Royalty in my barn! ;)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knottymare

Reaction score
Most of you know, I'm pretty new to minis. Really didn't read up on bloodlines or anything until very recently. Turns out, I have two pretty amazingly bred horses in my corral... and thanks to their breeders, Crabby Chicken Ranch and Flyin' G Farms, they allowed me to take these great horses and give them what I hope qualifies as a great home and let me discover on my own that I have some royalty (IMHO) in my barn LOL.

My little Colt, Teddy, is just amazing. I'll share some of our adventures as time goes along but I didn't realize that he is a "BOB" Grandson

Flyin G Bonsais Remembrance

2012 Sorrel Appaloosa AMHA/AMHR Colt

Sire: Westwind Farms Rollers Bonsai (paternal brother to Candylands Best Kept Secret)

Dam: Rowbuck Bequest of Broadway (BOB Daughter)

I really don't care who he's out of because to me, he's Super Ted, but it tickled me to know

156584_4717751818973_1558092711_n.jpg

Thanks. I feel kind of silly. I sort of fell into minis by chance, my first mare being a cast off... when I got Rio a few months ago, I had no idea who was who in pedigrees. Now I hear this name and that name and go, oh, where have I heard that before? Yesterday, I was admiring the two black fillies that Buck On is selling and Teddy's breeder pointed out that Teddy's dam is a BOB daughter so I started doing a little reading and it just tickled me pink to see that my kids have some good bloodlines.

For me, that changes nothing. I love them the same and will enjoy them the same. I will sit in the barn and listen to them sleep and watch them eat and scratch them and romp in the fields, all just the same.

But when I see an little twinkle in their eyes, I'll know that THEY know they come from royalty ;)

Nope, don't feel different or a need to explain! I think a lot of us started that way!!!
default_smile.png

Our first mini, Eclipse, was 3mos old when he came home, no papers but sweet and cute. We still have and love him -- plus he's a blast to drive. He may not ever when a good ribbon like some of our others have, but he's where we started and he is worth his weight in gold. I would imagine your first one is as well
default_yes.gif

It is also very neat to have horses that have "who's who" on their papers
default_yes.gif

Good for you and enjoy!!!
default_thumbup.gif

Extra surprises are always nice even when you're already completely happy with what you have! They're cute love your little colt!

I bought my first mini last january. I went to see him, and decided I was going to buy him. I saw his papers and wrote down his sire and dam. I was new to minis, but definitely not to horses. You can only imiagine my shock with what popped when I typed "FWF Little WarDance" into google! I stalk his mother too. I REALLY wish I wasn't a broke college student! She had a GORGEOUS blue roan tobi colt (looks exactly my guy but a little more blue
default_smile.png
) this year, and she herself is a looker too!

Don't feel silly! Its always cool to look up bloodlines!

Bob and Pharaoh, those are two winners in my book!!!
Well, Falcon is pretty darn amazing. Not only is he drop dead gorgeous but he's as sweet as a button. Bonsai throws that sweetness, too. The more I read about these bloodlines, the harder it's going to be to "convert" Teddy to a gelding. He and Rio would make a sweet baby. But I'd only do that if I wanted another for myself... we'll have to cross that bridge when we get to it. Sure would be a pretty foal. ;)

I bought my first mini last january. I went to see him, and decided I was going to buy him. I saw his papers and wrote down his sire and dam. I was new to minis, but definitely not to horses. You can only imiagine my shock with what popped when I typed "FWF Little WarDance" into google! I stalk his mother too. I REALLY wish I wasn't a broke college student! She had a GORGEOUS blue roan tobi colt (looks exactly my guy but a little more blue
default_smile.png
) this year, and she herself is a looker too!

Don't feel silly! Its always cool to look up bloodlines!
Wow. FWF Little WarDance is really beautiful. How tall is he? What is your colt's dam's name?

This is fun...

Latest posts

Back