Ryegrass??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy

Reaction score
I send my husband to get orchard grass and guy talked him into ryegrass. He says he sells it to alot people that have minis. He told him that horses like it but that it doesn't have much nutritional value so need to feed a little bit more. I'm not familiar with ryegrass so wanted some opinions from everybody. We are in northern California so it was grown locally here. He also said that it is the best he has seen in 5 years. It is very soft, looks good, and the horses love it. He only bought 10 bales so it will last about 6 weeks.

Thanks for you help in this.

Hi Kathy,

I am in No. Cal also, and have fed Rye for years....the horses love it and it gives them the best hair coat !
default_yes.gif
: We cut and baled one of our pastures this year and it was about 50/50 Rye and Orchard. Very fine stemmed, soft hay.

I have found that it also makes mine gain weight. But most of mine are air ferns anyways.

If you can store more, I would buy more as once people find out how nice it is, it will sell fast. At least that is what happens around here.

Unfortunatly, it gives me a rash wherever it touches me....but anything for my kids..LOL :lol:

Sue
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back