RIP Midnight and Billy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Desiree,

I m so sorry. I hope your grief is softened by the peace that comes with doing the right thing at the right time.

Midnight is a L'il Beginnings icon...one of those horse we all feel as if we've met, having shared your stories of his sweet nature and clever ways. Your description of Billy, the devoted buddy, makes me think of Thelonius, who really isn't "my" horse as much as he is Mingus'. Friendships like this teach us so much.

I feel so bad for you, but yet I am grateful that Midnight and Billy were so fortunate as to have you as their guardian. You cared for them, you played with them, you loved them, and when it was time, you saw to that most difficult task of loving an animal: you had the strength and the wisdom to say goodbye.

My keyboard is wet with my tears as I write this. You were blessed with their presence in your life, and you will continue to have their love forever.

Take care,

susanne

Oh I am in awe of such a strong, loving heart. I think of all the poor little horses that we have seen that have been discarded, and left to starve in pain. You did the most kind, loving thing I can think of. I am sorry it hurts so much. I hope that if I ever have to do that, I can, like you show them such dignity and love. I am so sorry for the pain.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Desiree, but especially sorry that you had to go through it alone. Sharing your grief here is probably the best thing you could do for yourself as every single one of us can relate to what you're going through, and we all share your pain and sadness. And I know many of us are reliving our own bittersweet memories of horses we've lost over the years. I hope the outpouring of sympathy here, and your wonderful memories of Midnight and Billy, will bring you some comfort. <<<<HUGS>>>> Take good care of yourself now.

You were blessed to have them and they were blessed to have you. You are wise, kind and brave to have made the decision.
default_cheekkiss.gif
Wish I could be there in person to give you a hug.

Think of the wonderful forever home you gave both of them. How wonderful that they had you all their lives and shared memories with you.

Thank goodness horses live so long! I always lament that my dogs have such short lives.

I know their loss will make a big hole in your heart. Just hope you have other miniatures to help you heal and make you happy again.

I'm so sorry Des. I remember when you first came to the forum telling us all about Midnight. You were a kid back then and grew up in so many wonderful ways. The love showed through back then and of course now and always. You did such an unselfish thing and I know only too well its hard to get up that kind of courage but you do it for love. You will always be proud to be Midnight Star Stables.

I want to extend a huge thank you to each and every member who has shared their kind thoughts with me. Yesterday was the hardest day I ever had to face, and the hurt is truly great. Working in the barn this morning was nearly just as hard.
default_crybaby.gif
There are so many things that remind me of them both. Right now it hurts to see those things, but I know that in time, those very same things will leave me with a feeling of joy, as I remember the year from my past. This has been a great struggle for me, and I'll admit that I am extremely thankful that I am able to lean on all of you for support. You are all truly a second family.

My family and I shared a sad, rainy night yesterday. It was clear to me that I am not the only one hurting.
default_no.gif
I am personally relieved that we also let Billy go, as it allowed for everything to be peaceful. I know that I had been ill contemplating his fate for days, but looking back I am glad that they were able to go together without being stressed. I thank those who supported me before he passed.

The whole situation is hard. I miss them terribly, and I miss their whinnies in the morning. I miss seeing them in their field. I miss holding Midnight. I am so grateful though, that I am able to share these feelings with those who understand. So many stories are equally as sad. My heart goes out for each of you.
default_crybaby.gif

A good friend shared this with me, and it really touched me. I thought I'd share it with you all too. I feel the message is so strong. It brought tears to my eyes.

If it should be that I grow weak

And pain should keep me from my sleep;

Then you must do what must be done,

For this last battle can't be won. You will be sad, I understand;

But don't let grief then stay your hand.

For this day more than all the rest,

Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years;

What is to come can hold no fears.

You don't want me to suffer so

The time has come, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend,

But please stay with me 'til the end

To hold me close and speak to me

Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree,

It was a kindness done for me.

From pain and suffering I'm saved.

Please do not grieve that it was you

Who had this painful thing to do.

We've been so close, we two, these years;

Don't let your heart hold any tears. (--Author Unknown--)

Goodbye my beloved boys...
default_bye-sad.gif

You were blessed to have them and they were blessed to have you. You are wise, kind and brave to have made the decision.
default_cheekkiss.gif
Wish I could be there in person to give you a hug.
I couldn't have said it better.

I'm so sorry! Reading your post made me cry and I'm sure I'm not the only one on LB with leaking eyes. I'm so sorry they are gone and my heart goes out to you more than I can express.

Ahhhh thats just awful. Im soooo sorry. I remember him well from earlier posts.
default_sad.png

Thank you for sharing that poem. Again, very tough decision but I am sure it was the best for your boys. We all have to go sometime and quality of life should be uppermost.

I commented earlier and would like to repeat my condolences.

Best regards

Gene

Desiree, I don't know if you will remember me, but this is Suzy Hooper from California. I haven't been on the board in quite a while, but I still pop in occasionally to see how everyone is doing and I saw your post. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am that you lost both your boys, I know how special Midnight and Billy were to you. You made the right decision in letting them both go at the same time, for they each had a friend when they crossed the Rainbow Bridge. They will always be in your heart, as you are in theirs. Sending a big ((hug)) your way....

My heart goes out to you. I have had to make this decision also(but not for two at the same time)and it is a gut wrenching thing to do. Your post made me cry just thinking of how hard this really is. I know there are no words to heal the hole in your heart, but time will help, although you never forget.

Back