SECRET SANTA GIFT THREAD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got everything packaged for all three of my internet Secret Santas and should be shipped out today after work. I will pay to make sure they get there on time!
default_laugh.png

Leia

Its here its here all the way from Wisconsin and like the 61 year old kid that I am I didnt wait. Thank you so much Jennifer (Just Jinx) I had that opened in about 30 seconds. It was so much fun opening each package separate. Thank you Thank you Jennifer sent me a great blanket with reindeer on it and socks with a reindeer on them and a reindeer ornament and some yummy chocolate covered caramel which by the way are also opened and eaten. and a wonderful neck warmer which is going to be put to use this afternoon when I go to the barn as we are getting roughly a foot of snow today. I assume the neck warmer is home made and it is wonderful. Oh for those that dont know I collect reindeer so this was just the perfect gift. Thank you sooo much.

Hope you and yours also have a wonderful holiday.

I got mine last week, thanks so much Gini!! I got a AZ coffee cup, key chain and an ornament, candies/chocolates in very pretty boxes and a CMHR bag (i use the cloth bags at the grocery store all the time) and a CMHR cookbook, i hope i didn't forget anything. I love all of it, and the card is awesome, thank you! Merry Christmas to you and Warren.

My package went out last week and my person should get it mid-week.

Leslie

I'm happy you like the gift. The ornament was made by a friend of mine I so wish I could do needlework like that. Have a very Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Gini

Anita (backwoodsnanny) - i am sooo glad you liked all your gifts! the neck-warmer is handmade as well as the blanket! my sisters, daughter, and i get together and make the blankets. we have a good time and enjoy making the gifts. i was really excited when i found the reindeer socks! i hope you enjoy everything and have the best christmas ever! jennifer

A HUGE thank you to my Secret Santa K SERA!

Lynne,it was such a great suprise! I got 2 awsome ornaments! One beautiful gold one thats on my tree now and a very cool Cajun crocadile in a stocking who is hanging from my computer desk!! Love him!! A bunch of chocolate candies and some wonderful New Orleans creamy pralines.... yummmmm!!!! A pretty stack of note pads in brown and blue(I'm making a quilt these colors right now!!)with a cute leopard print pen! A pack of long christmas matches with my initial on the box!! A really cool rustic rooster coat hook!
default_wub.png
And a rooster clock that fits my decor to a tee!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

009-3.jpg

It was so much fun to open each suprise! I love the special note and I think it's pretty cool that you grew up near where I live! I bet you don't miss the cold much! It's like 28 degrees with crazy blowing wind! I de-iced buckets 3 times today!!!! Send some of that Southern Louisiana warmth this way!! LOL!!

Thank you again!

Leya

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my Secret Santa gift from a Great friend Lori Luther!!

She was a great Santa too!! I received lots of yummy chocolate candy! Two beautiful Christmas candles, one even has a K on it could be for our last name :) Also three more candle sets. I love them all. She has also said I will have a sweatshirt coming with my farm name embroidered on it, YAY. Lori was way to good to me

Thank You VERY much Lori!! Joyce

Sent mine out to my person today..better late then never. Have been on crutches the past couple days and had some dental issue's taken care of, so just got around today to drop it off at the post office. Should be there soon...following tracking.......

I got mine today!!! Thank you so much Cyndia Harris!!! She gave me warmth!!!!

Really warm polar fleece blanket with horses on it, a polar fleece neck warmer, and two pairs of super soft warm socks.

I am a bad SS this year, haven't gotten mine in the mail yet but will get it done this week and sent priority to make sure my person gets it in time. If priority is too slow, I'll send it 2nd day or overnight.

I am bundled up in my blanket now, has the Texan Chihuahua seal of approval (she is not liking this cold weather).

SecretSanta.jpg

I received mine today from Tanja and Lee Belasky of seminolewindacres. thank-you soooo much. I received a salt and pepper set. the horse is a comic type horse sitting down and holding each spice in his arms, a beaautiful dish towel with a mitt and pot holder with a rooster on it--wonderful for my kitchen, a bag of apple treats for my horses, a package of hot choclate and a can of vanilla wafers. Thank you So so much. I love everything.

cyndia

ALSO to sfmini. I am glad you like everything. Keep warm. we have had some chilly days with the wind the past week.

cyndia

It was so much fun to open each suprise! I love the special note and I think it's pretty cool that you grew up near where I live! I bet you don't miss the cold much! It's like 28 degrees with crazy blowing wind! I de-iced buckets 3 times today!!!! Send some of that Southern Louisiana warmth this way!! LOL!!

Thank you again!

Leya

Your very welcome again, Leya! As far as sending you "Southern Louisiana warmth" .... I can send you about the same thing you got goin on up there. It was 29 here this morning!!!!
default_gaah.gif
I'll send it right up!!!!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif

WHOOO HOOO Got my SS gift today!!! I will post when I open it later. Marlene opened hers with me, so I have to wait till she gets home to open mine!!!! Sorry SS I know it says wait till Christmas, but I am way to excited, and the kids are too!

WHOOO HOOOO

WHOOO HOOO Got my SS gift today!!! I will post when I open it later. Marlene opened hers with me, so I have to wait till she gets home to open mine!!!! Sorry SS I know it says wait till Christmas, but I am way to excited, and the kids are too!

WHOOO HOOOO
Fair is fair - you have to wait for me like I waited for you. LOL I'm leaving work now ............... lol

Thanks so much, Matt73, for the lovely Secret Santa gifts which arrived here this morning! Of course, I had to open the package
default_smile.png
I started out by reading a very nice letter from Matt and Kevin, telling about their farm and fur animals way up in Ontario! Beautiful pictures, too, of their puppies (Matt- are they the Bernese Mountain Dogs?) and one of their gorgeous farm!! Next was a box of FUDGE!! I am saving that for Christmas
default_smile.png
although it will be hard to wait! lol Next was a horse ornament and a darling tiny statue. Then, I opened the tiniest/miniature prayer box and charms of the Three Wise Men- very neat! Then, a box of silver decorative horse shower hooks (we are getting ready to remodel the bath- so perfect!), and finally a very nice smelling candle
default_smile.png
I will try to post a photo when I find my camera- how do things run off? LOL

Thanks again, Matt! Merry Christmas!

Hi Cyndia,

I'm so happy you like everything. The vanilla cream filled wafers are so yummy with hot chocolate or coffee too. :) Enjoy! :) Wishing you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!
default_wub.png

Stay warm,

Tanya & Lee

I received mine today from Tanja and Lee Belasky of seminolewindacres. thank-you soooo much. I received a salt and pepper set. the horse is a comic type horse sitting down and holding each spice in his arms, a beaautiful dish towel with a mitt and pot holder with a rooster on it--wonderful for my kitchen, a bag of apple treats for my horses, a package of hot choclate and a can of vanilla wafers. Thank you So so much. I love everything.

cyndia

ALSO to sfmini. I am glad you like everything. Keep warm. we have had some chilly days with the wind the past week.

cyndia

OK, so we got the tree up which meant I could open my gift from Karina and oh what a gift!!! Yippee!!! I got a red halter, badly needed for my little Rose Petal who is chestnut pinto so should look very nice on her! I got a purple jelly scrubber and a purple sweat slicker. I love purple!! Those jelly scrubbers are the best. I use them on my great dane too and I think I will keep the sweat slicker in the bath tub for the dog. tee hee. There was some yummy peach lip gloss and some wonderful smelling hand lotion and then the best part, the beautiful necklace. It is like the Pandora line in Canada and has 2 different glass beads that can be interchanged. One is purple and the other red. I just love it!!!! So very pretty! Thank you so much!! Here is a picture of it all. Oh I am so happy!!

secretsantagiftlb.jpg

Oh GOSH!! This is such a wonderful gift.. Thank you Sandy Harris (forum name Sedeh) of Oregon.. Hubby grabbed the chocolates and had one of them that were made in Grants Pass, Oregon.. BUT the big surprise is the large piece of petrified wood her father found (in Oregon) and her neighbor painted on it a picture of Teddy & Jordy.. This is so special as those two dogs are best buds and the picture painted is much more beautiful than the picture I taken of it.. This will have a special place on the shelf in our home..

Thank you and Happy Holidays Sandy!!!
I'm so glad you like it and it got there safely. When I was growing up we never just got to go camping...we always had to hunt for rocks!! I think I've tromped over most of the Mojave Desert in Calif! Plus a good part of Arizona and Nevada! My parent's are still rock hounds.
default_smile.png
I was starting to worry that Rose wouldn't get it done in time...but she came through for me. We took a little creative license and combined 2 pics you had on facebook.

Ok, like I prommised REO I sent my present out again yesterday(december 7th).

It got sent back to me because something happened to the label and they could not read the recipients address anymore.

Then the lady at the post office told me yesterday that it will take a week to get to its "royal" destination AND that the post men are going on strike for the next three days.
default_sad.png

So I hope we came out ahead of the strike and my box won't have any interference from it.

Then this morning when I was clearing everything of my living room table (which I should have done weeks ago)I find the christmas card that was supposed to be inside the box.
default_new_shocked.gif

So my recipient won't know who it was from except for my name on the box. Aaaarrggghhhh someone kick me please!!

So REO could you please tell the person it came from me as soon as you see they received it? (since I am not on the forum every day)

Sorry to give you more work and for being so stupid and absent minded.

Hopefully the contence of my box will make up for the lack of a christmas card.
default_rolleyes.gif

Patricia Kuijpers

Divigo Stables

Well Girlfriend you know you deserve every bit of it. I know your spoiled to death by that Hubby of yours but I figured since you are a Christmas baby 12/26 that I needed to be sure that you got a surprise for Christmas and your special day. Your always there for everyone one including me and I needed to show you how much you mean to me. Your the very cream of the crop Marlene and wouldn't want to go a day without you in it. I must say it was hard keeping the secret until you opened the package since you have to put a return address on the outside of the box, I did my best! Packing your presents was almost as much fun as listening to your phone message when you were unpacking it!

I wasn't going to do SS this year but after you talked me into it and I emailed REO to see if I could still participate, I told her you encouraged me to be someones Santa. REO surprised me by asking if I wanted you for my recipient. Well dang how could I pass that up!! Then I told you that I couldn't stand the person I got but they would be fun to buy for, Hahahaha hoho.

My next step was to get a good picture from you without tipping you off. So the story that I needed you to send me an ecopy of that great new picture collage that Kelly Roe made for you so I could use it for a screen saver worked like a dream, lol.

I am so glad you liked your gifts and I do say they sure turned out nice. Merry Christmas dear friend
wub.gif
wub.gif

Always knowing just the sweetest things to say! Thank you again for everything Mary. I always say this mini world puts us in touch with some of the greatest people and Lord knows I've met tons of the best folks through minis.

I am so thankful I responded to your LB sale ad about sharing transportation from Triple K when you purchased your first long distance mini (2 years ago now). Although, it made me buy one too - shipping our girls together was the start of a wonderful friendship.

Those of you that don't know Mary ... we didn't know eachother at all before she placed that ad on the LB Sale Board. We shipped our two girls together from Triple K and Mary actually had mine arrive at her place. Even kept her few days (groomed her and everything) until we could arrange to meet 1/2 way (Maryland is a pretty big state). So the first time we met in person was in the parking lot of a crowded shopping center on the Christmas holidays (hey, we have an anniversary this month Mary!!!) We were in the city so imagine the looks we got pulling in there with horse trailers and moving a miniature horse around! LOL The days until we met, Mary would send me photos of the horse I bought and updates on her.

Mary goes out of her way for everyone - always the most considerate and thoughtful person. So while she drew my name for Secret Santa this year, she also quickly became a very dear friend who I know will be in my life for many years to come - with or without minis. Everyone should be so lucky to have friends like Mary - -

OK, so we got the tree up which meant I could open my gift from Karina and oh what a gift!!! Yippee!!! I got a red halter, badly needed for my little Rose Petal who is chestnut pinto so should look very nice on her! I got a purple jelly scrubber and a purple sweat slicker. I love purple!! Those jelly scrubbers are the best. I use them on my great dane too and I think I will keep the sweat slicker in the bath tub for the dog. tee hee. There was some yummy peach lip gloss and some wonderful smelling hand lotion and then the best part, the beautiful necklace. It is like the Pandora line in Canada and has 2 different glass beads that can be interchanged. One is purple and the other red. I just love it!!!! So very pretty! Thank you so much!! Here is a picture of it all. Oh I am so happy!!

secretsantagiftlb.jpg
I am so delighted that you liked what you got. It tried to keep to the purple theme and a little bit horsey and somthing for yourself - a trinket from Ireland. Sometimes I think we get everything for our horses and family and forget to treat ourselves
default_biggrin.png

She didn't draw your name Marlene
default_wink.png

I put weeks of careful thought in each match for the best happiness for everyone. Then I get to sit back and watch this part, which is my entire source of Christmas joy.

You bet I will Patricia! No worries!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back