Rescue . . . .

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to jump on the bandwagon and give you KUDDOS for taking in your little guy......
default_saludando.gif

He sure doesn't look like a dwarf in the picture you posted.

In addition to not worming with Quest (actually it's the active ingredient used), another item to be cautious about with minis is BUTE. (Quest is much more dangerous, BTW.)

You guys are all sooo awesome! I really appreciate all of the input! I always make my kids mind their manners, and that includes the furry four legged ones as well
default_rolleyes.gif
. I wont let him get away with being pushy, obnoxcious or naughty, however I appreciate ANY and ALL opinions/experiences you all have! His legs are what scare me about him. I'm going to have to put him on a step stool to get under him to even look at his feet
default_laugh.png
. He's sooo tiny, but I'm sure I'll figure it out!

I'm going to have to put him on a step stool to get under him to even look at his feet
default_laugh.png
. He's sooo tiny, but I'm sure I'll figure it out!
I know that people have made raised "stanchion" type tables to groom and trim their minis. I found that putting the mini in the back of a stock trailer while I am on the ground saves my back and makes it easier to trim hooves. It's not so narrow that they risk falling off. You might need someone in the trailer to keep the horse on the back edge, though, so you can stay on the ground.

LOL, I was married to a ranch hand for many years, and like you, lived out in the middle of nowhere, so I know EXACTLY what you are refering to as far as 'cowboy' country, etc.. and the opinions on any equine that would not make a good ranch horse, LOL

Bless you for rescuing this little guy and trying to get him fixed back up. I wouldnt try to rehome him at this point either until he can get calmed down and is not going to be a health risk for someone perhaps.

Back