Ruby Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karma Creek Minis

Reaction score
Again thank you all for the prayers, well wishes and help!

Very early this morning Ruby, dropped the placenta
default_aktion033.gif
I still have her under the barn camera, but I saw dust on the camera so when I went out to clean it off because I couldnt see because the spec was so large on tv, that when I went out there I saw it. Put it in the bucket for Dr. George for him to check, I wasnt sure if it was all there.

Dr. George was out this morning about 10:30am. He was very happy with what I had for him in the bucket. He did another flush, He didnt feel anything up in there so everything did come out! He took it out of the bucket, and I about lost it, it wasnt the look of it, but the smell OMG! I swear I got dizzy and woozy Dr. George had to ask if I was going to be okay LOL but he laid it all out and said everything looked great! We took her temp, it was normal
default_smile.png
and she even pooped. He did a rectal exam to see if we could move some more out, poor girl is so sore. We got to let her out side today to see if we can help loosen up those muscles. The swelling has come down a bit, not a ton but just enough for you to see.

She was laying down this morning in the stall and I was able to lay down next to her. I was talking to her and told her I couldnt replace her even if I tried I swear she turned her head to me and gave me that look that said im not going anywhere.
default_smile.png

So we are doing Banamine and penicillin twice a day for the next 5 days. Shes eating a bit more drinking lots of warm water, I cant get the bucket in the stall fast enough for her, shes got to drink out of it as soon as she sees the bucket. She was even more in heaven to see a carrot, and While I was with her I brought out some apple juice for me, but i shared just a bit with her
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wub.png

Dr. George had told me today when he first got to her, on 3/18 she in his mind looked pretty bad near death was his term. He had such a hard time getting the iv in her neck that night. So we stayed optimistic about her. But she was able to get the medical help she needed, and is on her way to recovery!

Thank you to everyone who may not have replied but kept Ruby in your thoughts and Prayers because they really did work!
default_worshippy.gif

-Kris

Thank Goodness! Ruby sure needs things to go her way right now. I can't even imagine the pain she went through, but she obviously wasn't ready to let go!
default_wub.png
I have no doubt about the look she gave you! They know.

[SIZE=12pt]That is so good to hear! Prayers being sent your way that she makes a full recovery![/SIZE]

What wonderful news! I will continue to keep Ruby in my prayers.

Tammie~

YAYYYY!! Go Ruby! They know FAR more than many of us give credit for.
default_wub.png

Jodi

Yeah!!! Thats wonderful news
default_biggrin.png
Sounds like she is coming around. They do know u are trying to help them. I have seen it many times myself
default_yes.gif

I am so glad she is doing ok. I would have come out that night Kris but I have a mare here due in a few weeks and I didn't dare leave. I knew if anyone could get there Dr George could he is also closer. You only have such a short window of time to get them [foal] out and if you don't the mare can go into shock. I had a "new" vet give me instructions on what to do with a mare that aborted with a patronizing tone and she got "nice" instructions to get her butt out there before the mare went into shock. I bet it was probably the same one who told you she was on her way. Linda

I am jumping for joy!!! That is such wonderful news! You go girl! YAY!!!!! for Ruby! I'm SO happy that she is on her way to recovery. She deserves the best!

Kris, I am so glad Ruby is doing good. It sounds like she is on the road to recovery, do to your excellent care and your vets. I am so glad you finally found a vet too to help you out when you need him.

Great news
default_smile.png
, glad to hear she is on the mend! If your vet hasn't mentioned it, you might ask him about putting her on ulcer meds or maybe Succeed......just in case.

Jan

default_wub.png
You are such a good mom...I can see her loving that apple juice
default_wub.png
Prayer works...Happy Easter INDEED!!!!

So glad to hear Ruby is on the mend. I was crying the night she lost her foal, and now I'm tearing up with joy that she's doing so well. Hugs to Ruby and her wonderful mom!

Yeah!!!!
default_smile.png
Continued prayers though for you and Ruby!

Jessi

Latest posts

Back