"Share the Wealth"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And McCain/Palin is the one abusing this Joe idiot guy..
I watched Samuel Joe Wurzelbacher the plumber on television this morning and he is far from an idiot - I would call him a responsible man.......... Joe said he has served in the military. He was raised to work for what the gets. His company is shut down but he WILL clean toilets if he has to as he believes in paying his own way and he will pay his bills... Joe also said he would have to work ten years to make $250,000........... He has no animosity toward either candidate but blames the negativity on the media.... Joe is emblamatic of the average American - he believes in a hand up - NOT a hand out! Joe calls Obama's plan welfare.

Regarding Colin Powell endorsing Obama

Powell did support the Iraq war...... Powell failed to mention that Obama has spent more than McCain on negative advertising - tens of millions more than McCain even. He also failed to point out that McCain has corrected some of the negative statements made about Obama..... He said Palin is not experienced - where is Obama's experience?

McCain has the support of over 200 retired generals and admirals.

At the end of the day it is not endorsements that choose the president but we the people.

Who is ready to lead from the very first day in the oval office?

One man is qualified and has led & one man has not

One man is experienced and one has written a couple of books and given some eloquent speeches

Who are you going to trust to keep our Country safe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please watch his interview, it was great...
Yes, mostly because he said what you want to hear!
default_laugh.png
If he had praised McCain and said he didn't care for Obama and his policies....I think you'd be considering him a little less smart.
default_wacko.png

I have always thought Powell a brilliant man. I was shocked that he decided to play the political game. I wasnt shocked that he bailed out the instant he could. But then I see officers in a differnt light than most people. I know that while they wear the uniform they CANNOT go against what the Comm in Chief states. Doesnt mean that they agree with or disagree with them, they just cannot state it in public and continue to wear the uniform. Enlisteds are a whole nother story, they can say what they want at anytime.

"Taxes are always a redistribution of money. Most of the taxes that are redistributed go back to those who pay it -- in roads and airports and hospitals and schools
But Nobama's redistribution of money, his share the wealth program, isn't being put into roads, airports,hospitals and schools. It's going into the pockets of people who didn't earn it. I think it's wrong.

Enlisteds are a whole nother story, they can say what they want at anytime.
I spit coffee all over my computer when I read that statement. After 25 years in uniform (as both enlisted and officer)I can assure you that (as written) that's hardly an accurate statement.

ETA I've always liked and respected Colin Powell. I thought he should have been our first african american president. I'm very disappointed in his support of Obama.

I just thought of a 'new' way to praise Nobama since 'Messiah' has gone by the wayside.

And the focus is on his "Share the Wealth" plan, he can now be the "New and Improved 'ROBINHOOD' ."

"Taxes are always a redistribution of money. Most of the taxes that are redistributed go back to those who pay it -- in roads and airports and hospitals and schools
But Nobama's redistribution of money, his share the wealth program, isn't being put into roads, airports,hospitals and schools. It's going into the pockets of people who didn't earn it. I think it's wrong.

I spit coffee all over my computer when I read that statement. After 25 years in uniform (as both enlisted and officer)I can assure you that (as written) that's hardly an accurate statement.

ETA I've always liked and respected Colin Powell. I thought he should have been our first african american president. I'm very disappointed in his support of Obama.

Yes, I am sorry, they can say most anything they want, most anytime. They can have time to complain about those in power.

What is Obamas share the wealth program exactly as you have read about it?

Pepipony???? Which branch of the military were you in?

Just wonderin.....

Sue

Pepipony???? Which branch of the military were you in?
Just wonderin.....

Sue
I wasnt. I had wanted to join the USAF but my father and his father forbade me to join any branch, ditto with sister who wanted to go Navy. Dad was in the USAF, WWII and Korea. His dad was Navy.

Yes, I am sorry, they can say most anything they want, most anytime. They can have time to complain about those in power.

What is Obamas share the wealth program exactly as you have read about it?
I was under the impression that the whole "share the the wealth" hoopla was brought about by a few second comment, made during his conversation with Joe The Plumber, that was blown ALL out of reasonable proportion. Of course I could be wrong, as I'm sure someone will come right along and point out
default_wink.png

I don't know if it was blown out of proportion or not. All I know is I don't like the concept. He has mentioned it several times since then.

But you know, when he does state 'share the wealth' he is speaking about the top 2% of earners sharing the wealth. He isnt talking about the middle class or those that earn under $250k. And that is where the problem lies, people are taking this out of context and repeating it, over and over. They arent getting the basic fact correct, I think this is done on purpose from those at the top. And he isnt talk about taking huge amounts, percentage wise. He is trying to get this nation back on track. You cannot have a huge deficit and not tax. And with the way the economy is, you cannot tax the middle/lower classes more. So what is left? Those companies that make large amounts and people earning over $250k.

That all said. McCain has been talking about what Obama will/wont do ( and getting facts wrong) so much, that I dont know what exactly his plan is. Is he even saying? I wish, truely wish, John was the same man he was 3 years ago. I do not like the way his party or his team has turned his campaign into do as I say, not as i do. He needs to come out and explain that yes, he is against pork barrel spending, but why Palin did so as Mayor and Gov. Even if he just said, ya know, she did this because that was how people did it, but WE understand now that it isnt the way to go. In her defense, yes she lowered the amount Alaska asked for, but $123 million is more than the $18 million McCain gripes about Obama wanting.

Appylover, please explain why you think Obama wants to put money into pockets of those who didnt earn it.

2% of earners sharing the wealth. He isnt talking about the middle class or those that earn under $250k.

No he isn't right now but lets face the cold truth.

He can't tax the poor because they have no money.

The rich will not tolerate any more taxes so they will hide their money.

Who does that leave to get his money from?

The middle class people - most of us here on this forum!

Appylover, please explain why you think Obama wants to put money into pockets of those who didnt earn it.
Pepi I'm not sure what there is to explain. I think "earn" is the operative word here.

TO EARN:

"1 a: to receive as return for effort and especially for work done or services rendered

b: to bring in by way of return <bonds earning 10 percent interest>

2 a: to come to be duly worthy of or entitled or suited to <she earned a promotion>

b: to make worthy of or obtain for <the suggestion earned him a promotion>

— earn·er noun"

I personally don't care if he's only talking about taking the money of people who have 10B$. It's not his to take just like it isn't his place to determine who should get it. That just gives government more power.

QUOTE Appylover, please explain why you think Obama wants to put money into pockets of those who didnt earn it.
I saw the explanation somewhere so will have to look for it again.

Under Obama's plan people who did not pay any taxes will be getting money back. They did not work for it but they will be getting a share of "we the working class people's check".

QUOTE Appylover, please explain why you think Obama wants to put money into pockets of those who didnt earn it.
I saw the explanation somewhere so will have to look for it again.

Under Obama's plan people who did not pay any taxes will be getting money back. They did not work for it but they will be getting a share of "we the working class people's check".
I'd love to see this laid out. If you work and get a paycheck, you pay taxes out of it in most circumstances...thus you are paying taxes. Now if your exemptions/tax credits are more than the taxes you paid, you get that money back. If you can afford charitable donations, you also can deduct those from any tax you will owe...so YOU can decide who gets "your" tax dollars. Are you suggesting that people who don't work at all (no unemployment benefits either) will get a refund? Huh?

But you know, when he does state 'share the wealth' he is speaking about the top 2% of earners sharing the wealth. He isnt talking about the middle class or those that earn under $250k.
WHY would this be okay in the US?

I bet only 2% of the population fits into a certain racial or religious groups. Is it also okay to treat these people disproportionately unfair, because they are only 2% of the population?

Did you ever read Animal Farm?
default_wacko.png

Under McCain's tax plan.. YOU (middleclass) will pay more then Obama's tax plan.. Look it up..
Obama does not plan to continue the Bush Tax Cuts. In the recent words of Rudy Giuliani:

When he [barack Obama] says that he's not going to continue the Bush Tax Cuts -- Let me translate that into plain English. He's going to raise taxes by more than any President has ever raised taxes in the past. That is precisely the mistake that was made in 1929 and 1930 that took a recession, a difficult one, and made it into The Great Depression.

Mary Lou I've said it before and I'll say it again and again if necessary. As far as I'm personally concerned the difference that I would "save" in taxes under Obama is not nearly as important to me as the sound future of our country. Some times people need to look further than the end of their nose.

Pepi I'm not sure what there is to explain. I think "earn" is the operative word here.

TO EARN:

"1 a: to receive as return for effort and especially for work done or services rendered

b: to bring in by way of return <bonds earning 10 percent interest>

2 a: to come to be duly worthy of or entitled or suited to <she earned a promotion>

b: to make worthy of or obtain for <the suggestion earned him a promotion>

— earn·er noun"

I personally don't care if he's only talking about taking the money of people who have 10B$. It's not his to take just like it isn't his place to determine who should get it. That just gives government more power.

Ya know what , I get it now, the question wont be answered, period. Even if I didnt ask it perfectly, you still know what I was asking. Not you necessarily but far too many times people state what their candidate stated, whether it was correct or not, and run from there as if it were gospel.

In real numbers, 60.7 million people who have no tax burden at all will receive refunds from Obama,
Where are those refunds coming from? We hard working people.

This means that Obama’s tax plan calls for giving money to some households that do not pay taxes,

The problem with Obama’s characterization that his proposals are tax cuts is that refundable credits are calculated as outlays, or direct spending, not as reductions in tax rates, according to the Center. This means that, in budgetary terms, some of Obama’s tax cuts are actually spending increases
http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/arti...px?RsrcID=37519

Latest posts

Back