RIP Midnight and Billy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Desiree-

So sorry for what you have had to go through today, but please take comfort in knowing you did the right thing for Midnight and Billie. Like others have said they have crossed the Rainbow Bridge and are romping together in beautiful green pastures. You will see them again some day and in the mean time I am sure they will watch over you.

RIP Midnight and Billie and ((((HUGS)))) to you Desiree!!!

Barbie

Desiree,

My thoughts are with you. Today I also had to put down a horse that belonged to my friend, so I'm here with you in your sadness & loss. For us we also had to do the right thing. It's a little easier to do when the choice is taken out of your hands. We cannot think of ourselves when it comes to animals and their comfort. You did the right thing & gave them the chance to play again in a new life with new friends.

Tracy Sammons

Im so sorry you had to say goodbye to your boys , you must be devastated
sad.gif

Desiree,

My thoughts are with you. Today I also had to put down a horse that belonged to my friend, so I'm here with you in your sadness & loss. For us we also had to do the right thing. It's a little easier to do when the choice is taken out of your hands. We cannot think of ourselves when it comes to animals and their comfort. You did the right thing & gave them the chance to play again in a new life with new friends.

Tracy Sammons

There are a lot of painful decisions we're forced to make in a lifetime. Letting go of a beloved pet is right up there at the top. To have to let 2 of them go at the same time must have been terrible for you. I'm sorry for the pain and loss you're feeling but applaud you for putting their welfare ahead of your own comfort.

My heart goes out to you, especially having to deal with today all alone. It is obvious to me from reading all the posts, that Midnight and Billie were two very special and well loved boys. Take time to grieve and as time passes you will find that the memories of the good times you shared will come flooding back. My thoughts, prayers and sympathies are with you.

RIP Midnight and Billie - you will never be forgotten.

Anna

I know where you are, just had to let my first mini Jodi go a couple weeks ago, she was in her 30s also, no teeth and started having seizures more and more frequently. She had a companion also, Kaynel, who though a comparatively young 23 was blind and suffering from cushings. Kaynel depended 100% on Jodi...you could hear them talk softly to each other almost constantly as Jodi guided her companion thru life.

Jodi crossed over first with Kaynel's nose on her side. I am sure she waited to cross over with her buddy who left this world with a soft nicker to her pal a few minutes later.

OMG Desiree. I wish I was there to wrap you in my arms and hug you. I'm sitting here crying. I'm so very sorry!!!

What a long life of love your boy had! I'm glad you let your boys go together. You can see in the pic how close they are.

I hope you saved some mane hair from them.

I'm so, so sorry!!
default_crybaby.gif
{{{{Hugs}}}}

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how tough it is. I had to put my first two arabian mares down on the same day, that was really hard, one I had for 12 years and the other was my first foal so was very hard. Then in 2009 I had to make a really hard decision to put my special 2008 mini filly down, she was a daughter of a mini stallion I lost. That was really tough. I cried for weeks after her death. "Think of them as living in the hearts of those they touched for nothing loved is ever lost and they were loved so much." Big hug!

Aww, I'm sorry. You gave them lots of love and made them happy. I'm sorry your sad, you've got lots of great memories to help you through.

I'm so sorry Desiree. I know you struggled with this, but please try to remember you did what was best for them and not for yourself. You let Midnight go because it was time and you know Billy would have been lost and you wouldn't have wanted his last days/months to be scared and alone. They didn't know anything but being together and now that is for eternity. You are a very strong young woman with a huge heart. Hugs to you and godspeed Midnight and Billy.
bye-sad.gif

Oh my gosh... it is obvious that these horses were SO loved and bless you for that. They certainly had a full and wonderful life and knew was being loved was all about. I am SO sorry and to have to lose not one, but two lifelong friends is just awful to cope with. HUGE HUGE HUGS to you!!! You all enriched each others lives that is for sure!!! I am so sorry.

What wonderful words Des,,,they truly show how much you have grown.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your friends.

Oh Desiree, I am so so sorry....I know how special Midnight was to you, if you need to chat I am always around. Much love <3
default_wub.png

I'm terribly sorry for you loss. I can only imagine how you must be feeling after having them both put to rest..

My prayers are with you....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry to hear of your boys' passing. It must be so difficult losing both on the same day, they are now running together over rainbow bridge and will be waiting for you to join them some day. Thinking of you today, take care of yourself.

Becky

Desiree, I am so sorry for your loss of Midnight and Billie. To let one go, let alone two at the same time, very hard on the heart indeed. Hugs to you....They will be waiting for you..

Latest posts

Back