Saying good-bye to Annie my beloved cat

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
Bless her old heart
default_wub.png
. I have had her since 1988, she found us and we took her in. Vet said then she was about 5 years old. She has had an exceptional life! She has been blind for about a year, but knows the house to get around. This past week-end her poor little body has told me it is time to let her go with her dignity. I was up all night with her holding her, in case she did not make it to this afternoon. I wanted her to know that I loved her till the end, she just curled up in her blanket and purred the best she could. She out lived one of her daughters (16 yo) that we kept. She will be sadly missed..She has been around sooooo long, it will be hard not to have her soft sweet purr in my ear at night. I am okay with this decision. It has been coming for a few months. She will be buried under the Mulberry Tree with Naula, Madison and her daughter Catalac this afternoon.. Art has already made her cedar box. .. I will say it now, before it is time to for you to cross the bridge, Good bye my sweet purrfect Annie. You have blessed and made us better human's for knowing you....You will be forever young again..Art, Theresa, Okie, Boomer and Tessa.....
default_wub.png

Awww Theresa...I am so sorry! She sounds like a grand old girl! What a wonderful life she has led. I'm glad you are at peace with this decision, they are such gut wrenching decisions to make.

What an amazing old soul, your Annie is! And she made sure to prepare you for what was to come......You said it already, "Bless her heart!" (Sorry....but the personality you've given us of your girl, and your loving acceptance of her time, has me tearful....perhaps because we have two wonderful old ones here.)

I'm so sorry about your kitty. But you're right, she will be at peace. I'm glad we got to see her when we were over. I know you'll miss her. You had her a long time and she was a lucky girl to have you! Her long life is a testament to you. I'm glad you were there for her, always.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Theresa, she's been one lucky cat to have had so much of her lifetime with you. Hugs to you and Art!!! Annie, hope you will play with my Kara, Keepsake, Khaos, Kaper, Sassy, Donna and on and on. They along with other cats of mine will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Barbie

So sorry for your loss. We have one old cat left that will be 17 in the fall she has outlived her full brother and two other cats that we had for the same number of years.

OH I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. But she sure lived a wonderful long life. God Bless. Joyce

I am sorry for your kitty but it is a testament to the type of care that you & Art give your animals
default_wub.png

I'm so sorry for your loss
default_sad.png
default_no.gif
I think we all know how hard it is to loose a beloved pet. Wow you got her in 1988 that was the year I was born! I'm so happy that she lived that many years in the peace of your home. Wishing you much comfort during this time.

God Bless and Take Care.

~Jessica

Thanks everyone..She went peacefully in my arms at 4:35pm. The vet tech was holding her and she would have none of that! So I held her, and although she could not see me, (she was blind) she knew it was me that was holding her and she settled in and got her wings. She is now resting peacefully under the Mulberry Tree that over looks our property. I never second guessed this decision. It was her time and she told me it was in her own way. Although I will miss her terribly, I know that this is what she wanted....Thanks everyone

I'm so sorry for your loss!! I know your baby had an amazing home here but just know she will be in a better place. You are in my prayers!!
default_smile.png

May God's Peace surround you all.

It is so hard to let them go. But when it is time, we must. Bless you, bless her.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my dog suddenly last week, and I wouldn't wish this kind of pain on anyone. Sending my thoughts your way

Oh my gosh how terribly sorry I am for you. I know what it's like to loose a pet and it's so hard. My heart goes out to you during this difficult time. )))))HUGS(((((( I bet she knew she was loved..... TJ

Oh I am so glad she had such a wonderful life. You are a strong woman to be able to hold her and let her go. I hope I get better at that someday. It is our privilege to have these little loving lives, and our duty to help them when they need it. I am sorry.

Latest posts

Back