SHAGGY MINI'S???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much hair l found depends a lot on how cold and how early some winters get this is a last year spring picture this year has not been as cold so only half the wool. This mare was fat and in foal it was a filly. :bgrin

gingergirl.jpg

This is Squirrel in her winter coat (a little dirty).

squirrel1.jpg

This is her filly, Maggie.

maggie1.jpg

Leslie

Here is a shaggy picture of DunIT and Bacardi. It's hard to believe that they clean up to be the grey-grullo pictured 2x in my avatar [SIZE=8pt](DunIT -- Ericas Gone and DunIT)[/SIZE] and the palomino w/ the purple neck sash [SIZE=8pt](Bacardi -- Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold)[/SIZE].

DunIT%20and%20Bacardi%20Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20221.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is our Grullo gelding, Curly Bob, aka SF Peppys Dun It Right. This was taken just last Saturday at Ashley Harris' place on the day we brought him home from 'school'.

BobDrive.jpg

This is an older picture of our mares having breakfast on a snowy day. Haven't had any snow this year, just MUD!
snowmares.jpg

I have really enjoyed looking at your photos of your fluffy mini's.

You all have such beautiful animals to love. I can't decide which one looks the cutest, they are all so beautiful....

I still think they are at their most beautiful with all that hair!

I hope we get some cold enough weather down the track so that my baby can get some of that gorgeous fluff.

My boy, Sparrow, is 8 months old now and looking mighty fluffy. Not even close to how fluffy his late big brother used to get but still pretty hairy. This is him a couple of weeks ago.

sparrowfront.jpg

and a slightly out of focus picture of his face that shows how fuzzy he is:

sparrowface.jpg

Here's Fever, all fuzzy and cute playing around in the indoor arena!

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

very new to horses (less than two years) - having a great time with this little mammoth guy

13 years old, just gelded summer 2013 - I've had him less than a year, and he came from a caring home ... he's as sweet as a big dog

we hit -29F last night here in Backus Minnesota USA - but luckily there wasn't much wind - we're maybe 1/3 through the cold part of winter, so I'm hoping he gets even shaggier before spring

he's still pretty pampered and has enough shelter choices for a small herd, but he still just stands out there in the snow most of the day
default_smile.png
it's kind of funny

broadway oyster bar.jpg

kyha and shaggy 2.jpg

koolaid man z.JPG

Maggie5Dec13small.jpg

MaggieSwBuckA2Marcha.jpg

MagsD25Nov2011.jpg

This is Maggie, a AMHA/AMHR registered Miniature mare. She is just a love and I taught her to do many things.

Love seeing everyone's mini's they are all beautiful.... even in Yak mode. LOL

another one from today - he's having a great time playing and plowing through the snow - he was up to his neck in snow once already and launched through it like a 200lb stuffed animal shot from a cannon ... wish I had a photo of that, it would been worthy of a statue

this is my first winter with him, so I don't know if he gets shaggier or not (I kind of hope he does, this look fits his personality much better)

af.JPG

manwhorse playing in the snow dec 2013.JPG

manwhorse playing in ditch snow.JPG

coffee machine winter drinking.JPG

biyb.JPG

Careful running your boy with the full sized horses!

VERY cute. My 2 yr. old is also like a big dog.. except orneryer (new word?) LOL

LOL For a minute I thought the girlfriend he was hanging out with was a brown bear....then realised it was hay...it is hay.. ..right? Still looks like brown bear to me.

Feel free to send some of the nice cold weather you are having over this way. This place is like a furnace at the moment.

I am new to mini's, & have NEVER seen this much hair on a horse, it made me a little nervous that something was wrong with Princess! I think all of the hair makes her look totally out of proportion, and a bit like a buffalo. I can't wait to see what color she sheds out to be (I got her when the hair was already getting thick)!

I absolutely LOVE all of the pictures of the Shaggy Mini's!

Princess Wooly.jpg

Princess Fluff.jpg

Princess Buffalo.jpg

Latest posts

Back