saffires foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she is gorgeous
biggrin.gif
but not ready to foal yet. I would say a few more weeks
rolleyes.gif

All good things come to those who wait
laugh.gif

default_saludando.gif
opppps i put up the same hooha picture this is todays photo

2100z9e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Her hooha is getting close but I still think she will improve her udder first.

what makes you think her cervix is open?

default_saludando.gif
a friend of mine said ,,,i no its gross
default_no.gif

but to open there hooha open and you will see the cervix shut but when thay get close to

foaling it will open and saffires has opened

has any one else heard of this

Sorry not sure what your friend is talking about - as far as I understood things, the cervix is far too far back to be visible, but something that the vet would have to do a small internal to 'feel'. I may be wrong so please can someone correct me if I am!

Just relax Jenny, Saffire's progressing nicely toward having her baby, although I also think she has a little way to go yet looking at the pictures of her udder. I cant remember but do you have a foaling date for her?

default_saludando.gif
i think she was served the same time as sweety but she may not have taken then

so iam not sure...........but have them both on camera and foaling alarms on

2v31ovr.jpg

Well, this was the last hooha picture from October 15th. I wish I could say it will be 'next Thursday' but there is no real way to make that kind of a statement! So if she's progressing, and starting to lose her plug, then all we can predict is that she's getting closer!!

Remember, that baby has to have an opening big enough to get through, so she should get very l-o-n-g looking, and closer to foaling you may see a bit of protrudance/swelling as the little one really starts pushing his/her way out! I would expect her to "V" out (which IS happening), with a fuller udder and nipples separated and pointing down (as Anna and Eagle so eloquently explained to us!
default_laugh.png
)

By the way -- what are we hoping for -- filly or colt? Do you have a picture of the daddy? I'm not sure whether we've seen him or not?

Anyway -- she's moving forward, and we enjoy watching her change!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
the stallion is my avatar photo and hes a multiple champion...hes the father to all of my mares

oh you ask what am i hoping for ,,filly or colt i dont really mind as long as it healthy

default_saludando.gif
spoke to dr taylor,,, great having a vet on here ,,,thank you dr taylor

he said it is a relaxed vestibule and thats normal
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Great picture and great explanation Diane!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Jenny it is the onset of labour that will cause the cervix to open - maiden mares often take a little longer to accomplish this as against mares that have had several foals. Once the cervix is fully dilated the next stage of labour starts - the foal begins it's journey through which is when the mare starts pushing and you finally get to see whether it is a filly or a colt, plus its colour (although this is often a bit difficult to tell while they are still wet!!)

Saffire is following the 'book' and making steady progress towards having her baby.
default_wub.png

Have to agree with the others, bit more waiting!
default_yes.gif

My favourite sign is actually the feel of the udder. They all seem to fill a bit differently but they all get that hot and hard feeling right before foaling. Makes it easier to guess when you should sleep with your shoes on!

Have to agree with the others, bit more waiting!
default_yes.gif

My favourite sign is actually the feel of the udder. They all seem to fill a bit differently but they all get that hot and hard feeling right before foaling. Makes it easier to guess when you should sleep with your shoes on!
I agree with you there Bree!!

I was amazed by the change in Suzie's udder when she had Finn!! will definitley continue looking for the hard hot udder with future foals, especially for Suzie
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
do thay still get the hard udders when there maidens

I believe they all will although the hardness will somewhat differ depending on udder size. Twinkles fills all the way so she was rock hard. Rivain was smaller but still felt solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back