She's arrived!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HorseMom

Reaction score
Unfortunately I had to go away for a week this month. My mare was 2 weeks over due. I hated having to do that, but I left her with some amazing people who have tons of experience foaling out horses. I just got a call about an hour ago saying that Slippers had foaled.

I now have a healthy bay filly. She already has a name. Malecs Be My Druidess (pending of course). Her barn name is Dru. No pictures yet.

Slippers was acting a tad colicky afterward so they had the vet come out. She seems to be doing ok now with some meds and has a normal heart rate, so they think she will be just fine, but are watching her until she passes some manure to make sure.

I'm so excited, but I can't get back until Sunday. It's going to be a long wait. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. They said that they would e-mail me some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your new filly - looking forward to the pics
default_wub.png

Glad to hear that your mare foaled ok - bet you cant wait to get home! Many congratulations!!

Anna

Congratulations on a safe delivery - I know you were nervous about your very first foaling. I'm sure it's going to be hard to wait to get home and see her for the first time.

Guess the weather is too warm now to need the Secret Santa foal blanket I sent huh? LOL But you can still use the foal halter for sure.

You'll enjoy the experience of raising your first baby - nothing better!

Anxious to see pictures - have a safe trip home to meet your new lil wee one!

aktion033.gif

It is going to be hard to wait. Only two more days and I can see my little girl. I believe that they did use the foal blanket you gave me last night, they said it was a little chilly out there.

I have talked to some other people who board at the same farm and they all think that she's actually going to be grey once she looses the bay baby fuzz. I am completely ok with that. I love greys. But we'll see what she looks like when I get home.

Still no pictures. It's too dark in the stall and I think they want to wait until I get back to let them have a run out side. Little Dru seems to be running circles around her momma. Hope Momma can wait just a couple more days to get out of the stall.

Pictures of Malecs Be My Druidess (Dru) at 5 days old. This little girl is fearless and very independent. And after seeing her, she will definitely be grey.

DSC01998.jpg

DSC02013.jpg

DSC02014.jpg

Congratulations on your lovely filly!!! Nothing at all wrong with gray... actually we think it is more interesting than staying the same color all the time.

Thanks guys. She really is such a doll, I love her already. So friendly and loving.

She scares her mother with her independence. The other day she decided to hide in the shed. Poor Slippers was freaking out because she couldn't find her little girl. After a couple minutes out pops Dru with a look on her face that just screamed "Here I am!" It was just too cute. I'm sure Slippers doesn't agree with me.

Well..............I am THRILLED I am so stunningly Beautiful! Look at MY long slender legs! And those lovely eyes! Don't you just want to pick ME up and give ME a squeeze?

I ADORE being Gray too! A lovely color, very elegant!

dru

Back