Rita Jenkins (WeeOkie Miniatures)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prayers and thoughts to Rita, so sorry to hear this news
default_no.gif

Davie, I hope you don't mind, but I posted the situation and your phone number on my facebook pages as well as sent out an email here at Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine for people who could help or knew someone who could help. Its the best I can do right now. Hopefully, someone I know may know someone closer who can lend assistance.

Oh my, every horse owners worst nightmare. I too wish we were closer, we have an additional large pasture available that would easily hold several dozen horses - my prayers are with them as they deal with this terrible tragedy of nature.

OMG, Rita I'm so glad you and your family are safe. I have room for a few horses here, but am pretty far away.. what about supplies? Did halters etc survive the storm? I know sometimes the immediate needs are for small things like enough halters to catch & move horses, or for feed & hay. Please let us know what we can do from a distance - you are in our prayers!

Jan

As Charlotte said, she talked to Tiffany (Rita's daughter-in-law) last night and we can take a few horses as needed. And help with whatever else we can.

Mike and Lynda Wallis in Newcastle also took a direct hit. They lost most of their show barn and one older horse had to be put down. Another horse with injuries. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers as well.

OMG!!! My heart goes out to everyone who had loss and damage. That is devastating!

If someone would haul, we can take a stallion, or several young horses that can be together, or 2 mares. We have a stall and pen not being used on the other side of the barn.

Email me at [email protected]

or PM me.

My prayers go out to them all!

OMG, so sorry to hear about the Wallis'. Perhaps, LB could set up a "command center" for everyone affected so there's one location where we can all go to see what is needed? That way relief efforts can be cordinated effectively and efficently.

OMG, so sorry to hear about the Wallis'. Perhaps, LB could set up a "command center" for everyone affected so there's one location where we can all go to see what is needed? That way relief efforts can be cordinated effectively and efficently.

Great idea! As I feel so helpless and if there would be anything I could do I would. I will keep everyone in my thoughts & prayers!!

So terrible! I feel helpless so far away. Think the "command center" idea is a good one. I'd like to help out if there is a way. Here in NC last month, a farm was hit like this and they needed all sorts of supplies, from halters, buckets, to feed and hay. Every thing just disappeared. Even one horse. Please let us know how to help. Melinda

I can take 3 yearling colts (even if she was planning on gelding as I'm having a gelding party in the next couple weeks), or 5 to 7 mares/fillies. Or I can take 2 mature stallions. I am about 12 hours away and can't leave until noon tomorrow. There are no sick horses on my property so I think things are pretty low risk around here.

Please email me [email protected]

Davie I sent you a pm...called Rita but called home phone which was pretty stupid...gotta find her cell number I have it somewhere. I can't stop crying, I love Rita and it breaks my heart that my dear friend is going through this. I have around 15 empty acres by me...and my 20...which has quite a few already but I know we can use the 15 if I just ask...I have put horses on it b4.

The only problem is I do not drive in traffic...would gladly meet you with my trailer on the south side of OKC. My trailer would probably hold 10 horses..packed in.

Let me know...I will do anything Rita and Hugh need,,,they are very special people.

I don't know if I can help but we could put mares/foals about four in a side area with a leanto we have but we are along Ks-Ok line?

I do not want to call anyone as all concerned are harried right now. Just want to add another note here if I can help.

Also, if any miniature folks down south of Rita's need temporary shelter I could help.

I can safely do a stallion, or several others if they are compatible with each other. I have no experience with foals.

my good email is [email protected]

I am 1 1/2 - 2 hours from most of the storm damage.

Oh no, wish I was closer to help... I am pretty good at building fence! Maybe a crew can get together and get some of the pastures usable again?

I am probably halfway...if they need you to take some....I can put a lot of them up.
Sounds like a plan! I can't separate stallions on my 3 horse slant trailer too well, other then tie them away from each other, once at home they'll be in wooden big horse stalls, or if need be I can take a stock trailer and get everything in there.

It's a sad situation and I would do a lot to help someone, because I know if I needed it people would help me.

I'm so sorry Rita

Latest posts

Back