SECRET SANTA GIFT THREAD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WhiteTailsMinis said:
Those of you that don't know Mary ... we didn't know eachother at all before she placed that ad on the LB Sale Board. We shipped our two girls together from Triple K and Mary actually had mine arrive at her place. Even kept her few days (groomed her and everything) until we could arrange to meet 1/2 way (Maryland is a pretty big state).
That's a great story about your Secret Santa. I think maybe we need to get you out west sometime though!
default_new_rofl.gif
Maryland is a postage stamp!
default_biggrin.png

My gifts were all mailed off Priority or Express Mail on Monday, should be there by the end of the week. Now I can wait without guilt for mine!
default_thumbup.gif

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much, Matt73, for the lovely Secret Santa gifts which arrived here this morning! Of course, I had to open the package
default_smile.png
I started out by reading a very nice letter from Matt and Kevin, telling about their farm and fur animals way up in Ontario! Beautiful pictures, too, of their puppies (Matt- are they the Bernese Mountain Dogs?) and one of their gorgeous farm!! Next was a box of FUDGE!! I am saving that for Christmas
default_smile.png
although it will be hard to wait! lol Next was a horse ornament and a darling tiny statue. Then, I opened the tiniest/miniature prayer box and charms of the Three Wise Men- very neat! Then, a box of silver decorative horse shower hooks (we are getting ready to remodel the bath- so perfect!), and finally a very nice smelling candle
default_smile.png
I will try to post a photo when I find my camera- how do things run off? LOL

Thanks again, Matt! Merry Christmas!
You're very welcome, Peggy
default_biggrin.png
I can't believe it got there that quickly. That's Great! Merry Christmas to you, too!

P.S. Yes, that's a pic of Callie's first litter of Berners (someone on here did the photoshop job
default_biggrin.png
)

I haven't sent my gift out, had planned to earlier in the week but have been hit pretty hard with a snowstorm the past few days, will mail it out friday.

Okay, finally!!!!!! Sorry for the delay, but had a little problem with the camera and then the computer. Nothing wanted to work right.

So............ Sorry Santa I couldnt wait until Christmas to open it. The hubby and the kids were very excited. Hubby wanted to open the gift before I got to open it with Marlene.

I would love to thank Kourtney of PrestigeMinis for my FABULOUS GIFTS!!!!!!

I got Christmas Blend STARBUCKS COFFEE!!!!!!! SWEET! I cant wait to take it and get grounded up. I also got a OMG smelling good candle. I got a magnet note pad, which is awesome!!!!! I also got a COLORADO key chain ( my cousin lives in Dillion, CO.)

I also got a horse head ornament!( Already on the tree ). And I also got a BEAUTIFUL mug from Colorado. Its not in the picture because unfortunatly it arrived broken
default_sad.png
I was so upset ).

Thank you so much Kourtney!!! I love everything. You are a very very good Santa~~

As soon as I get that coffee grounded and have my first cup I will let yall know how it taste! I cant wait~

HO HO HO and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

DSCN8413.jpg

Oh Holly I have been waiting on pins and needles for that gift to get there. And gosh darn it. I am gonna have to get you a new mug and send it to ya. I will wait til after Christmas if that is ok. I might surprise ya and do it before hand
default_smile.png
I had a feeling that might happen. Sorry about my lame packing
default_sad.png
I was in a hurry and wanted to make sure it got there. I am so glad you liked everything though.
default_smile.png
I will make it up to you though.
default_smile.png

Okay, finally!!!!!! Sorry for the delay, but had a little problem with the camera and then the computer. Nothing wanted to work right.

So............ Sorry Santa I couldnt wait until Christmas to open it. The hubby and the kids were very excited. Hubby wanted to open the gift before I got to open it with Marlene.

I would love to thank Kourtney of PrestigeMinis for my FABULOUS GIFTS!!!!!!

I got Christmas Blend STARBUCKS COFFEE!!!!!!! SWEET! I cant wait to take it and get grounded up. I also got a OMG smelling good candle. I got a magnet note pad, which is awesome!!!!! I also got a COLORADO key chain ( my cousin lives in Dillion, CO.)

I also got a horse head ornament!( Already on the tree ). And I also got a BEAUTIFUL mug from Colorado. Its not in the picture because unfortunatly it arrived broken
default_sad.png
I was so upset ).

Thank you so much Kourtney!!! I love everything. You are a very very good Santa~~

As soon as I get that coffee grounded and have my first cup I will let yall know how it taste! I cant wait~

HO HO HO and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

DSCN8413.jpg

Sorry, I rec'd the wrong package and this one was not my secret santa package.

You are so right Karina. I never spoil myself. My friend in South Africa just sent me a gift and it has the most beautiful purple glass bead and freshwater pearl bracelette that she made me and it matches the necklace perfectly so guess what I am wearing to hubby's work Christmas party on friday night? lol. Thank you so much!!!

Oh Holly I have been waiting on pins and needles for that gift to get there. And gosh darn it. I am gonna have to get you a new mug and send it to ya. I will wait til after Christmas if that is ok. I might surprise ya and do it before hand
default_smile.png
I had a feeling that might happen. Sorry about my lame packing
default_sad.png
I was in a hurry and wanted to make sure it got there. I am so glad you liked everything though.
default_smile.png
I will make it up to you though.
default_smile.png
Thanks so much Kourtney! You are very sweet to do that. That was a very pretty mug. Whenever you get around to doing it. Thats fine!Thanks again for all the wonderful stuff.

Received my SS from Backwoodsnanny yesterday! I did open the box and there was a PILE of gorgeously wrapped packages inside! I want to wait till a quiet time to open each and savour, so will post a picture then. Meanwhile, I am enjoying the jewel-like packages!

Marsha I am so glad it got to you in plenty of time and that you enjoyed the various wrappings. Cant wait to hear how you like the contents.

It came today!!!
default_aktion033.gif
As you may guess, I couldn't wait to open it. LOL
default_biggrin.png

Mine is from Leia, Hobbyhorse23!
default_saludando.gif
Thank you so much. I loved everything. I hate to say it but I was really thrilled when I saw the lolly pop ( that is what I call them, lol) for O So. He loves those! We can hear him sometimes in the middle of the night trying to eat or lick them. All of a sudden we hear bang, bang, bang. He is hitting it up against the side of his house! Yah, I make it kind of easy for him to lick on it.
default_wub.png

I also got a sticker for my bus!!! That was an awesome surprise too!!

I loved everything, thanks again Leia!!

Here is a pic of my loot!

d996a5ff.jpg

I finally had a quiet evening to open my gifts. O My! What fun and thoughtful gifts! A cozy festive throw, warm socks and slippers, fragrant candles, a Maine cookbook and calendar, candy, Maine ornament AND a lovely hand-crocheted scarf in Christmas red made by my secret santa! My vintage horse is modeling it.

ssgifts.jpg

And THEN an extra bonus:

ssbuttons.jpg

BUTTONS!!! The little bird told you truly, Anita!

Thank you for all my Maine treasures. You are a great Santa!

O So said:
It came today!!!
default_aktion033.gif
As you may guess, I couldn't wait to open it. LOL
default_biggrin.png

Mine is from Leia, Hobbyhorse23!
default_saludando.gif
Thank you so much. I loved everything. I hate to say it but I was really thrilled when I saw the lolly pop ( that is what I call them, lol) for O So. He loves those! We can hear him sometimes in the middle of the night trying to eat or lick them. All of a sudden we hear bang, bang, bang. He is hitting it up against the side of his house! Yah, I make it kind of easy for him to lick on it.
default_wub.png

I also got a sticker for my bus!!! That was an awesome surprise too!!

I loved everything, thanks again Leia!!
I'm glad you liked it! I knew you wanted books on minis (ignore the driving chapter in that one though, I was wincing
default_shutup.gif
) and I tried to think of stuff both you and O So would like. I remembered you said he'd really liked his last Licky Pop thing so when I saw one in the tack store I couldn't resist!
default_biggrin.png
Sorry for not wrapping it all, I wanted to hurry up and get it out to you.
default_saludando.gif

Leia

I also received the first of my Secret Santa gifts today, from the wonderful Leeana! She did an AMAZING job. I was so thrilled with what she sent! I got a cute towel set, a coffee mug from Starbucks full of the only product I buy from them (peppermint hot chocolate), a pretty leather keychain with my first initial on it and...

...get this...

a digital photo frame!!

IMG_8094.jpg

I can't believe how thoughtful that was, given that she knows how big a photo-bug I am and that I wanted something personalized for my boys. Now I can pick all my favorite photos and have them displaying in my room all the time.
default_wub.png
Thank you Leeana! You're amazing!

Leia

I just have to say - every year the Santas do an excellent job - such awesome surprises! I know how excited I am checking this thread every day that Reo must be totally beside herself seeing all the happy people receiving such wonderful things from their Secret Santas.

default_aktion033.gif

I've already received mine (and posted) but I still check here couple times a day to see what new goodies have arrived for others. It's so much fun to watch reactions of surprised LBers. All the gifts are awesome!

Huge thanks to Robin for taking this on every year and huge thanks to all the wonderful Santas that follow through and make it worth Robins hard work to put it all together.

default_488.gif

I have finished packing my box and will mail it priority tomorrow morning - I was waiting on one last thing to complete it. Should be under someones tree by Tuesday (or Wednesday the latest).

default_new_multi.gif

Yes Marsha! I'm a "little birdy"! When I know things about people that they like (I keep it all in my head) then I whisper into Santa's ears! Kind of like when you stow away info on your family during the year and use during Christmas. Because you're all MY forum family! So I have fun with this!

OMG when someone gets a gift I get all happy that I can cross them off my list! But the real HAPPINESS comes when ALL 100% have gotten the gifts and I can rest!

Each year I work HARD to get that 100% I crave! I MUST HAVE IT!

Wheeee look at all the nice gifts!
default_wub.png

So how are we doing so far Robin? Mine left on monday. How many have been received so far? How many more to go? I really hope we hit 100% this year!!

Rhonda
default_saludando.gif

Oh I get 100% each year!
default_yes.gif

I'm relentless until I get it!

As of this minute, we have

42 GOT and 50 to go!

WHOOP!! Since this is my Christmas each year, I take two names to give to!

I LOVE giving gifts!
default_wub.png

Which means 2 people get stuck with having me LOL!

I got a pkg from Santa Bonnie today!
default_aktion033.gif

A box filled with pretty wrapped gifts! I'm so excited! We will get the tree up this week end now that there's gifts to go under it! I always wait until Christmas to open gifts.

Thank you Bonnie!
default_wub.png

Robin

As I have told you before sometimes its hard to do for someone you dont know as you never know if you will please them or not. This years task was a total joy to do I had many jars and cans of buttons that have been given me over the years and went through several to find unique buttons for her collection. I love what you do Robin. It means so much to all of us.

Robin

As I have told you before sometimes its hard to do for someone you dont know as you never know if you will please them or not. This years task was a total joy to do I had many jars and cans of buttons that have been given me over the years and went through several to find unique buttons for her collection. I love what you do Robin. It means so much to all of us.
Anita, I tried to email you but it said you weren't receiving messages.

I love the button mix. I poured them right out into a tray and pawed through them last night, looking at each one. I use some of mine, but mostly I just ogle them.

My dog, for some reason, thinks the furry socks were meant for him. Twice I found him carrying them, looking furtive. So I had to hurry and put them in my drawer.

I also treasure the handmade scarf. You are special.

Marsha Cassada

Back