Reminder for people going to R nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucker

Reaction score
I just want to remind you guys keep your trailers and tack locked up take your money or purse and credit card ect with you at all times, tulsa is a place that is not kind dont even leave your horses alone keep eye on them and please lock your tack up I had some tack stollin last year and a tralier was stollin please for people who are saleing tack keep eye on your stuff it can walk off very fast Im keeping a look out for these bad people im sure they will be back this year .I hopeing for a great year without people geting there stuff stollin.So guys keep an eye out if someone looks suspcious turn them in and beleive it or not some of people who are doing this are ones who are also showing there horses so please watch your stuff and animals.

I was at Nationals last year, and had a great time. Let's everybody just be sensible and not go into panic mode. Thievery can take place at any show. Twenty years ago at our local fair, which is in a VERY safe, low crime area, someone came through and stole a bunch of stuff. So it can happen anywhere to anybody, but let's not blow it out of proportion.

Yes, there was a ring of thieves stealing trailers 2 years ago. Those people were caught and many of the trailers recovered.

We have been to Nationals a few times now, and have not had any problems, but did hear of a few problems for others. I would NEVER leave my purse or wallet, camera, keys, or anything valuable in an unlocked tack room with dozens of people going in and out of those big barns all day long. Not just owners and trainers go through there- many come to see the horses. That is like leaving your purse in your shopping cart at the grocery store and walking off several aisles over to do your shopping and expecting it all to be there when you get back a half hour later!

There were a couple of years that trailers came up missing, including last year. Keeping your stuff locked up though can really help reduce the prospect of someone walking by and grabbing stuff because it is just laying there (like your halters, etc....). Thieves dont want to have to work at grabbing something- they want a quick grab and go kind of thing as there are too many people around there.

We had a TON of fun there every time we went, and I am sure going to miss not being there again this year. Perhaps next year I will be able to make it again. I hope so!

Just take normal precautions and enjoy!

Latest posts

Back