Sad news about the pony

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jane=P

Reaction score
The pony we rescued a month ago, Sweetie lost her fight yesterday and had to be put to sleep. She tried so hard to come back from being starved so badly, but her body just could do it. My vet warned me ,when we started it was going to be a long and hard fight to bring her back. She would seem to make some strides, then slip backwards. And last week started to slip backwards again and didn't really want to eat, I was making her a mash and feed it too her to try to get some food in her, my vet even tried giving her a shot of anabolic steroid to help her appetite and muscles. but didn't work. We tried everything we could think of. Last couple of days, she could only get up with help, yesterday it took three of us to get her up, but she was so weak didn't last long, thats when we knew .

Dr Jones has been on the phone with me daily for the last week , trying to come up with anything to help her, he was so great thru this , and when I had to make the call for him to come out, He was so sweet to her at the end and he is so peeved at the guys who did this, and so are we , I am contracting the SPCA on Monday and faxing them all the paperwork my vet gave me and have her added to the case they all ready have against them, maybe this will be enough to put them in jail for what they did to her ,or should I say what they didn't do for her.

The donkey has made great strides and will be OK, and we did blood test and she is bred, I don't know for when, but from what I could track down, looks like end of May. Just have to watch her closely .

I will let you know what happens with the SPCA and I would like to Thank Everyone for your offers of help and kind words , and Lisa for all your help.

I only had her for a month, but during that month, she learned that people are not all bad, and she had lots of Love and Attention to the end , Sweetie will be missed,....JANE

default_no.gif
Sorry to hear of the loss. Glad to hear the other one is doing ok.

I am so sorry to hear that the pony didn't make it. I do not understand how people can do that to an animal. I have rescued before as well and thank goodness that it had a happy ending. I think that the people who did this should be put in a cell with no food or water!

I'm so sorry she didn't make it. It sure sounds like you went above and beyond to try and get her back. I still remember those pictures you posted of her.
default_no.gif
Some people just need to be shot....or better yet, put them somewhere and starve them to death and see how they like it.
default_no.gif
I'm glad the donkey is doing okay.

Oh, shoot! I'd really hoped to see some lovely updated photos - THANK YOU for all you did for her!!!!

[SIZE=12pt]I'm so sorry to hear that "Sweetie" lost her battle to recover from such tragic circumstances. Bless you for having been there for her...[/SIZE]

The positive was that she passed being loved and cared for........ I am sorry for the outcome.
default_sad.png

i am so sorry to hear that she has passed. i like many others had hoped she would make it!! you are a wonderful person for helping both the pony and the donkey! that pony was well loved her last little while on earth!! hugs to you!!

I am so very sorry to read about little Sweetie's passing - at least she had the best of human kindness and care at the end, thanks to you! Do keep us informed about how the donkey is recovering - hope she has a safe foaling in May.

Thank you again for all you did for the poor little mare. RIP Sweetie.

Anna

I am so sorry to hear that you lost her. Thank you so much for giving her the only chance she was ever given here on Earth. Thank Heavens there are people like you in the world.

What that poor pony and donkey went through
default_crybaby.gif

Sweetie was very lucky to have been in your care for the last month of her life, knowing she was loved. I'm sorry her body was too far gone to save. You all tried so hard! Rest in peace Sweetie!

Give the donkey a hug for me!

{{{{Hug}}}} For you Jane

So sorry to hear she didnt make it. At least her last month was filled with love and care and I am sure she knew you were trying to help her. I hope you can bring charges against them and that they 'pay' for what they didnt do (take care of her)

My friend has possession of (on the Back Porch) a big TB type mare that was dumped in the desert..... she is full of infection and one of the skinniest horses I have EVER seen. I would hate to see her without winter hair. Someone just emailed me to let me know they just rounded up 8 more, two of which are pregnant, out on the east side of the valley.

What is wrong with people?!!

Hugs to you for what you did and tried for Sweetie, you are an angel for doing so, and I am sure that Sweetie thought so too.

The older I get the less I understand man's inhumanity. There's no other species on earth who treats other living things with such indifference and lack of empathy. Thank you for making her last days better. I admire you for your concern and your willingness to do everything possible for to help her.

Latest posts

Back