SHAGGY MINI'S???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
I'm completely taken by your shaggy, woolley mini's over there in the much 'colder' regions of the world.

Here in Australia, their coats dont' get anywhere near as fluffy as that during the winter.

How do they cope in the snow? I guess they adapt.

Please post your photo's of your shaggy mini's, looking their cutest! :lol:

Here's a semi shaggy Buddy. He was kinda wet here, so it doesn't show his full 'poofy' look. Catch this boy on a cold dry day though and he looks like he stuck his hoof in a light socket :lol: .

IM002131.jpg

(Edit)--Here's another with my daughter holding him just days after I bought him.

IM000990.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Monte, my husbands driving gelding.

PC183352.jpg

And this is my weanling leopard colt "Spot," (I know.......very original name!
default_wacko.png
: )

PC183349.jpg

cinnabarsit.jpg

This is Cinnabar sitting in the snow!

Cinnabar doesn't like snow much as he often gets stuck in snow drifts and needs to be rescued!

cinnabarsit.jpg

This is Cinnabar sitting in the snow!

Cinnabar doesn't like snow much as he often gets stuck in snow drifts and needs to be rescued!
Aww!!!!
default_wub.png
: --does Cinnabar ever look precious
default_yes.gif
: . Heheheheheh--doesn't look like he likes the snow too much :lol: .

Zoey is by far the shaggiest I have ever seen. I really hope you do a before and after clip picture of her this spring.
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks for those pic's!

I know everyone loves when their horses are clipped, but i must say, they really are precious and so cuddly with all that hair!

I'm having a giggle at Zoey, her little legs look lost amongst all that hair!!! She's got a beard too! She's gorgeous.

It makes their heads look so little too.

Keep the photos coming everyone, i'll never get to see anything like that where i live!!!

I am feeling a bit guilty showing Zoey at her worst. I don't think she'd be too happy with me, so I'll give her some justice. Although not the best pictures and not body clipped, here's the little girl in June. (The shag pic is from February.) What a change in color huh?? :lol: She really does have a neck and head and even legs!

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0362-1.jpg

I am feeling a bit guilty showing Zoey at her worst. I don't think she'd be too happy with me, so I'll give her some justice. Although not the best pictures and not body clipped, here's the little girl in June. (The shag pic is from February.) What a change in color huh?? :lol: She really does have a neck and head and even legs!

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0362-1.jpg
Your Zoey is a sweetheart! ( I still love her shaggy coat though!!!) What a gorgeous colour she is too, you would never know its the same horse!

This is Monte, my husbands driving gelding.

PC183352.jpg

And this is my weanling leopard colt "Spot," (I know.......very original name!
default_wacko.png
: )
I cant beleive how much you husbands gelding looks like my mare Rosie! There heads are almost identicle!

Gage

IMG_38802_2.jpg

Oh my Gage! You're sure right about that one! :aktion033: Even the same soft look in the eye! What beautiful babies!
default_wub.png
:

Ohhh, I must say, "Kutenay" What a beautiful winter picture, your little horse just makes it perfect! I love it. Wish we got snows like that around here. All we mostl get is wet, cold, drury stuff that makes me feel so gloomy when it comes. But your photo is so dreamy, makes me miss the mountains, *sigh*

Wow, that little Zoey is gonna make sure she doesn't get cold, I don't blame her, I'd have me a thick fluffy coat too if I had to live out in it! :~) She is darling!

I posted our little Charlotte on my Christmas post earlier if you want to go there to see her. I can't wait to see her with her coat off, she was wooly when we 1st saw her, and her under coat seems to be very different than what we are seeing now.

~Karen

This is Austin when he lived in New Mexico until he was a yearling....very shaggy (and a little dirty)lol :bgrin

austin.jpg

and this is him now....not really shaggy but more wooly...not bad for Arizona though!
default_wink.png
:

au12.jpg

au29.jpg

We have four fur balls rolling around here ! Here is my colt Star and one of the fillies, Suzie. They are sooo cuddly with all that fluff !
default_wub.png
:

Star.jpg

suzieq2.jpg

Edit to add : To Dali1111 , your upclose pic of Copper is absolutely precious!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pictures Dali :aktion033:...did santa bring you something with 2 wheels?

haha! You want shaggy? lol here you go! :lol: :lol: :lol:

These two are the shaggy-est out of all the horses this year.. The mares and studs didn't get really heavy coats this year due to the unusual warm weather we've been having.. In fact, my trail mare usually gets a really thick winter coat, which I hate when she sheds becaus she is mostly white so we end up with HUGE areas of white hair in the pasture from her rolling! lol and she still looks fairly slick.. Anywho, here's my two shaggy boys:

Tucker.jpg

Axelprofile.jpg

Latest posts

Back