Need help naming my colt...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mima Acres

Reaction score
My sweet mare Blondie foaled a handsome little colt just last night and I'm so thrilled he arrived safely. This will be the first time I've chosen a name for one of my horses and I'd love suggestions/help
default_smile.png

a1df75b5.jpg
f4cebdb5.jpg

My two year old daughter says his name is Critter, she also calls my mare Nilla Cupcake instead of Blondie and corrects me if I say it "wrong" haha. Maybe Critter Would be a cute barn name ;)

The sires name is Rowbuck Buck A Luck By George and my mares name is Flyin G's Blondie Of Wolf Acres (Little Kings Russian RevelationXCrown Meadow Bonnie Petit)

We'd like it to begin with Mima Oaks...what we call our "farm" but not set on that. He is a chocolate brown color with lighter colored legs and a light tail. I have no idea what his coloring is any help with that would be great too!

Thanks!

He is so cute
default_wub.png

What about Mima Oak's Fudgie Critter? Or Mima Oak's Crispy Critter?

He is so cute
default_wub.png

What about Mima Oak's Fudgie Critter? Or Mima Oak's Crispy Critter?
Crispy Critter! That's cute
default_smile.png

I have a few rough name ideas kinda not quite put together, but maybe getting somewhere

{Rowbuck Buck a Luck By George x Flyin G's Blondie of Wolf Acres}

I was hoping for spots but that didnt happen so maybe something with spotless lol! Bucks Spotless (Reflection, Revelation, or Shadow)

Mima Oaks Spotless (Shadow, or ______)

Maybe something with Cinco De Mayo since that's the day he was born or even the supermoon. I came across Prime which is latin for first hour of daylight (dawn) because he was born then, anyways just brainstorming I still REALLY don't know!

More pictures
13c883a5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
mima oaks flyn moon critter.

he's very cute

:You are right, he is very handsome!

He was born on Kentucky Derby day, you could go that route. Do you want cute, noble, or something that catches attention.

Kentucky by itself sounds good, 'Tucker" is easy to say

Derby Day Win Derby Day Delight etc.

or, going with the "Tucker" name, Friar Tuck.

I had a colt born on Derby day, and we called him Derby for his barn name. We named him after a race horse. I may share the way we selected it later.

Mima Oaks Cinco De Critter

He is precious!
Thank you
default_smile.png
I'm glad I asked everyone because I'm having a hard time an these are ALL great ideas!

:You are right, he is very handsome!

He was born on Kentucky Derby day, you could go that route. Do you want cute, noble, or something that catches attention.

Kentucky by itself sounds good, 'Tucker" is easy to say

Derby Day Win Derby Day Delight etc.

or, going with the "Tucker" name, Friar Tuck.

I had a colt born on Derby day, and we called him Derby for his barn name. We named him after a race horse. I may share the way we selected it later.
That's right it was Derby day, it was an eventful day! The winner was "I'll Have Another" I believe.

Maybe Mima Oaks Eventful _________. I need to fill in the blank.

I probably lean towards noble names but I like the cute ones too, probably somewhere in the middle. My list may be growing but I'm getting somewhere. I appreciate all the input and love all the great name ideas so far!

I second, Mima Oaks Flyn Moon Critter. And what a cute little colt you've got there!

I second, Mima Oaks Flyn Moon Critter. And what a cute little colt you've got there!
Thanks! He's so much fun to watch. A little mischievous already! I suppose all foals are though. I have horses all my life but this is the first foal I've ever been around.

I think getting to know him will help picking out a name too!
default_smile.png

I thought of Mima Oaks Mischievous Critter but my husband doesn't like it!

0e3d87af.jpg

21b9f08d.jpg

How about Mima Oaks Gs Bucks by George? Gives you lotsa options for a barn name. I have one named "By George he's buckin barley" and Barley fits his personality perfectly.

Thank you everyone for all the great name ideas! We've decided to name him SMOKEY like Smokey Bear! I got the idea from his smokey color while I was watching him run in the pasture like a little wildfire. I think he'll be smokey black, time will tell. My dad was a forester and wildland fire fighter so I LOVED Smokey Bear as a girl and really like the smoky theme it reminds me of my of my dad as well who passed away almost 5 years ago this July. Brings back good memories
default_smile.png

We were thinking...

Mima Oaks Smokey Bear

c999d007.jpg

Mima Oaks Little Smokey (Smokey Bears adopted son lol)

98f972fa.jpg

Mima Oaks Star Buck Luck

832ae041.jpg

Or

Mima Oaks Smoky Wildfire

6f5e29dc.jpg

Well, since that precious little girl looks like a princess how bout MIMA OAKS SMOKEY KNIGHT?

Well, since that precious little girl looks like a princess how bout MIMA OAKS SMOKEY KNIGHT?
default_smile.png
Oh haha! If you were to ask her she'd tell you she is a princess. Smokey Knight, like that idea
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back