Quick spring update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Can't stop now (formerly Dragons Wish Farm)
Reaction score
HIIIII EVERYBODY!!!!
default_saludando.gif

Haven't been in to town with the laptop for quite a while, and my mobile device wouldn't let me log in to the forum.
default_thumbdown.gif
I have a suuuuuuper long list of comments, however, since I'm on a time limit today it's brief.

Last September, Casper (my avatar horse) was sold to a 4H/FFA home. I've been spending some time with Paula out at LP Painted Ponies, and am relocating closer to her!!
default_488.gif
I'm in the process of redirecting my progam to smaller horses, with no Buckeroo breeding (people are gonna need good outcrosses soon!!). Casper was only 35", but I noticed that even at that size he could intimidate special needs folks...so the search is on.

I am still more focused on driving and performance, with a little trick training added. Our community service events tend to use in-hand performance obstacles, with waves and bows as the tricks. If we do a birthday for a child, I write a short story that incoporates both the theme of the party, and a standard obstacle course. Look out Nationals, 2015 is still our target and WE WILL BE PREPARED!!

My list of comments includes:

1. YES--Dwarf testing is available. I will use it, and depending upon results--both individually and industry-wide--will decide how I will use them when I make breeding decisions. Like CA and LFS in Arabs, whether or not to use carriers is a very personal decision, and it might not be wise to throw them all out of the breeding pool.
  2. AMHR Draft classes--I agree with comments along the lines of "if the sauce is good for the goose, it's good for the gander." By this I mean that if also showing in a driving class is REQUIRED for draft halter, it should be REQUIRED for ALL halter horses of driving age.
There are others, particularly on the Back Porch, but I need to run for now. Be looking for exciting updates and additions to the farm during the next 90 days!!
default_whistling.gif
default_ohnoes.jpg
default_whistling.gif

Thanks everyone, you have all been inspirations to me, even if I couldn't let you know until today!!

TALLY-HO!!
default_xreiter.gif

Latest posts

Back