Sad news about the pony

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry to hear she lost her fight. Thank you for giving her a chance to know what the good life can be....

I'm so sorry to hear that...bless you for all you did...

Liz R.

So sorry to hear you lost the pony but at least she had a month with people loveing her, people that can do that kind of thing make me sick.

I am so sorry to hear this news. You did all you could for her. Bless you for being there in her final days and showing her what true love is. HUGS

default_sad.png
default_sad.png
saddened by your loss velma
default_sad.png
default_sad.png

Oh Jane I am sorry.

To fight so hard and still lose her must be devastating. It hurts to care. But know that she probably thought she was in heaven when you came to get them. Thank you.

The pony we rescued a month ago, Sweetie lost her fight yesterday and had to be put to sleep. She tried so hard to come back from being starved so badly, but her body just could do it. My vet warned me ,when we started it was going to be a long and hard fight to bring her back. She would seem to make some strides, then slip backwards. And last week started to slip backwards again and didn't really want to eat, I was making her a mash and feed it too her to try to get some food in her, my vet even tried giving her a shot of anabolic steroid to help her appetite and muscles. but didn't work. We tried everything we could think of. Last couple of days, she could only get up with help, yesterday it took three of us to get her up, but she was so weak didn't last long, thats when we knew .
Dr Jones has been on the phone with me daily for the last week , trying to come up with anything to help her, he was so great thru this , and when I had to make the call for him to come out, He was so sweet to her at the end and he is so peeved at the guys who did this, and so are we , I am contracting the SPCA on Monday and faxing them all the paperwork my vet gave me and have her added to the case they all ready have against them, maybe this will be enough to put them in jail for what they did to her ,or should I say what they didn't do for her.

The donkey has made great strides and will be OK, and we did blood test and she is bred, I don't know for when, but from what I could track down, looks like end of May. Just have to watch her closely .

I will let you know what happens with the SPCA and I would like to Thank Everyone for your offers of help and kind words , and Lisa for all your help.

I only had her for a month, but during that month, she learned that people are not all bad, and she had lots of Love and Attention to the end , Sweetie will be missed,....JANE
Jane, I'm so very sorry! I once took in a litter of 7 pups who were one day old. I lost one in the first week, and it was extremely hard. I staid up with the little girl all night long, but there was just nothing that could be done. It's hard to loose something that you have fought or are fighting so hard to save.

The one thing in your situation that gives me solice, is that she had you for the last days of her life. That matters, probably more than you know. Kind soft words and gentle handling is what she needed, and I feel confident that is what you gave her.

So sorry Jane, keep your chin up; you still have the donkey who needs you.

Hugs and kudos to you, and I will keep you in my thoughts!

So sorry for the loss but just wanted to says thanks so much for trying and caring.

Latest posts

Back