that he won in a raffle but the one they were raffling didn't fit him or his horse so he traded it back in and got one custom-made that he got to pick all the stuff for and watch it being built. boy did i learn a lot about saddles during that time LOL. he and i are also building our own living quarters into our stock trailer, turning out pretty cool if i do say so myself. i get ideas in my head and he makes them real...he even made me little horses out of horseshoes, helped me fiddle and fiddle with the design until we got them looking good. i can seriously say there is NOTHING this man can't do if i ask him to!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

well, except feed - he is DEATHLY allergic to hay!

drilling.jpg

Randysaddle1.jpg

of course my OTHER significant other is my avatar LOL

Here is my husband of 18 years and he is not a horsey person at all. He does build all my stalls, unloads feed and unloads all the hay for me. He supports my mini habit. LOL

He coaches my son's basketball team here he is on the left with the baseball cap.

words.jpg

Here he is with the kids practicing layups. My son is the first one.

alexshoots1.jpg

Carlene

I'll jump in here! My SO isn't at all into the horses, but he "lets" me have them :bgrin I have 11 horses so I guess you could say he is supportive of the whole thing! When I'm gone he does all my chores and tries to convince me that my horses love him more
default_rolleyes.gif
:

The very BEST thing about my husband is that he is the World's Best Dad. He is so awesome with our two boys. Sometimes I wonder if I have two kids or three!! The only person to have broken a light fixture in our house was my husband, playing swords, by himself as the boys and I were gone for the weekend!! I swear! He said he was keeping in practice, but I'm not sure about that! :lol:

He is my hay stacker and grain hauler and helps me build all my crazy little shelters that I insist the minis need. And this last summer he worked his tail off and built us a new house!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

My SO Craig... this is when they were putting the trusses up for the roof of our house. I snapped this picture and it's one of my favorite of him...

handsomehusband.jpg

Here he is with my other SO's... my two boys Ben and Logan. It was Ben's 6th birthday.

bensbirthday.jpg

And he would absolutely KILL me if he knew I posted this one!! :new_shocked: But it's such a great one and really captures his playful side!! He smashed himself into one of our boys shirts and then was showing off his muscles... My SO is 6 feet tall and about 180 so it was no small feat! The worst part was taking it off :lol:

100_0387.jpg

Back