Sad Day at my House

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry for your sad losses.
default_crybaby.gif
:

Last year we had a horrible time. We lost three babies and had never lost any before. I don't know what it is, but sometimes it just happens. One was born, but was a dwarf and died. The other was a filly, but didn't get out of the sack and the third baby started to come out o.k., but the back leg started to come under the babies stomach and we couldn't get it out or push it back in to fix the leg. They call this hip lock. Anyway we watched that baby die, but saved the mare. It could be the hay, but it could just be a fluke. After all of this we purchased camera's and the mare alert alarms and now we are there for all of the births. Good luck on the other two mares and keep us posted about the hay.

Judy,

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious foals! It certainly makes a person be thankful for the live, healthy foals no matter what the color or gender. I always feel so bad for the mares, it is just heartbreaking to see them grieve for their babies.

Hugs and prayers for you and your mares and hopefully the rest of your foaling season will be without any problems.

[SIZE=14pt]So very sorry for your losses! What a terrible way to start the foaling season. I know a little how you feel, our first foal a pinto filly was also lost and we lost the mare too. Breeding is not for the faint of heart.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad your mares are o.k, I hope the remainder of your foalings are smooth sailing, Kathy

That is all so very sad........

Please let us know what the tests show if you can.

MA

I'm so sorry. :no: It had to be so heartbreaking to lose two babies together like that, and not know why. I hope all of your others arrive healthy & safe.

Oh I am so sorry!!! :no:

Please let us know what the tests on the hay say!!!

Judy -

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I do hope you are able to find some answers. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Best,

Liz R.

:no: So sorry for your loss. Two in one evening. Hope the rest of the mares in foal hang in there and deliver health babies. God Bless.

I am so sorry you lost the foals. We lost two the past two days too. Sometimes it just happens no matter how hard you try.

I will keep you and your mares in my thoughts, so sorry to hear of your losses. How very sad.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the other mares are better.

OH NO!!

I just saw this, poor Gracie!!

Give both mares hugs from us. And give Gracie a special hug from Taz.

I hope the rest of your foals are born healthy.

Oh , I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your foals. I hope you have found the problem and can

have a happy foaling season from here on out. maryann

Latest posts

Back