Show horse choice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad for mini's

Reaction score
I went to my very first show last summer, the local fair. We took first in multi-color and halter and then took Reserve. I had a great time and want to go to that show again this year and hit a few other shows as well this time. What I need opinions on is : Would you show up at that same show with the same horse again ? I'm not sure that I can put in the extra training and grooming on a second horse just for one show because I feel aukward showing up with the same horse that did so well the year before. I want to keep it simple and most of all, fun.

absolutely..... Most people show the same horse at every show or several years in a row..why not?

Most defently!!! I showed with you last year and remember you very much. You and your horse did very well and would love to see you again there this year with your horse and posibbly at a few more shows too. I am showing the same horses again at them shows also. Hope to see ya there!
default_laugh.png

MindyLee

I try to show all the horses I have here, for as many years as I have them! It is great fun and good experience for the horses.

Have a good time,

Andrea

I like the people to show the same horses, usually the same people at most of the shows, and we get to know and cheer the people on. If we do not get a first, but come in second behind certain breeders, I feel I have done very well.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone! I wasn't sure if it would be like wearing the same dress twice !
default_laugh.png
I am really looking forward to showing again and I'm thinking of adding obsticle and maybe jumping as well as halter this time. It looks like alot of fun. I'm just a little nervous about hitting those R shows, I'm not sure that I'm up to that kind of pressure just yet.

Mindy Lee : Good to hear from you
default_smile.png
Hope to see you at plenty of shows this year !

Thanks everyone! I wasn't sure if it would be like wearing the same dress twice !

Not like wearing the same dress twice, at all, lol!
default_smile.png
It sounds like you have a very nice horse, and that you did a great job showing it. Sure, add some more classes if you'd like to, and enjoy your expanding relationship with your show horse! Good luck!!
default_smile.png

Hay there, if you need any help with anything or anything, let me know as I love to help out if needed. I've had help from others in the past and would do the same for others. I'm new too at showing and love to get my stud Sentra started in jumping & possibly halter obstical also and I have several jumps made up for practice. You are always welcome to come on over and use them at my place. Im pretty sure you know how to get a hold of me besides here on the forums. I too will be hitting the AMHR local shows this year up in Midland and also maybe Ionia + 1 BWMHC show too. There is a little presure but when you get in the ring up against the pro's and folks with experiance and place well or even win...it's worth it. Just remind yourself "you are there to have fun, and that is all that matters." I've went twice and about cryed when I took a 1st in halter, and it made it all worth the little preasure and will do it again and again! Get a hold of me if need help. Otherwise see ya later!
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!! I also show the same horses each year.

I would encourage you to try at least one AMHR show, sounds like you have a great horse. Why not go for a AMHR show???

Latest posts

Back