Rita Jenkins (WeeOkie Miniatures)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
Some of you know Rita Jenkins (WeeOkie Miniature). She lost her home in the tornado that went through Piedmont OK this evening. She also lost 2/3 of her barn. Right now the only fences that are up is a small paddock area and she has 75 horse in there for right now as all the other fences are gone. Jan Tobey is going over with a trailer tomorrow morning and will bring as many of the mares and foals that she can to her house as her front pasture is open at this time. Anyone here in Oklahoma that has pasture or stall area (for the stallions) please PM me so that we can coordinate what ever help that Rita and Hugh need.

If you are here in OK and saw Channel 5 news videos from the helicopter of the large horse that was tied to the back of the pickup and was reportedly found in a above ground swimming pool was Rita's big horse. He is fine.

Rita and Hugh were lucky and went across the street to neighbors to the cellar but when it was all said and done not only the people that had the cellar but Hugh and Rita lost their homes.

I know that what ever we can do to help will be greatly appreciated. I don't have room for horses but I'll try and go help out. Can't do much as I'm having knee surgery on Thursday but will try to get done what I can.

OMG, no!! I sure wish there was something I could do to help, but I am here in Canada. Rita and Hugh, my thoughts and prayers are with you, and thank God you made it out alive!

My heart and prayers go out out to Rita and her family, both human and animal.
default_no.gif
Sounds like all the animals made it through okay, thank God.

Rita I am so sorry. I wish I could be there to help you. Sending you the biggest hugs ever.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Rita and Hugh. I, too, wish I was closer.

Oh no, I hope you can find places to put all the horses for awhile. I am so glad to hear that people and horses are all okay--and glad to hear, too, that the horse in the pool is okay (Saw Theresa's post about that on another thread!)

Obviously not able to help, being in Wales, UK, but just wanted to add my sympathies and prayers for Rita and family and to all those who have suffered from the cruel and horrific tornados in the US this year.

I hope Rita and Hugh will soon get the help they need.

Anna

This is so horrible, but I'm so thankful Rita and her loved ones are safe, including the four-legged ones.

I wish I were close enough to come help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can't even imagine!
default_no.gif

I'm glad Rita and her family are safe, but...so sorry they lost their home. Wish I were closer to help with boarding horses.

If I was closer, I have 5-7 stalls available right now. Unfortunately, I can't get away right now. How horrible! At least, she and her husband survived. Houses, barns, and fences can be replaced. Did any of the horses get hurt?

To bad I wasn't closer as I have 10 boxstalls empty in my barn and my parents have a huge huge huge barn that use to have pigs years ago and it has like 32 huge stalls in it that are about 12 by 12 and would have housed minis just fine and they have pasture to which is pagewire. When my grandparents were alive they used it for sheep and goats. I am in Canada though. Hope all the horses and people are fine.

omg my heart goes out to them , I would gladly help if I was closer

So Sorry
default_sad.png
Wish I could help. Prayers for you and your family.

So sorry you lost your home and barn, but happy to hear all are alive. If you can't get private farms to help house the horses, try contacting your county fair they may be able to help.

So sorry to hear this news. Wish we were able to do something to help. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

I didn't watch that news channel, so I was unaware of the tornado in that area. I'm soooo sorry, Rita and Hugh. Davie, you have a PM from me with my cell phone number. We can take a stallion or a couple of mares. Just call me on my cell phone, I won't be on the computer much today.

Stephanie

Last edited by a moderator:
Talked to Tiffany last night. She will call today when they assess their needs. We can take a few horses.

Latest posts

Back