Sad day at dreammountainminis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for your loss.

Glad your mare is doing good and pray she continues to recover to full health.

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that your mare will be okay.

Joyce

Im so sorry! We just had a dystosia and prolapsed uterus on a little mare about 3 weeks ago and then lost the foal so I know just how u feel. It was only my mares 2nd foal and I was told not to breed her again. Guess all the vets think differently on whether or not to breed them after a prolapse.

Hi Everyone ,

We had a scary morning with mick I have been sick (strep throat) got up about 4:30 am to get a drink a check mick she was laying in her stall shivering and something about her just didnt look right so off to the barn I went , got her up and started walking her, when she was in the stall she was acting colicy but when i brought her out she was not trying to roll or anything we kept her walking called my cousin and her husband he said she was probably just sore , I didnt have any banamine so i crushed up 3 asprin and gave her , and walked her some more , called the vet when they opened and they told me i could come down and get some banamine . Gave mick the shot of banamine and she has been fine ever since . I still have her on cam so I can keep an eye on her....

Latest posts

Back