Ruby Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
shes home!! shes eating, drinking and pooping!! I am so glad she stayed the 3 days at the vets! Dr. George's father in law just loved Ruby we thought we might have a problem getting her home
default_smile.png
Even Dr. Georges very cute daughter who is around 1 yrs old got SO excitied to be around Miss Ruby and of course Ruby LOVED every minute of the attention she got. When she got home, first thing she went for was the water buck and drank! than cleaned up in the paddock of all that loose hay. I was able to get photos of her today I will post them tomorrow!
default_wub.png
She rolled to, but you can tell when its an im itchy roll vs a im in pain roll. She even did that flirty head tossing. Shes now really on her way!!!

default_new_multi.gif

well I still have ruby under the barn camera, and noticed her "rolling" again.

We have been walking her since 1130pm its now 2am, and Dr George is coming out so we can treat her for colic.

shes rolling, look at her sides, pawing the ground, kicking her back legs up to her belly... foods been taken away already and we gave her banamine to try to see if that helps with the pain, but to no help.

I havent slept, or been eating right since tuesday, I just really dont know what else we can do for her if this doesnt work.

since we have been walking for hours, no signs of her wanting to pass any gas or poop. this is so fustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
its 3:46 am. We just got done with the vet, poor girl is so tired from us walking her for almost 3 hours. We tubed her, and he gave her another banamine shot and another shot. At this point we dont know if shes really colicing, or just in so much pain in her uterus thats shes not sure where the pains coming from. she did pee, and we heard her pass gass.

She did eat I have a miniature horse feed scoup, she was given only a half a scoup for dinner grain. I normally weigh everything but my minds all over the place, so I think the half scoup is like 2 cups i believe. But there was nothing in her bucket for grain when I went out at 1130pm

Shes just resting right now. She is fighting infection in her uterus. I just want to do everything I can for her. Shes come this far since tuesday night to give up now I just cant imagine.

My prayers are with your little Ruby and you to have enough strength to keep up the good care. I'll pray that St.Anthony look over your sweet little Ruby and calm her infection and give her strength to get better.

God Bless.

Latest posts

Back