I lost my heart this afternoon.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, thank you. I have been able to distract myself some. I'm even able to look at her pics, though the first sight of them brought a round of tears too.

My husband has been wonderful! He really has been. He even took me to the book store and truck shopping/browsing (both of which he hates to do) to just get me out of here, away from the constant memories. It's just those mundane every day things. For the past few years, I always separated her out for feeding (since she required more than the youngsters) and not having to do that strikes me. Not having to grab her halter strikes me. Not knowing if I want to use her halter ever again strikes me. Counting one less horse in her pasture strikes me. Calling it 'Nug's pasture' strikes me. It was always hers for so long it seems odd to call it anything else. Even though other horses have lived there with her this pasture was always hers...
P1010087.jpg
Those trees were always her shade trees, she'd even chase off the others if they were being naughty and you'd see a group under the other trees and Nug under hers.

While I have the pictures out...

Nug the day she was born

599091_10150715379863039_2080731493_n.jpg

A bad scan (there was a smug on the scanner I tried to remove...) but one of my fave pics

nugsun.jpg

Nug and I on our way to a show...years and years ago...

Jen-and-Nug.jpg

age 20, giving me a typical hurry up I'm hungry look

P1010091edit.gif

and just last winter

PC102754-1-1-1.jpg

She was beautiful..just beautiful and special
default_smile.png
...I have never put my geldings leather halter on another. It was his! I had the grit(sometimes I think back and wonder how I did this) to help bury him. My father inlaw came with his loader and took two wide straps wrapped around his body and very carefully lifted his body up and over to the place he dug. I even got down in the hole and adjusted his head, feet just right so he looked nice. I cut his tail off and still have it
default_smile.png
...but I could NOT see the dirt go over him...I cried for days upon days(I am crying now and for you too)..My heart breaks for you and the bond with your most special friend. Thanks for sharing the pictures! ((((HUGS))))

God Bless you,

Jenny

Back