Sad & Happy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minijoyj

Reaction score
Well after 12 yrs. of Mini Horses & goats, I have had to get rid of everything because of my back. Had to quit work 2 yrs. ago. I am 62 yrs. old & did get disability after 2 yrs. of waiting. Now this summer we have slowly gotten rid of my goats & mini's, the last 3 left about 3 weeks ago. The same week I got rid of my mare, her baby & a stud colt, I was out with them & took a step back & fell, just like a tree flat on my back. Scared the you know what out of me. All 3 of them came running over to me to see what happened, my back popped & I was afraid to get up, but finally made it. You should always have your cell phone on you, of course I didn't & I was by myself. I had my hubby take me to the ER just to make sure nothing broke, I was having terrible muscle spasms, but was o.k. I guess I went through a horse withdrawal for awhile, but now I know it was for the best. We have sold our 13 acre horse farm in a month & moving to a newer house with 2 acres. I can still have my banty chickens & my 2 geese. Sorry this was so long, but had to talk about it & I know some of you have had to do the same thing. Will still keep looking on here, we are hooked.

I understand. I've thought about that a lot lately. No one is getting any younger around here and there will be a time. I cannot imagine myself ever being without animals around me but the fact is that someday I will. Taking care of 2 acres and geese is a lot more comfortable than what you had and with your back so bad, it will be so much more easier on you. I have had to learn the hard way to live in the moment and appreciate what I have every day and make every day count for something while I can. Do take care of yourself and let your memories capture your heart.

Marty, it is something to think that your horses care so much about you when something happens. This is the second time I have had the horses like try to protect me when I have fallen. I had a horse named Dapple a few yrs. ago come running to me when I fell & hollered when I did it, so she thought something was hurting me. All my horses went to good families. Just be very careful when you are out with your guys, I know you have problems to. I know that Michael is out there with you at all times to watch over you. Take care.

I'm so sorry to hear about your back problems. Once a horse lover always a horse lover and I'm sure they will always be in your heart. Your little two acres and banty chickes and geese sounds so cozy. I'm glad you're sticking around to still chat and enjoy these little horses. Take care and good luck with your new homesteading.

Back