Saddle Clubs vs. Breed Shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremor

Reaction score
I'm a member of a local Saddle Club here in my hometown, and the show season is starting up. I'm hoping to show in August.

In the meantime, I wondering about how the attire usually differences between 4H/FFA, Breed Shows (AMHR/AMHA), and Saddle Clubs.

In 4H/FFA, I am required to wear a white shirt, blue jeans, cowboy hat, and boots.

In Breed Shows, I assume that you're supposed to wear black slacks, a nice blouse that accents the horses' color, and a blazer.

Well, in the Saddle Club I had not seen any rules on attire. I do however know that in many of the classes the people wear the glitsy glamor Western Suits and buckles. Obviously, these people are showing Paints and QHs. Minis and ponies are shown there, but I have not seen the attire that the showers wear. I also don't know who the showers are to ask.

Well, I am hoping to show my yearling in some small halter classes just for experience. Later on I would *like* to do showmanship, once I've worked on him with that.

Would I be out of place if I showed him in a cable halter and Breed Show attire? Obviously the QH/Paint people are showing their horses according to their breed.

I honestly just don't want to have to buy new show clothes when I could wear my slacks/blouse/blazer getup, once all the training is said and done.

Thanks,

Julia

Huh? The posts are gone?!
wacko.gif

I'm a member of a local Saddle Club here in my hometown, and the show season is starting up. I'm hoping to show in August.

In the meantime, I wondering about how the attire usually differences between 4H/FFA, Breed Shows (AMHR/AMHA), and Saddle Clubs.

In 4H/FFA, I am required to wear a white shirt, blue jeans, cowboy hat, and boots.

In Breed Shows, I assume that you're supposed to wear black slacks, a nice blouse that accents the horses' color, and a blazer.

Well, in the Saddle Club I had not seen any rules on attire. I do however know that in many of the classes the people wear the glitsy glamor Western Suits and buckles. Obviously, these people are showing Paints and QHs. Minis and ponies are shown there, but I have not seen the attire that the showers wear. I also don't know who the showers are to ask.

Well, I am hoping to show my yearling in some small halter classes just for experience. Later on I would *like* to do showmanship, once I've worked on him with that.

Would I be out of place if I showed him in a cable halter and Breed Show attire? Obviously the QH/Paint people are showing their horses according to their breed.

I honestly just don't want to have to buy new show clothes when I could wear my slacks/blouse/blazer getup, once all the training is said and done.

Thanks,

Julia
Since you specifically said "showmanship", you should know that in AMHR (your words slacks, blouse and blazer) you need Long sleeves, Slacks or nice pants -even color jeans (rarely see blue jeans), usually Boots but nice shoes (tennies are tacky), a Hat and Gloves are REQUIRED. That's what I'd use for the open show also --blazer, slacks, shirt (with collar if it's Pinto -rules), hat, boots and gloves.

[sorry for the capitals but this won't let me select to underline words]

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you specifically said "showmanship", you should know that in AMHR (your words slacks, blouse and blazer) you need Long sleeves, Slacks or nice pants -even color jeans (rarely see blue jeans), usually Boots but nice shoes (tennies are tacky), a Hat and Gloves are REQUIRED. That's what I'd use for the open show also --blazer, slacks, shirt (with collar if it's Pinto -rules), hat, boots and gloves.

[sorry for the capitals but this won't let me select to underline words]
Ehh, yeah I did have that wrong. Sorry, lol.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back